Can PAM do it again????

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="The GOAT" post="1202136" timestamp="1332784418"]
I'm thinking my Titans will start slow, [b]but will still be undefeated when district starts.[/b] The defense will carry them a long way, of coarse replacing Singleton is going  be the hardest part but if the right qb starts the Titans won't miss a beat!!!!!!
[/quote]Yea, Ok.  8)

• 3 months later...
[quote name="The GOAT" post="1202136" timestamp="1332784418"]
I'm thinking my Titans will start slow, but will still be undefeated when district starts. The defense will carry them a long way, of coarse replacing Singleton is going  be the hardest part but if the right qb starts the Titans won't miss a beat!!!!!!
[/quote]

I think this current team will do just as well as the previous team. This group of kids seem determined to pick up where they left off last season.

[quote name="rykerx144" post="1234960" timestamp="1341956671"]
They will lose to GPNS and Laporte (no contest) and will not dissappoint me this year with one of their typical let down games against a deerpark, or channelview, where they just get outplayed for no good reason.  jmo
[/quote]

OK so you answered WHO you "THINK" the Titans will lose to (don't remember anyone asking though) but I noticed you didn't answer the WHY...guess we'll still be a little curious though

This thread should be Can PAM do it again, again, and again????  There is only one team in the last two years that has won more playoff games and that is Coldspring with 9.  PAM went 3 rounds in 2010 and 5 rounds in 2011, for a total of 6 playoff wins.  I think Coach Harrison has done a great job at PAM, and I don't see any reason why that should change!  If PAM loses 3 games it will be including the playoffs and I think they will go a minimum of 3 rounds!  Just my opinion!  Good Luck Titans in 2012!!!!!

They have had great success. Im not trying to take anything away from what they have done.  I just simply gave my prediction that they will lose to NS, Laporte, and one I think they will give up one that they shouldnt.  Just a prediction.  Oh Ghost, you wanna know why I think that?  I think they will lose to NS and Laporte because they will just be that much better and PAM wont be able to match up with either this year.  The third lose im just saying I could see one of next three teams outplaying them and PAM giving up one they shouldnt.  Just a thought!

As for the playoffs, well see.  They have had a pretty easy route 3 deep the past few years and I dont see that changing this year and I could see that being a good possiblility.  I agree that Coach Harrison has had better success the past few years and improved that program considerably.  Like I said though, I think the pretty soft schedule 3 deep has been very benfical to this success.  I like Coach Harrison and glad to see things improving at PAM but I still think that there is alot of talent in Port Arthur and I think that coaching is still what seperates PAM from the big boys of 5a.  Just my opinion!

I completely understand Rykerx's explaination.  For the last 2 seasons, PAM have been probably the most talented team in SETX.  With those kids now gone, they will probably be missing a little bit.  It's hard to replace the 3 headed monster.  I also agree with the playoff route.  When you play passedena teams in the first round of the playoffs, it's normal for one to question.  With that being said, Memorial will still be a handfull for everyone they line up with.  The one thing I know for sure is that they will lose to LaPorte as they return a lot of talent from last year's talented team and they will struggle and lose to NS as they don't see too many down years.  And, they will be good for a couple of rounds in the playoffs.

Rykerx I can accept that explanation, by no means do I agree with it, but I accept it. I know we've lost our "three headed monster" (as Soulja says) however,  we've gained what we lost PLUS SOME. 2011will be hard to repeat,  but not impossible.

[quote name="rykerx144" post="1235185" timestamp="1342036263"]
well just agree to disagree!  Well till your proven wrong anyway!  ;D ;D
[/quote]

AGREED....AND that could be vice versa, because trust believe I'll be looking to serve you my famous "smothered crow"

[quote name="OlDawg" post="1235241" timestamp="1342050925"]
The #2 Div. 2 seed in 21-5A will most likely face Manvel Rd. 1.
[/quote]

PAM is focused on Soulja's Jags, week 0 for now. We'll think about Rd. 1 a few months from now.

[quote name="I LUV MY CITY!!! (formerly known as ThaGhost)" post="1235252" timestamp="1342055075"]
[quote author=OlDawg link=topic=98098.msg1235241#msg1235241 date=1342050925]
[/quote]

PAM is focused on Soulja's Jags, week 0 for now. We'll think about Rd. 1 a few months from now.
[/quote]Good answer. Only reason mentioned was because of a previous reference to PO games against Pasadena schools. Important to remember that Pearland and Manvel are now 22-5A.

[quote name="I LUV MY CITY!!! (formerly known as ThaGhost)" post="1235252" timestamp="1342055075"]
[quote author=OlDawg link=topic=98098.msg1235241#msg1235241 date=1342050925]
[/quote]

[/quote]True.  That's quite evident with the big Maroon and Gray banner hanging in the field house entrance.  8) ;)

Memorial going 8-2 or 9-1 regular season. LaPorte i think will beat us just cause of past events. the other team that may beat us cause i dont think any team from PA has beaten them is Deer Park. But once the playoffs start, its a wrap til we get to the Alamodome to play Steele again. NS to one dimensional to beat Memorial anymore unless they got a bunch of D1 prospect transfers lately. I got LP winning district, Memorial 2nd, Deer Park 3rd, and the winner of WB vs NS gets 4th.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder