1992 Dream Team v 2012 USA team.

king

the 92 team could probably beat the USA team?

BUT if the 2012 team had Dwight Howard, Andrew Bynum, and Dwade. USA would really beat them.

I dont think any of them could stop Durant, Lebron, and Kobe.

And before you say "well 2012 team dont have MJ"

In my opinion Kobe is right up there with michael Jordan!!!!

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1242147" timestamp="1344118293"]
Did the "dream team" ever score 156 points in one game and shoot 63% from 3 land and 81% from 2 pointers?

Nuff said.
[/quote]
The REAL DREAM TEAM also didn't barely win by 5 points!!!!!  Come on Man!  The original Dream Team by atleast 10!!!!! Too Much Size, Too Much Jordan!!!!!!!

Nuff said.

Guest basketball2012
dream shot better and played better defense, they avg 117pg and gave up 77ppg, robinson,ewing,malone,and barkley are way to physical for this yrs team, 96 usa team could beat this yrs team they jad hakeem,robinson,malone,barkley,and shaq!! ok wade and rose arent on the team well dreamteam could have had dominque wilkins,reggie miller, shaq,rodman,tim hardaway, dreamteam wins by 15

[quote name="king" post="1242237" timestamp="1344178402"]
The 12 team dont have all there best players also..

Dwade
Dwight
Bynum
Griffin
Rose..

And yes jordan was great, but idc what people say Kobe is up there with Jordan!
[/quote]

But you cannot use that in your argument. Those players are not on the team, so therefore they cannot be considered in the argument as to what team would win.

The argument is '92 vs. '12, not '92 vs. potential '12.

92 team could probably beat the 2012 team right now. But if 2012 had all there best players they would spank them.
I just dont see all 90s team hanging with our athletes we have today
Kobe
Lebron
Durant
Dwade
Westbrook
Cpaul
Drose
Dwilliams
Griffin
Howard
Bynum
Love

NBA in the 90s have better big men then now but there is NO WAY you can say the  90s have more athletes then now

[quote name="king" post="1242252" timestamp="1344187238"]

92 team could probably beat the 2012 team right now. But if 2012 had all there best players they would spank them.
I just dont see all 90s team hanging with our athletes we have today
Kobe
Lebron
Durant
Dwade
Westbrook
Cpaul
Drose
Dwilliams
Griffin
Howard
Bynum
Love

NBA in the 90s have better big men then now but there is[b] NO WAY you can say the  90s have more athletes then now[/b]
[/quote]

How athletic was that Lithuania team yesterday? ;) ::)

The style of basketball in 1992 is so much different than today... The young kids today could not take the physical beating they would take inside from Malone, Barkley, Ewing and Robinson....

Throw out Christian Laettner, but of the other 11, Scottie Pippen was arguably the worst player on the team... He is a Hall of Famer... The 2012 team has guys like Iguodala and Harden, who are nice players, but not even close to Hall of Famers....

The argument of athleticism is not a good one.... Michael Jordan was as good or better of an athlete as anyone... He would not defend Jordan, and neither would Kobe....

I'm telling you, the 1992 team is at least 15 points better, if not more....

Guest basketball2012
yeah 4-2 sounds about right!! barkley and malone would hurt this yrs team downlow with being so physical, robinson and ewing wouldnt be stopped!!

The current USA team does have many athletes, but I would think the game plan of the Dream Team would be to pound it down low.  There would be NO CONTEST!!!!!  2012 beat Lith by 5!  Are you serious?  Barkley, Malone, and Ewing would take Love and Bynum's lunch money and make them sit there and watch as they ate there food.  Too Physical for the current players!!!!!  Bynum would be hanging out alot around that 3-point line that he seems to like.

[quote name="king" post="1242325" timestamp="1344208054"]
The 92 team does have better big men.

[b]anyone notice in the NBA right now that big men are declining?[/b]

There are 3 dominant centers. Bynum, hibbert, and howard
[/quote]That will go up and down thru the years based on college bball not developing kids properly.

You can talk all day about the dream team being the best squad ever, and I have respect for them.. But could you imagine the mental approach leading up to that game? You start telling guys like lebron, Kobe, Durant, Paul, Melo, and etc. that the team you are about to play is suppose to beat your butt.. Guarantee those guys would be like, "oh really? Let me show you what I can do too" Way too much talent on the squads.. My favorite argument is the HOF count.. Honestly, this year squad has plenty of guys that when their careers are over will be there too.. And I can tell you one more thing I know for sure.. This squad, when they want to, can play some hardcore defense..

Feel free to criticize, but I pretty sure the difference ain't as much as some people would like it to be

Guest basketball2012
dreamteam domintates inside with ewing and robinson i mean whos going to match up with them?? also malone and barkley would be bad matchup problems for them!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder