LCM Vs PNG Predictions

We got a long week ahead with no baseball being played on Tuesday. Bears got two big games this week taking on PNG and Livingston, while PNG takes on LCM and Vidor. Each team will take on the opponents in consecutive days so pitching will be a key. who ya got in the one on Friday?

I'm thinking this will be a nail-bitter til the end, Bears are playing with alot of heart and win this one 5-3. Go bears!!

Mar. 30 - Port Neches-Groves, 7:00 p.m.*
Mar. 31 - at Livingston, TBA*
Apr. 3 - Nederland, 7:00 p.m.*

LC-M definately got the shaft out of everyone this week with the schedule.  They have to play the other 3 best teams in district in 5 days.  All of the other schools have Central in there somewhere, so they can rest pitchers and save arms.  We will find out soon if LCM has enough arms to stay on top of the district standings. 

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1201851" timestamp="1332700325"]
Mar. 30 - Port Neches-Groves, 7:00 p.m.*
Mar. 31 - at Livingston, TBA*
Apr. 3 - Nederland, 7:00 p.m.*

LC-M definately got the shaft out of everyone this week with the schedule.  They have to play the other 3 best teams in district in 5 days.  All of the other schools have Central in there somewhere, so they can rest pitchers and save arms.  We will find out soon if LCM has enough arms to stay on top of the district standings. 
[/quote]

I would have to agree that we got the short end of the stick but if we can come out with three wins, LCM would earn a lot of respect in the district race.

Good luck keeping the PNG's offense down to 3 runs. Nelson will be on the bump and the most runs he has given up is 2 and that  was to a good Livingston's team against a SFA signee. I think that PNG is going to score atleast 5+. Another tid bit of information is that Nelson has only let up 2 runs in district so far. So with that statistics posted for you. I do not think LCM will score 5.

PNG wins this one

[quote name="ndn4eva" post="1201939" timestamp="1332727612"]
Good luck keeping the PNG's offense down to 3 runs. Nelson will be on the bump and the most runs he has given up is 2 and that  was to a good Livingston's team against a SFA signee. I think that PNG is going to score atleast 5+. Another tid bit of information is that Nelson has only let up 2 runs in district so far. So with that statistics posted for you. I do not think LCM will score 5.

PNG wins this one
[/quote]

Which two teams was Nelson facing when he pitched??

LCM has averaged 12 runs a game in district play. They have been putting up the offensive numbers all season long. Dont get me wrong, Nelson is a good pitcher. But the fact that the game will be at Don Gibbens field, LCM could very well put up 5 plus. Should be a good game, but dont count out LCM's offense.

[quote name="OhBilly18" post="1201963" timestamp="1332731625"]
LCM has averaged 12 runs a game in district play. They have been putting up the offensive numbers all season long. Dont get me wrong, Nelson is a good pitcher. But the fact that the game will be at Don Gibbens field, LCM could very well put up 5 plus. Should be a good game, but dont count out LCM's offense.
[/quote]

Mar. 13 - at Lumberton, 14-0*
Mar. 16 - Beaumont Ozen, 7-2*
Mar. 20 - at Beaumont Central, 19-1*
Mar. 23 - at Vidor, 8-1*

They are averaging 12 runs a game against the bottom 4 teams in district.  It will be interesting to see how they do in the next 3 games.  I doubt the will score 12 against PNG, but anything can happen at the Gib where pop ups turn into 3 run homers. 

PNG wins 5-4

[quote name="ndn4eva" post="1201939" timestamp="1332727612"]

PNG wins this one
[/quote]

Great points. This does look to be a mismatch on paper. But the games aren't played on paper, and it's at LCM so i say the Bears can keep it close.

PNG 7 LCM 4

[quote name="espn2" post="1202050" timestamp="1332775141"]
I just looked at the schedule for the week. And 20-4A seems to be the only team not playing tomorrow night. Why is that?
[/quote]

Maybe TACKS test????? 21-3A also has a off day tomorrow.......  :(

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1202011" timestamp="1332770250"]
[quote author=OhBilly18 link=topic=98083.msg1201963#msg1201963 date=1332731625]
[/quote]

Mar. 13 - at Lumberton, 14-0*
Mar. 16 - Beaumont Ozen, 7-2*
Mar. 20 - at Beaumont Central, 19-1*
Mar. 23 - at Vidor, 8-1*

They are averaging 12 runs a game against the bottom 4 teams in district.  It will be interesting to see how they do in the next 3 games.  I doubt the will score 12 against PNG, but anything can happen at the Gib where pop ups turn into 3 run homers. 

PNG wins 5-4
[/quote]
I am completly aware that they were against the bottom four teams. Meant to put that in there. My point was they have been putting up runs all season, and since the game is at the Gib, you cant count out them putting up over five runs. Wouldnt suprise me if it was a high scoring affair.

[quote name="Critter" post="1202052" timestamp="1332775280"]
[quote author=espn2 link=topic=98083.msg1202050#msg1202050 date=1332775141]
I just looked at the schedule for the week. And 20-4A seems to be the only team not playing tomorrow night. Why is that?
[/quote]

Maybe TACKS test????? 21-3A also has a off day tomorrow.......  :(
[/quote]The reason why they are not playing tomorrow is that the students are takingbwhat is now called STARR test. PNG plays Friday and Saturday and Tuesday.

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1202333" timestamp="1332807312"]
Like what I see of Png this season.

Take the Bears in this one by several if this is a home game for them.

If at Reservation, it could go either way in a close one.

Winner takes control of the district race ::)
[/quote]

The game is home for the Bears... So i agree with you  ;D

I think LCM can hold off the Indian offense some. Fults has been pitching very well this year and has pitched very well versus a quality oponent in Santa Fe, while Carline pitched excellent versus Brenham as well. LCM has the pitching to stay in this game no doubt. I would say this is a 3-2 type game but since it's at the Gibb a few more runs will be scored by default. But with the new bats runs have no been as premium at the Gibb in the past so i give the edge to the Bears 5-3. They've faced more proven opponents throughout their tournaments to show they are the real deal even without facing any of the big district teams yet

[quote name="Bear Country" post="1201961" timestamp="1332731240"]
[quote author=ndn4eva link=topic=98083.msg1201939#msg1201939 date=1332727612]

PNG wins this one
[/quote]

[/quote]  To Bear:    It was not Central and Ozen if thats what your thinking. He gave up 2 against Livingston and shut out Lumberton....

[quote name="injun" post="1202355" timestamp="1332814346"]
[quote author=Bear Country link=topic=98083.msg1201961#msg1201961 date=1332731240]
[quote author=ndn4eva link=topic=98083.msg1201939#msg1201939 date=1332727612]

PNG wins this one
[/quote]

[/quote]  To Bear:    It was not Central and Ozen if thats what your thinking. He gave up 2 against Livingston and shut out Lumberton....
[/quote]

I knew he threw the shut out against Lumberton just wasn't sure about the other. Have y'all faced Vidor?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder