2012 Lumberton Raiders Team Preview

[center][img]http://txhshelmetproject.com/TexasHighSchools/L/Lumberton.png[/img][/center]

[center][size=18pt][b][u][i]LUMBERTON RAIDERS[/i][/u][/B][/size][/center]
[center][b][size=12pt]2011 Record: 1-9 Overall, 1-6 District (6th Place in District 20-4A)[/center]

[size=12pt]The 2011 season did not go nearly as planned for Coach Credeur and his Lumberton Raiders as they struggled to a 1-9 last year.  However, the 2012 year brings new optimism in Lumberton as the Raider return ten starters in a quest to return to the 4A playoffs. 

[b][u][size=14pt]Coaching Staff[/u][/b]

[size=12pt][b]Head Coach: Alvin Credeur[/b]
Coaching Record:  34-27 at Lumberton and overall

[b]Assistant Coaches:[/b]

Darwin Davis, Defensive Coordinator/Safeties; Jarrod Adams, Cornerbacks; Heath Gerlufsen, Defensive Ends; Jason Hopson, Offensive Line; Laine McKeller, Defensive Tackles; Randy Richard, Linebackers; Mike Stewart

[b][u][size=14pt]Stadium Information*[/u][/b]

[size=12pt][b]Home Stadium: Raider Stadium[/b]
Address: N LHS Dr & Forest Rd., Lumberton, Texas 77657
Capacity: 10000
Playing surface: Natural

[b][u][size=14pt]2011 Results[/u][/b]

[table][tr][td][size=12pt][b][color=black]Opponent[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][b][color=black]Score[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Jasper[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]21-35[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Barbers Hill[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]6-24[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Silsbee[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]35-49[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Little Cypress-Mauriceville#[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]25-27[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Vidor#[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]26-30[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Port Neches-Groves#[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]10-57[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Livingston#[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]7-49[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Nederland#[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]0-28[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Beaumont Central#[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]27-0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Beaumont Ozen#[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]20-61[/td][/tr]
[/table]
[size=12pt]# - District games

[size=14pt][b][u]2012 Offense[/u][/b][/size]

[size=12pt][b]Offense: Pro I
Returning starters: 5[/b]

As in 2011, Credeur will be replacing key parts of the offensive backfield to replace graduating quarterback Jordan Granato (61-117, 849 yards, 6 TD) and Clay Choate (102 carries, 646, 7 TD).  Those replacements will be joining senior fullback Edmund Horn in the backfield.  The receiver picture is much more settled for the Raiders as they return senior wide receivers Garrett Bourque (9 catches, 177 yards, 1 TD in 2011) and Taylor Trahan (8 catches, 188 yards, 3 TD in 2011).  Senior Zach Burkhalter will anchor a line which will also feature senior Ryan Lovell and junior Mikeal Cisneros.   

[size=14pt][b][u]2012 Defense[/u][/b][/size]

[size=12pt][b]Defense: 4-3
Returning starters: 5[/b]

As was the case last year, the Raiders return five members of their 2012 defense.  Junior defensive Drew Manley will be counted on to control things up front.  The strength in this defense will lie in the Raider linebacker squad in which Carroll will be joined by junior inside linebacker Caleb Cook and junior outside linebacker Ian Stoute.  Borque, senior safety Cody Koch and junior safety Dalton Borne will be counted on to provide leadership in the Raider secondary.

[size=14pt][b][u]2012 Key Games[/u][/b][/size]

Lumberton will start their season a day earlier than most as they travel to Baytown to take on Goose Creek Memorial on August 30th.  The Battle of Village Creek will be renewed on September 14th when the Raiders host Silsbee.  20-4A play will begin on September 28th as the Raiders invade the Reservation to take on Port Neches-Groves and end the regular season in Beaumont against Ozen.

[size=14pt][b][u]Full 2012 Schedule[/u][/b][/size]

[table][tr][td][size=12pt][b][color=black]Date[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][b][color=black]Opponent[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][b][color=black]Time[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Aug. 30[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]at Goose Creek Memorial[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]7:00 p.m.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Sept. 7[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]at Barbers Hill[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]7:00 p.m.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Sept. 14[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]Silsbee[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]7:30 p.m.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Sept. 21[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]OPEN[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Sept. 28[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]at Port Neches-Groves#[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]7:30 p.m.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Oct. 5[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]Beaumont Central#[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]7:30 p.m.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Oct. 12[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]at Vidor#[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]7:30 p.m.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Oct. 19[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]Livingston#[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]7:30 p.m.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Oct. 26[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]at Little Cypress-Mauriceville#[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]7:30 p.m.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Nov. 2[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]Nederland#[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]7:30 p.m.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Nov. 9[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]at Beaumont Ozen#[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]7:30 p.m.[/td][/tr][/table]
[size=12pt]#-District Games

*Source: Texas Stadium Database - http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=1076
Helmets Courtesy of: http://www.txhshelmetproject.com/

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1234127" timestamp="1341589902"]
Most good Coaches will hold their cards and not tell everything or be accurate.
[/quote]

Exactly !

Just because a coach tells you that he is going to be running a particular offense during the up coming season does not mean the he will be running that offense. You don't want to expose too much.

[quote name="raidernaytion" post="1234159" timestamp="1341598149"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=100814.msg1234127#msg1234127 date=1341589902]
[/quote]

Exactly !

Just because a coach tells you that he is going to be running a particular offense during the up coming season does not mean the he will be running that offense. You don't want to expose too much.
[/quote]So you're saying your coach has done this, but you know?

[quote name="raidernaytion" post="1234159" timestamp="1341598149"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=100814.msg1234127#msg1234127 date=1341589902]
[/quote]

Exactly !

[/quote]

Well, I will just say this.

In the questionnaire that Coach Credeur filled out for me, he wrote plainly and with no ambiguity, the words "Pro-I."  That is what goes into the preview.  Why would I rely on anything else when I have the direct information from the coach himself?

Will the Raiders run out of the T instead of the Pro I?  Possibly.

If Lumberton does indeed run out of the T instead would I believe that Coach Credeur attempted to deceive me?  Absolutely not.  First, anytime I have asked for information from Lumberton, Coach Credeur has always been straight with me.  Second, in this case Coach Credeur would gain no real benefit from providing misinformation about the offensive set Lumberton will run out of in the 2012 season as the only team that MIGHT be truly surprised would be Bridge City, whom the Raiders scrimmage on August 17th.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1234172" timestamp="1341600446"]
[quote author=raidernaytion link=topic=100814.msg1234159#msg1234159 date=1341598149]
[/quote]

Exactly !

[/quote]

Well, I will just say this.

In the questionnaire that Coach Credeur filled out for me, he wrote plainly and with no ambiguity, wrote the words "Pro-I."  That is what goes into the preview.  Why would I rely on anything else when I have the direct information from the coach himself?

Will the Raiders run out of the T instead of the Pro I?  Possibly.

If Lumberton does indeed run out of the T instead would I believe that Coach Credeur intentionally attempted to deceive me?  Absolutely not.  First, anytime I have asked for information from Lumberton, Coach Credeur has always been straight with me.  Second, in this case Coach Credeur would gain no real benefit from providing misinformation about the offensive set Lumberton will run out of in the 2012 season as the only team that MIGHT be truly surprised would be Bridge City, whom the Raiders scrimmage on August 17th.
[/quote]Exactly!

I sure hate all of the coaches that have left the program recently....Hopefully they will fill those positions with coaches that are excited to teach and grow young men.... We need some excited coaches!!!  We will surprise some people.  August can't get here soon enough.

[quote name="Raider42" post="1234722" timestamp="1341861429"]
I sure hate all of the coaches that have left the program recently....Hopefully they will fill those positions with coaches that are excited to teach and grow young men.... We need some excited coaches!!![/quote]
So do you HATE the coaches or hate that they are gone?

[quote author=Raider42 link=topic=100814.msg1234722#msg1234722 date=1341861429]
We will surprise some people.  August can't get here soon enough.[/quote]
We hear this every year ::)...I guess if you throw the dart enough times you will hit every now and again. Every one is DC in July!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jaguar-J
[quote name="vidor96pirates" post="1234650" timestamp="1341845188"]
That first district game at PNG might be a confidence breaker for sure.
[/quote]

This may be one if not the only District win for the Raiders . Long season for Huntsman
Squaws

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Sure.  You reassign an employee and they leave voluntarily instead of being fired and being open to litigation.  The outcome is the same, but you are making my point.  The superintendent and AD and principal are all empowered to make personnel decisions.  Instead of accepting the decision made, you talk about lawyering up, no one else was reprimanded, railroad job.  I am old enough to remember when high school sports taught life lessons...accountability being chief among them.
    • I know absolutely nothing about the situation, but I do know head coaches of sports other than the AD have actual teaching assignments, and I know from my wife having worked in the sped department of multiple schools that it’s not uncommon at all for coaches to shirk those duties.  It could very well be that this was the case at BC.  Or not, I don’t know.  Just bringing this up to point out the fact that, although many coaches only want to worry about coaching, they generally have several other responsibilities at the school.  some of them neglect or ignore these duties entirely.  If he’s been written up for other issues before, it’s a dumb argument to say “he was punished for this and others were not”.  If he had a pile of write ups in his file and they did not then it makes sense that the punishments were different.  
    • He wasn’t fired, he was reassigned and people get reassigned all the time. If he was actually fired, then you would have a point, but he wasn’t fired. Based on the information presented here no way this would stand if they fired him and he lawyered up. 
    • I heard the assistant was going to get this job and assume it was referring to the old Vidor coach, Nate Smith.  I always thought he did more with less at Vidor and can't help but think he shares some responsibility in Vidor's recent success. 
    • Classic Bridge City.  Always someone else's fault, refs/umpires cheated, AD with an agenda, yada, yada, yada.  As far as I can tell it's damn near impossible to get fired at these schools so when someone does get fired, it's usually something.  Drama at Bridge City is a constant.  The guy did a good job coaching basketball and I'm sure he'll continue that somewhere else.  Time to move on.
  • Topics