HD's new coach

Guest incognito123

Guest incognito123
So I've been gone for a while.  I'm offically back and curious.  Someone fill me on on HDs new coach.  Any info woudl be great.  Is he a good hire?  Does he have a good background?  Let me know!

Coach Finney has an overall record of 45-16. He totally turned around two 2-8 teams in Teague and Maud. His worst season with those two teams was 7-3. Three of his Maud players went on to start at TCU. Multiple district championships and playoff wins. All at the age of 32. I had the honor of having Coach Finney come by for a visit, he is very professional and down to earth. He has a formula for winning, his strength and conditioning program is on the D-1 college level. What is really awesome to see, is Coach Finney embracing the HD pride and tradition. He is truly proud to be here and help rekindle our winning tradition and excellence. Also the big strength of Coach Finney is to get our boys on the field. He already has 20 freshmen signed up to play football, Coach Finney will walk the hallways and driveways to get all our boys to play football. H-D will have a JV and alot more varsity players. Coach Finney told me that nobody, will out work or be in better condition than his team. Great man and Coach. H-D is back!

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1213986" timestamp="1335201351"]
Coach Finney has an overall record of 45-16. He totally turned around two 2-8 teams in Teague and Maud. His worst season with those two teams was 7-3. Three of his Maud players went on to start at TCU. Multiple district championships and playoff wins. All at the age of 32. I had the honor of having Coach Finney come by for a visit, he is very professional and down to earth. He has a formula for winning, his strength and conditioning program is on the D-1 college level. What is really awesome to see, is Coach Finney embracing the HD pride and tradition. He is truly proud to be here and help rekindle our winning tradition and excellence. Also the big strength of Coach Finney is to get our boys on the field. He already has 20 freshmen signed up to play football, Coach Finney will walk the hallways and driveways to get all our boys to play football. H-D will have a JV and alot more varsity players. Coach Finney told me that nobody, will out work or be in better condition than his team. Great man and Coach. H-D is back!
[/quote]When did H-D get 20 freshman?

I know from first hand experience that what H-D Bobcat 55 said is right on the money. My son played for him from 8th grade till he graduated and he is now playing at the college level. I promise you he will motivate the kids like they have never been motivated and he will demand they work harder than they have ever worked before. He will make average players good and good players great. He also demands the same from his coaches. If they will not work they will be gone. Besides working hard Coach Finney is a student of the game. He can run Power-I or Spread and everything in between. He will run the offense that suits the talent level he has to work with. If you folks could have seen how bad the program was at Maud (1A) when he got there and what it was when he left you would be very excited about whats to come!!! Good luck to the Bobcats and Coach Finney!!

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="EastTxguru" post="1214006" timestamp="1335204385"]
I know from first hand experience that what H-D Bobcat 55 said is right on the money. My son played for him from 8th grade till he graduated and he is now playing at the college level. I promise you he will motivate the kids like they have never been motivated and he will demand they work harder than they have ever worked before. He will make average players good and good players great. He also demands the same from his coaches. If they will not work they will be gone. Besides working hard Coach Finney is a student of the game. He can run Power-I or Spread and everything in between. He will run the offense that suits the talent level he has to work with. If you folks could have seen how bad the program was at Maud (1A) when he got there and what it was when he left you would be very excited about whats to come!!! Good luck to the Bobcats and Coach Finney!!
[/quote]

I will add that he is very loyal to his players, and if they have a desire to play at the next level, he will do all he can to make that happen.
I know my son will be playing at the college level next year because of Coach Finney.
Hang on HD. It will be a fun ride with Coach Finney.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="D WADE" post="1214235" timestamp="1335231301"]
He sounds like a great hire for H-D. this is not a shot at H-D but why did he leave those other places where he was obviously successful to come to a struggling team? maybe he likes a challenge
[/quote]

I will not get into why he left the other 2 AD positions, but he left Mesquite Poteet because He is a small town guy and wanted to get back to that type of situation & he relates extremely well to those type of kids.

[quote name="Eagle11" post="1214338" timestamp="1335277815"]
He hasn't dealt with HD parents and politics yet.... not meant as a shot at HD.....my oldest went to WH so I have dealt with and am very aware of how those 2 towns politics work.
[/quote]That junk is in every town big or small. Only difference is H-D citizens eat, sleep and breathe Bobcat football. WH not so much. The H-D community is so excited to rekindle our winning tradition. Coach Finney could not be in a better place.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1214549" timestamp="1335309412"]
[quote author=Eagle11 link=topic=99308.msg1214338#msg1214338 date=1335277815]
He hasn't dealt with HD parents and politics yet.... not meant as a shot at HD.....my oldest went to WH so I have dealt with and am very aware of how those 2 towns politics work.
[/quote]That junk is in every town big or small. Only difference is H-D citizens eat, sleep and breathe Bobcat football. WH not so much. The H-D community is so excited to rekindle our winning tradition. Coach Finney could not be in a better place.
[/quote]
There is a difference in eating and breathing the team and getting mad because little Johnny isn't playing where daddy thinks he should. You are right, I know folks there that are anxious for all of that. I hope this guy works out but he needs the support of all of HD.......most importantly the administration.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Eagle11" post="1214557" timestamp="1335313209"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=99308.msg1214549#msg1214549 date=1335309412]
[/quote]
There is a difference in eating and breathing the team and getting mad because little Johnny isn't playing where daddy thinks he should. You are right, I know folks there that are anxious for all of that. I hope this guy works out but he needs the support of all of HD.......most importantly the administration.
[/quote]

I can tell you for a fact he will not discuss playing time with parents or fans. He will field the best players that will give the best chance for the Bobcats to win.
The community will get behind him because he knows how to win.

[quote name="Eagle11" post="1214557" timestamp="1335313209"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=99308.msg1214549#msg1214549 date=1335309412]
[/quote]
[/quote]He was hand picked by the administration, their calling him Coach Skidmore Jr. lol. H-D has not had a Coach like this since Coach Skidmore. Discipline and stamina are key. Hard work!!

I will tell you from watching the kids during athletics that they have turned their attitude towards everything completely around from school to atheletics. Everyone is dressing nice and keeping the school clean and i hear everybody talk about how they love athletics.

[quote name="bobcat2012" post="1214786" timestamp="1335396254"]
I will tell you from watching the kids during athletics that they have turned their attitude towards everything completely around from school to atheletics. Everyone is dressing nice and keeping the school clean and i hear everybody talk about how they love athletics.
[/quote]The culture is changing! Bobcats will be in every game! Players will be disciplined and in top shape. Coach Finney is building confidence in these young men, he allows them to feel like gladiators and rockstars! By earning it with blood sweat and tears!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder