CUSTOM BASEBALL GLOVES

Guest TX_RENEGADES

I just wanted to chime in as a purchaser.  I picked up a Catcher's Mitt late last week when I saw these gloves at the cages in Bridge City.  I liked the quality and small differences, and at the price, it was a no brainer.  I figured I'd give it a try as we have worn a Rawlings Mitt out already this year.  My boy loves this mitt and it's not even broken in yet.  I had a player use it last night in league play and he too loves the mitt.  It already has a good pocket in it after 3 bull pen sessions and warm ups along with the game last night.  In addition, I have not put any oil or conditioner on it either.  I was tempted to do it but I'm holding off to see how it goes, right now, it doesn't need any.

When I first saw the gloves I was drawn to an infielder's glove he had that measures about 11.5", maybe a touch smaller.  It felt great to me and I almost bought it that first time I saw it but couldn't really justify it as I have several gloves already.  I just liked it.  Fast forward to Wednesday at the cages and he still had it so I just purchased it and it is great.  I haven't put oil on it either and it fits and works like a champ.  I've already lost it to my 10 year old, it's in his bag.

Regarding quality, these gloves are top notch.  I usually by all my gloves in Florida at a Rawlings Pro shop near Disney.  We have several Heart of the Hides and they are good gloves but take nearly a season of practice/bull pens to get workable and that is even using oil and storing wrapped. 

These gloves have a lot of details that you don't find on a Nokona or Rawlings, just simple little things like stitching the palms and finger loops.  These gloves have a clean finish, smooth and supple and I think they will last several years of travel/select/high school ball.  Considering the price, it's a hard deal to beat.  I feel these gloves are a bit lighter than comparable quality gloves.  I think this is mostly due to less filler in the layers, thusly you have a bit more "feel" with the gloves, which I like.

I have a coaching buddy that picked up one last night at the ball park after he saw my two and yet to get word from his son on the review.  He is a local high school player and travel ball club.  I'll advise when I get his review.   

I bought a 12.5" outfielders model for my son Friday morning,and he put it to work that evening in practice. He also used it in a tournament this weekend,and he really likes the glove. I used a little bit of nokona glove cream on it,and according to my son,the glove feels great! I'll be getting a catchers mit next...Like MJB said,for the price,its a no brainer!

[quote name="JWB" post="1226611" timestamp="1338218377"]
TD...the name brand is Rodriguez,and their made in Laredo,Tx...Ol' TBone likes his so far...
[/quote]

Thanks, i first thought it might be an STX brand that I bought in Dallas a couple of years ago for my boys. Sounds similar. We were able to choose the colors, the webbing and alot more. They sewed the boys name in the glove and they are good gloves also.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just picked up my custom gloves.  A red/grey catchers mitt to match my son's catching gear and a purple/gold LSU infield/outfield glove for me.  Absolutely amazing workmanship.  So good, my son had to have a cream/brown fielders glove after I texted pictures of extra gloves.  All gloves are one of a kind.  Best part is they don't have to be oiled, after a couple of games they are broken in.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86