San Augustine 7on7 Results - Marshall Tourney

Wolves looked mighty good! Lost in the semis to eventual champion Gilmer by 2 29-27 I believe. Probably would have beat Gilmer the 2nd time but 95 degree weather coupled with SA playing their 4th game in a row and 5 out of 6 caught up to them. Many many bright spots for SA including several young kids (9th and 10th graders next year) going toe to toe with Gilmer in the semi-final game.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't agree with you. Although it may not be a direct relationship, the skills that these players develop during 7 on 7 can add a dimension to their game in the fall on both sides of the ball. In my opinion these tournaments are the perfect place for teams to work on their passing games. You have to also admit that when a 1A school can go nose to nose with a team like Gilmer and beat teams like Carthage, Crockett, Marshall, and Daingerfield, it has to be a huge confidence builder.

On another note, SA 7 on 7 team will travel to Dallas this weekend to compete in a NFL player development tournament and will be representing the East Texas area. Good Luck and safe travels.

[size=14pt][color=red]GO WOLVES !!!!!!!!![/color][/size]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83