Beaumont Ozen vs. Bridge City Girls Match Thread/BC wins 2-0!

Lady Cardinals win 2 to 0!

There was an ugly incident after the game!

One of Ozen's players hit our coach in the back and one of the Ozen players punched one of our players in the mouth and split he lip.  The officiating, or should I say lack of officiating led to the physical play, the fouls, the yellow and red cards by Ozen that perpetuated the end of the game incident. 

The first game we played against Ozen was bad, but nothing like last night. 

The first game we played them was at Ozen and they played very physical, but nothing like this past Friday night.

Much of the blame for the incident Friday night lies with the officials.  They did not take control of the game early to prevent the physical play from escalatin and getting out-of-hand.  Both official were not in good enough physical shape to get in position to make the correct calls and protect the girls. 

This is nothing new for us this year most of our games have only had two officials and neither one was in very good physical condition.  Part of the officials responsibilty is to protect the players, but if they can't run and get into position to make the corrrect calls what good are they. 

[quote name="caneyhead" post="1203154" timestamp="1332962356"]
I would check with the officials. I have been told by one of them that all the agressive behavior and taunting came from the BC players.

[/quote]

Well, my understanding is that there is video of the "incident."  So UIL officials, if it gets that far, will get to see for themselves.  And yes, the UIL is looking in to it:

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/UIL-investigating-Ozen-Bridge-City-girls-soccer-3439113.php

[quote name="CardinalAg12" post="1203235" timestamp="1332971022"]
WOSgrad, who did you here had a video? 

Just curious, because BC does not video their girl's soccer games and there wasn't any coverage that I saw from any television stations.
[/quote]

KBMT

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder