Port Neches-Groves vs Montgomery

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="1219260" timestamp="1336350316"]
BrenhamFan, what should the Indians expect from Montgomery? The Cubs swept them in district, correct?
[/quote]

Ya, but they are a dangerous team.  As much as I hate to admit it, I picked them to win 17-4A this year.  They can hit, and are fundamentally sound.  They have a LH pitcher (a JR I think) that really gave us fits.  He fanned one after another untill about the 6th inning.  Stegent was on the mound for us and he also had like 4 or 5 RBI's.  If he hadn't had his best hitting game of the year, we would have lost.  He was really the only one that had any luck.  If I remember correctly, they also put a pretty good beating on Magnolia both times they played.  As impressive as they have looked, they also have a few shocking losses, that leave you scratching your head.  They are a very Jekyll & Hyde team.  When they are on, they are capable beating anybody in this region.  You just don't know which team you will get....

This really could go either way.  IMO, it goes 3 games.  I'm gonna say....
Game 1- PNG
Game 2- Montgomery
Game 3- Montgomery

I picked PNG, but I'm still pulling for Montgomery and all the the othe teams from 17-4A.
It wouldn't shock me at all though if Montgomery swept the Indians either.  The Bears should be one of PNG's biggest test. 

I guess we'll have to see which Montgomery team shows up.....  The one that took Magnolia apart, or the one that lost badly to Spring Woods.

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="1219290" timestamp="1336355548"]
Good stuff there BrenhamFan. I've seen alot of baseball this year and the Indians have been very impressive every game I witnessed. 

Their defense and bunt game is superb. Pitching is underrated, as Graham and Nelson have been lights out.
[/quote]

They sound like the real deal.  Montgomery can play small ball and they can swing it too, so this will be a good series to watch for those who enjoy all aspects of the game.

Montgomery pitching will be the key to me in the series. When Ty Boland (lefty) the #1 is on, he is very good (good hitter also). Hayes or Morris could pitch second game but not near as experienced as Boland.
Should be a good series with two good fundamental teams. Good luck to both teams and I'll take my Bears in three.

Graham is ace . De-fence is more than fundamental it is exceptional and won games by itself .
contact hitters with base runners in motion . never say die attitude makes few mistakes and knows how to win . individually not superior but as a collective unit ( team) hard to beat . will give montgomery one .  series ----- PNG 2  MONT 1

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1219947" timestamp="1336534790"]
Switching my pick to Montgomery in 3.
[/quote]

Sudden special information???  Do share!!!

I'm going with PNG.  What won them district was good, solid consistent defense and timely hitting.  Plus their pitching ain't too shabby either.  Somehow, someway, they always find a way to win.

[quote name="LCM76" post="1219955" timestamp="1336536524"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=99786.msg1219947#msg1219947 date=1336534790]
Switching my pick to Montgomery in 3.
[/quote]

Sudden special information???  Do share!!!

I'm going with PNG.  What won them district was good, solid consistent defense and timely hitting.  Plus their pitching ain't too shabby either.  Somehow, someway, they always find a way to win.
[/quote]

Nothing new...  I just changed my mind after thinking about it.  Could go either way with Montgomery though.  They are just so unpredictable/inconsistent.

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="PNGFan" post="1220141" timestamp="1336587763"]
And The Hills mother town Baytown couldn't beat PNG!!
[/quote]

REL could not beat them. As for the rest of Baytown, that's yet to be determined.

In the future, you might want to ask the Ant Hill for permission to speak. Seeing that they have owned PNG this year.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1220152" timestamp="1336588769"]
[quote author=PNGFan link=topic=99786.msg1220141#msg1220141 date=1336587763]
[/quote]

REL could not beat them. As for the rest of Baytown, that's yet to be determined.

In the future, you might want to ask the Ant Hill for permission to speak. Seeing that they have owned PNG this year.
[/quote]
N    A    S    T    Y

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1220152" timestamp="1336588769"]
[/quote]

[b]In the future, you might want to ask the Ant Hill for permission to speak. Seeing that they have owned PNG this year.[/b]
[/quote]

And for how long has PNG owned BH?

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="Rizon" post="1220220" timestamp="1336599649"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=99786.msg1220152#msg1220152 date=1336588769]
[/quote]

[b]In the future, you might want to ask the Ant Hill for permission to speak. Seeing that they have owned PNG this year.[/b]
[/quote]

And for how long has PNG owned BH?

[/quote]
Don't matter. Possession is 9/10ths of the law.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder