Deer Park vs. Beaumont West Brook Game 2 Thread/Deer Park wins series 2-0

Game 2 of a Class 5A Bi-District Best of 3 series from West Brook High School in Beaumont at 4:00 p.m..  Deer Park holds a 1-0 series lead after winning last night 4-2.

The winner of this series will face the Fort Bend Kempner/Clear Springs winner.

Alex Soper threw one heck of a game! 6 innings, 2 hits, 1 unearned run (I believe).

Garrett Lockhart was the victim of a "seeing eye" ground ball hit, a bloop hit that "fisted" the batter and then a well placed bunt in the 7th inning.

WB gave top ranked Deer Park a everything they had.

Great game.

Errors again late in the game really cost West Brook. Soper pitched a heck of a game then Brook started throwing it around that allowed Deer Park at least 2 runs. This has happened to West Brook so much this year on the road and at home. So I ask is this a Coaching staff that did not address the situation or a team that just could not find a way to cut down on the errors. I would hope that the coaches dedicated lots of extra practice time just for situations with runners on base. When to throw and situations when it is best to just hold on to the ball. These players all seem to be really good athlete's so I am sure they are fast learners.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder