Lu vs Vermont facts

[pre][/pre] Lamar 23 and 11 vs Vermont 23 and 11. Vermont led by fr guard four mcglynn lost to so Florida by 2 and Harvard by 7 plays hard half court d gives up 60 pts per game only 2 srs beat stony brook in finals of America east. Game i s first of dh with rocks Usf team playing cal after us game broadcast on tru tv with Ian eagle and Jim spanarkle

Another fact:  LU players interviewed on Sunday said they're confident about beating Vermont and are 'ready to face North Carolina'.  I know these are unchartered waters for LU's players, but I hope they're not overly confident to the point of not even showing up Wednesday night. 

Good point! Of Course PK can point to the Nicholls game pregame and get them fired up! Also I get the sense that these young men don't want to let each other down at this point after being called out on national TV. They know everyone is watching now.

"Another fact:  LU players interviewed on Sunday said they're [b]confident[/b] about beating Vermont and are 'ready to face North Carolina'.  I know these are unchartered waters for LU's players, but I hope they're not [b]overly confident[/b] to the point of not even showing up Wednesday night."

I'm not happy, but it was pretty obvious everybody overlooked lil bitty Vermont.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1197625" timestamp="1331826248"]
Vermont was a better [b]team[/b] ;)
[/quote]

Vermont played solid team basketball with a lot of energy, seemed like they wanted more and LU reverted back to one on one basketball for most of the game.  Standing around on offense and really didn't have the energy or enthusiasm.  I was concerned with Roccaforte being there they would revert back. 

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="1197635" timestamp="1331826793"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=97393.msg1197625#msg1197625 date=1331826248]
Vermont was a better [b]team[/b] ;)
[/quote]

Vermont played solid team basketball with a lot of energy, seemed like they wanted more and LU reverted back to one on one basketball for most of the game.  Standing around on offense and really didn't have the energy or enthusiasm.  I was concerned with Roccaforte being there they would revert back.
[/quote]And how about the refs. They fouled out a leading scorer too ;)

That freshman...#4...he's impressive (unless that was a career night for him)...I kept asking myself, if he's really that good, what is he going at Vermont? To me, he was the difference in the game...

I'm proud of Lamar and our coach...Pat Knight took a team that couldn't even qualify for the SLC tourney and then not only qualified, but won it. His starting line-up was at times Roc's starting line-up last year.

[quote name="LamarTech" post="1197845" timestamp="1331856908"]
That freshman...#4...he's impressive (unless that was a career night for him)...I kept asking myself, if he's really that good, what is he going at Vermont? To me, he was the difference in the game...

I'm proud of Lamar and our coach...Pat Knight took a team that couldn't even qualify for the SLC tourney and then not only qualified, but won it. His starting line-up was at times Roc's starting line-up last year.
[/quote]

#4 is a Freshman and is the leading scorer on the team coming off the bench if I heard the announcers right!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder