Houston Chron. preview of 22-3A

[quote name="HookEm2013" post="1245320" timestamp="1345058562"]
Shrinking? Going through your post I can see that you're a "Liberty hater." Everything you post about Liberty is negative. Y'all can have at it.
[/quote]
Dont blow my cover, I dont want anyone to know.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Long time listener first time caller, but I’ve been around on the girl side for some time, but have seen plenty of Falcon football. Besides Falcon #3 is a football player in the making so thought it best we were introduced.

Wow, were to even begin….

Scrubs…not a good word, those teams are the best those towns can currently come up with. While not terribly competitive they are still good kids and deserve some props for working their a$$es off to show up on Friday night and take a beating. For those that don’t know all the history Huffman has been there in the past, just happens we are currently in a very nice upturn thanks in part to the coaches, some to the kids and more to the parents. (Believe it or not, the kids can’t have good team attitudes if the parents are at home ripping the coaches)

Now on to talent, Yeah most teams in the District have some talent. The three that have been thrown around in this thread I’d say classify as CS who has talent and depth, Huffman who has some talent and decent depth and Cleveland who has talent but little depth. In a Huffman vs Clvd match up Clvd prolly has 1-3 of the top athletes on the field, but there is a large drop off where as Huffman is putting a solid athlete at each spot with skill and discipline.

To finish Coldsprings is the lead dog in the race, but they better not fall asleep at the wheel ‘cause we will be ready to knock’em off. Huffman holds strong at second with good set of returners and some hungry youngsters ready to see some action. Cleveland, Liberty will be a hot/cold teams that could be a spoilers. Shephard, Tarkington are the up and comers with bits of speed and a little size coming up but just not there yet.

[quote name="3Falcons" post="1245510" timestamp="1345095300"]
Long time listener first time caller, but I’ve been around on the girl side for some time, but have seen plenty of Falcon football. Besides Falcon #3 is a football player in the making so thought it best we were introduced.

Wow, were to even begin….

Scrubs…not a good word, those teams are the best those towns can currently come up with. While not terribly competitive they are still good kids and deserve some props for working their a$$es off to show up on Friday night and take a beating. For those that don’t know all the history Huffman has been there in the past, just happens we are currently in a very nice upturn thanks in part to the coaches, some to the kids and more to the parents. (Believe it or not, the kids can’t have good team attitudes if the parents are at home ripping the coaches)

Now on to talent, Yeah most teams in the District have some talent. The three that have been thrown around in this thread I’d say classify as CS who has talent and depth, Huffman who has some talent and decent depth and Cleveland who has talent but little depth. In a Huffman vs Clvd match up Clvd prolly has 1-3 of the top athletes on the field, but there is a large drop off where as Huffman is putting a solid athlete at each spot with skill and discipline.

To finish Coldsprings is the lead dog in the race, but they better not fall asleep at the wheel ‘cause we will be ready to knock’em off. Huffman holds strong at second with good set of returners and some hungry youngsters ready to see some action. Cleveland, Liberty will be a hot/cold teams that could be a spoilers. Shephard, Tarkington are the up and comers with bits of speed and a little size coming up but just not there yet.
[/quote]

Some Talent?Huffman has alot of District picks returning and a All State DB/Punter.They have thier O-Line Back to Protect Townley even better ,as well as better Receivers and thier running back.However we cant sleep on Cleveland or Liberty and Coldsprings could be a closer game than the last 2yrs.

Huffman could very well upset the Trojans this year but we'll have to wait and see.I believe that Liberty is still favored over Cleveland but they were last year too and look what happened.Deel has been able to pick up a very good DC and with this addition Huffman might not want to be thinking past them.I think the district top 3 will end up as follows.  1) Coldspring  2)Huffman  3)Liberty. This should be some exciting football.Oh and the darkhorse is definately Cleveland,if they can be consistant they could beat anyone in district.

[quote name="TexasMinuteman" post="1245616" timestamp="1345129188"]
Huffman could very well upset the Trojans this year but we'll have to wait and see.I believe that Liberty is still favored over Cleveland but they were last year too and look what happened.Deel has been able to pick up a very good DC and with this addition Huffman might not want to be thinking past them.I think the district top 3 will end up as follows.  1) Coldspring  2)Huffman  3)Liberty. This should be some exciting football.Oh and the darkhorse is definately Cleveland,if they can be consistant they could beat anyone in district.
[/quote]

Liberty vs Cleveland will be interesting this year. I thought for sure Liberty woukd be them last year, but that D let yall down. I don't really know what to think this year, because there are so many unknowns. Is Standish going to be good enough to replace Fitz? Will Liberty's D improve? Who is going to take Frank's spot a RB? How much did all of those young Sophs that played for Cleveland improve over the summer? I see it as a toss up right now.

[quote name="idk" post="1245700" timestamp="1345135580"]
Also you just better hope and pray that one of the other teams in distric doesn't come up and suprise Huffman, because if they do you sir will have a ton of crow to eat.
[/quote]

I don't have to hope and pray for anything, it's pretty much already a done deal, but I guess anything could happen. So if every player on Huffman's JV and Varsity get hurt and Shepherd's varsity upsets Huffman's freshman team, then yes I will be here to take my crow. ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1245709" timestamp="1345136531"]
Wow, some of these Huffman posters are really making Huffman look like pompous *****.

Sad, very sad.
[/quote]

Just joking around, especially with the Shepherd people. I am very proud to be a Huffman alum, and a little trash talk never hurt anyone. I am aware that anyone can be beat on any night(in fact i said it earlier), so if Huffman gets upset by one of the teams in district then I will be here to take my beating.

Falconfanatic, I was not refering to Shepherd upsetting Huffman, I was talking about any team in distric besides Coldspring.

I can take the trash talk and it is all good. I was just warning you just in case it is your turn at some point this season. ;D

[quote name="idk" post="1245749" timestamp="1345140291"]
Falconfanatic, I was not refering to Shepherd upsetting Huffman, I was talking about any team in distric besides Coldspring.

I can take the trash talk and it is all good. I was just warning you just in case it is your turn at some point this season. ;D
[/quote]

I will be ready 8) ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder