Huffman vs. Bridge City Game Thread/Bridge City advances 7-5!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is always people that have to be a arm chair coach (aggie).  The game was a great game and all players and coaches should hold their head up and be proud.  It gets so old hearing fans or in Aggies case a parent blame and dog the coaches.  The teams were prepared last night and the game ended on the field and that is how baseball goes.  It sounds like Aggie has a personal issue with Deberry and he is bringing it here.  The man has done a great job and they will be back next year.

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="WarEagle" post="1223784" timestamp="1337362367"]
Twice Huffman doesn't get outs on bunts when it's obvious bunt situations.  Looked like the players were surprised BC was bunting.  THAT'S not being prepared.
[/quote]

Players are supposed to make plays.

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="truth_hurts" post="1223790" timestamp="1337363032"]
Could not agree more GCMPats. 
Also I only remember once them not getting an out on the bunt and the pitcher pulled the first baseman off the bag.
[/quote]

Thanks. It's just that bashing coaches gets old. They work on bunt coverages every week if not every day. They constantly remind their players to "read the batters hands", "take it away" and many other baseball cliches.

At some point, it comes down to one factor- Players make plays.

No one coaches to lose.

This team made mistakes all year and I am sure they knew that was going to be the end of them in the playoffs.  I know DeBerry works bunts ALL THE TIME, and I know the first baseman catches balls at first ALL THE TIME.  So just because a kid makes a mistake does not mean the team was not prepared.  They are 15-18 year old KIDS, they make mistakes daily.  Learn from them and become better because of them.  Best of Luck to BC the rest of the way and Best of Luck to Huffman in the future.

[quote name="aggieballer96" post="1223674" timestamp="1337352040"]
you may have caught him on a bad night. He may have had some control issues but i would want to lose with my best player on the mound. DeBerry is like that all the time which creates a bad atmosphere for your players. It is why kids fold in a tight game. If you panic the players panic. For the most part they were just that much better than most of the teams they played.
[/quote]

You have no clue.

First Listi has pitched of all maybe 10 innings this year, and he has major controll issues. He is not the guy I want pitching with the game on the line. Carver is the clear #2 guy and it was the right decision to put him in.

Second Deberry is one if the best coaches in the area. He consistently gets the best out of his players every year. If you want proof just look at what he did in Dayton and then look at what Dayton is now that he left.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476