• Yeah-Yeah
    • Travis Lithicum (srry on Spelling
    • PAyton Smith
    • Fernaido Uribe

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man i never play cheap ... i committed 1 foul last night and it wasnt even a hard 1.... come on man what are u talkin about???

You play cheap and have NO class at all. Taunting the Vidor fans after shaking hands. Telling your team mate to shoot at our wall because you were fouled. Letting the ball role by you when Vidor was starting the game over then cussing the player that ran by you to get it. You right Fernando, you play legit soccer alright......HAHAHAHA

look man ... u can say whatever you want but on february 6th, we beat yall and thats something that u cant change so get over it..... im tired of the tough talk ... all you guys do is talk down on us but thats kool ... im not gonna sit on here like an 8 year old and talk smack about anybody, so just stop !!!

I have played with Matt Kirby, Waldrup, Lithicum and i have played against payton smith ....... and i have to say that Matt is the most talented.....waldrup is right behind him though..... but they have 2 very differnt styles of playing ........ with all due respect Matt Kirby will burn Waldrup but Waldrup has the craziest ball skills... so their you have it ...

It is hard to say who the best player in SETX is i havent seen Matt Kirby play but i heard hes the best and im sure he is an outstanding player i would love to play against him and witness it 1st hand but on the other hand as far as Waldrup or "Yea-Yea" goes he is an outstanding player he has quick ball control and does some pretty cheeky stuff.... he plays with the ball pretty good but as far as goin threw the team have yet seen... i would have to say him and fernando are around the same strengths...same style of playin neither of them get past Payton Smith

Guest takes_11_to_win

they are good on their team but i wouldn't say that they stand over kirby and other players, don't get me wrong they are good but aren't district MVP's

Are you serious?? i think you have the definition of MVP all wrong. Im not saying what you said about the individual players is wrong because those were very accurate. but an MVP is most of the time the best player on the TEAM, yes, but that doesnt mean without them the team cant win as easy. what normally makes and MVP is the ten people around him/her, and how well he works with them. sometimes a team can make a great player look amazing. not a great player making one team look amazing. i could see where your coming form in saying that an MVP is the reason why some teams win if your talking about an average team who plays others of their own calibur and only wins bacause that one player dribbles through everyone and finds the net but even with a great player, if he doesnt have a team they will not win that many games. even further, sometimes an MVP isnt the most athletic or skilled player on the field but a player who is talented, but also has a great attitude, is a leader and always gives more than his all. these criteria i believe all contribute to a MVP. not just his ability to score goals(or stop them). so yes a MVP impacts the team but does not control the amount of wins they have.

Are you serious?? i think you have the definition of MVP all wrong. Im not saying what you said about the individual players is wrong because those were very accurate. but an MVP is most of the time the best player on the TEAM, yes, but that doesnt mean without them the team cant win as easy. what normally makes and MVP is the ten people around him/her, and how well he works with them. sometimes a team can make a great player look amazing. not a great player making one team look amazing. i could see where your coming form in saying that an MVP is the reason why some teams win if your talking about an average team who plays others of their own calibur and only wins bacause that one player dribbles through everyone and finds the net but even with a great player, if he doesnt have a team they will not win that many games. even further, sometimes an MVP isnt the most athletic or skilled player on the field but a player who is talented, but also has a great attitude, is a leader and always gives more than his all. these criteria i believe all contribute to a MVP. not just his ability to score goals(or stop them). so yes a MVP impacts the team but does not control the amount of wins they have.

i agree !!!

I would say its a race between Waldrup from Lumberton and #9 from Central. if Garza would have played in more than 3 games so far or #10 from Central would have played more then I would say maybe u could switch those guys but both Waldrup and #9 run the show for their teams and they help break down the defenses and control the ball and keep it away from the other teams offense. those 2 guys are in my opinion far ahead of anyone else in district.

I will talk to Matt tonight and get all the real scoop ..... He has already started his training and is practicing with the team .. . Only once a month I think... But trains with second team more often.. I think if anyone is interested in trying out they should. They look for skilled players that are smart... not the best.... (i had the honor in talking to some off there coaches and thats just few things they told me) They have academy tryouts all the time ..... If you feel like you are a smart player and have very good passsing ability you should try. Because You Never Know What People Are Looking For.

I think you woke up this morning and said it has been too long since i started an argument on the SETXsport forums. So you post this, well everyone is entitled to their opinion and i guess you have the right to share yours, no matter how unaccurate it is. But for yea yea's sake, i will say he is the best out of the teams that are still playing right now. (Kelly's season is over.) SOOOO just for the sake of argument, because i woke up this morining  and said i need to argue on the forums some more as well, as a KELLY FAN, STUDENT, and PLAYER and a memeber of the SETX soccer community, MATT KIRBY is without a doubt the most talented player in SETX.

yes its a loyalty but not only that he is really the best player, kirby scored 26 goals this year, which is a new kelly record and he was also hurt for 3 games and didnt come to two so with missing in total 5 games he scored 26 goals, and i have seen yea yea play and others who are very good but matt still is better no doubt those others are really great players but matt has accomplished a whole lot..not saying the other havent...just to name something hes accomplished. As most know now he signed with the Dynamo U18 team, but what  that means is he can go PRO (that means playing PROFESSIONAL soccer) right after highschool, or if he chooses he can go to college get a degree then he could go pro. also its not only kelly people saying kirby is the best there is acctually a very good amount and other than you im going to say its only Lumberton people sying that Waldrup is the best. One last thing you can not judge who the best player is on one game alone(as you made it seem you have). no doubt he could have had a great game tonight that is better than kirby when he isnt having a good game(which is rare) but if you put these two players next two each other on the best night of there soccer life it would be impossible for you to say kirby is worse than yea yea.  and at the end of LUmbertons season compare these two and it will be hard for you to say yea yea is better than Kirbs

well, im not doubting you know what your talking about becuase you seem like you know prob. more of the facts about that whole dynamo thing than me. but he did get invited to play with their reserve team(the guys that get payed to play soccer) so i dont know what that means other than he would get to play wiht men whos jobs is soccer. and once again because you must of overlooked it last time i said it. you cant judge on just one game especially if you only went to three of our games. and im not saying this is the case at all but kelly does have a better all around team than Lumberton so it could be that the reason why matt doesnt put on such a great "show"  is because there are other people putting on the show with him, not just one player doing it. but hey dont listen to me what do i know.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wew
    Newest Member
    wew