Local TABC All-Staters & All - Region

@Dick Vitale, It is obvious that you have never watched by nephew play because if you had you would realize that he fully gets the concept of team ball. That's why he averages alot of assist. There are others on the team who don't quite get that concept so maybe someone should talk to them about it. I have seen instances where players have had to walk up to certain players and tell them that they need to pass the ball more during the middle of the game. That is ridiculous....As far as him being a sophmore, I don't care if he was a freshman if he deserved to be on the team, then it is a grave injustice for him not to have been selected. My family does not quitely sit by and accept infractions, we are taught to question and defend ourselves appropriately. i have done it on my job with much success...As far as stats are concerned, they must only look at point per game. I can't fault the coaches who chose the team if they were merely looking at that stat. Anyone who knows the game of basketball understands that it is more then about points scored per game. My nephew understands how to take high percentage shots, while someone eles who scores more ppg may have the shoot first mentality irregardless of what the defense is doing. They may average more points, but their shooting percentage is low. It is unacceptable to shoot the ball when you have 3 people guarding you. It is apparant that they did not look at any other stats because my nephew averaged a lot of steals and assist per game. If one person shoots 33% from the field and another one shots about 60% but averages less points then who really is the better player. I take comfort in the fact that college recruiters know what to look for in  a player. They can recognize players who play within the flow of the game as opposed to those who have a natural propensity to shoot the ball no matter what which can actually work against the team..I will close my saying "no weapon formed against him will prosper" and in the end I think he will be a winner...
My sister has had people texting her all morning telling her how unjustly my nephew has been treated.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...Thats all I will say about that Mr. Bosha...Its just a shame that individual accolades are more important to some than teaching kids what is REALLY important...I hope that YOU aren't the one counseling this kid, Mr. Bosha, because it is obvious that you have a warped sense of reality when it comes to your nephew. The reality is, (and I have seen them play) your nephew is a pretty good player, that plays in a really good program...If he was supposed to be all state or all region, he would have been....Its that simple.  No one "slighted" him, or intentionally left him off of the all region team...Honestly, colege coaches could care less about those types of accolades when it comes to recruiting, so get that out of your mind...Just relax, and allow him to enjoy his HS years without the pressure from family members to obtain accolades that he has no control over anyway...He will be fine.

@dick, you don't know what you are talking about. Maybe you should go back and reread my post. I know college recruiters don't care about the accolades, I stated that in my post. I said that I am glad that they know what to look for in a player as opposed to merely looking at PPG.. FT percentages, assists, FG percentages, PPG, as well as a player's intellectual understanding of the game is important. I don't have a warped reality in regards to my nephew, I played collegiate basketball so I understand what recruiters look for, that is what gives me comfort in this situation. I understand the game from an intellectual standpoint and I adhere to my earlier statements. My nephew should be on the All-region team. I am a woman not a man so I can't understand why you keep calling me Mr Bosha. Bosha is not my last name... As far as the theroy that my post will cause strife between players on the same team I can assure you that it won't be a problem, because the two aforementioned players will more then likely NOT be playing for the same team. next year, so you guys can be at ease in regards to that matter.

[quote name="cbosha" post="1198067" timestamp="1331914585"]
@censored, you don't know what you are talking about. Maybe you should go back and reread my post. I know college recruiters don't care about the accolades, I stated that in my post. I said that I am glad that they know what to look for in a player as opposed to merely looking at PPG.. FT percentages, assists, FG percentages, PPG, as well as a player's intellectual understanding of the game is important. I don't have a warped reality in regards to my nephew, I played collegiate basketball so I understand what recruiters look for, that is what gives me comfort in this situation. I understand the game from an intellectual standpoint and I adhere to my earlier statements. My nephew should be on the All-region team. I am a woman not a man so I can't understand why you keep calling me Mr Bosha. Bosha is not my last name... [b]As far as the theroy that my post will cause strife between players on the same team I can assure you that it won't be a problem, because the two aforementioned players will more then likely NOT be playing for the same team. next year, so you guys can be at ease in regards to that matter.[/b]
[/quote]

Interesting last statement. Please explain.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1198074" timestamp="1331915269"]
Had no idea you were a woman, but now that explains it all...have a wonderful day ma'am, and good luck to your nephew...In whatever decision you guys make for him....wow.
[/quote]

;D ;D

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="hj15" post="1198104" timestamp="1331918502"]
So now your saying Bosha is leaving next year because he didn't make All Region.??
[/quote]
Did Yates call?

I never made any predictions about anyone starting or not starting because I am not familiar with anyone on the freshman or JV team. But don't worry, if people leave I am sure Devante is staying and he is more than able to carry the whole team on his shoulders. He alone can help them advance in the playoffs irregardless of who he is playing with.

[quote name="cbosha" post="1198116" timestamp="1331920136"]
I never made any predictions about anyone starting or not starting because I am not familiar with anyone on the freshman or JV team. But don't worry, if people leave I am sure Devante is staying and he is more than able to carry the whole team on his shoulders. He alone can help them advance in the playoffs irregardless of who he is playing with.
[/quote]

I take it that your post is sarcastic so therefore I ask this question:

Why the bitterness towards Johnson? Just because he was named all region and Bosha wasn't?

Just do not understand why you have issue with Johnson.

I have nothing personally against him, because he is a kid. I don't approve of his game. I don't like players who have a shoot first mentality as I feel it is a detriment to the team.. I feel that he is good, but his shot selection is awful. I, as well as others , in the stands have been very frustrated with some of the shots he has taken in games. I hear people yell all the time for him to "pass the ball".

[quote name="cbosha" post="1198124" timestamp="1331920714"]
I have nothing personally against him, because he is a kid. I don't approve of his game. I don't like players who have a shoot first mentality as I feel it is a detriment to the team.. I feel that he is good, but his shot selection is awful. I, as well as others , in the stands have been very frustrated with some of the shots he has taken in games. I hear people yell all the time for him to "pass the ball".
[/quote]
Would you like for him to pass it to your nephew? ::) ::)....Johnson is a scorer...thats what scorers do..SHOOT THE BALL..If Coach Sutherland doesn't have an issue with it...... ;)

He needs to pass the ball to anyone who is open. It is foolish to shoot a shot with 3 people guarding you or to drive to the basket when there is someone 6'3 standing in the lane because they are in a zone defense. As a result the ball is blocked (duh common sense). Taking 3 pointers 5 feet behind the 3 point arc is also not wise. This type of play disrupts the whole flow of the game. One should learn when to shoot and when to pass. The goal should be to take high percentage shots.

[quote name="cbosha" post="1198129" timestamp="1331921005"]
I feel that making All-Region will only encourage him to keep shooting bad shots which will ultimately hurt the team. What is the point of my nephew being on the team if he won't touch the ball due to someone taking ill advised shots?
[/quote]
Are you reading what you are posting? For someone who has played on the college level, you should have a better understanding of this...Every player has a role to play...Whatever Coach Sutherland says or dictates that role, your nephew had better step into it, or someone else will...Thats how good programs operate...Would you have been happier if your nephew averaged 30, made 1st team all state, and the team finished 15-17, and not make the playoffs? Thats what it sounds like to me....