**#4 HARDIN-JEFFERSON vs. #1 WACO LA VEGA BROADCAST**/La Vega wins 53-50

[quote name="setxslam" post="1191888" timestamp="1330826483"]
Anything can happen in the playoffs.  Waco LV is going to State, and[b][u] I believe they might've finished third in 21-3A.[/u][/b]  Ah, well, there it is.  Heckuva year.  That's a great thing about high school basketball: the season always ends with terrible sadness or ultimate joy and, either way, you can't wait for it to start all over again.
[/quote] What evidence is that based on?

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bullets13" post="1191254" timestamp="1330755503"]
This was a tough loss to stomach.  La Vega was not better than the Hawks tonight.  I would've felt better about this game if they had come out and beat the hawks by 15-20, and i could sit back and say "man, that's a good team, they'll probably win state".  that wasn't the case tonight.  HJ didn't play that well, was the victim of a few questionable calls, but were still in a position to win.  with a 1 point lead and 35 seconds left, HJ got a steal and had a chance to go to the line to end it, and ended the game with a couple of turnovers that turned a 1-point lead into a 3-point deficit.  then Johnson's three rattled out that would've tied it.  this one hurt.  I honestly think HJ was the better team, as they really didn't play that good of a game, and still should've won.  what's worse is between what silsbee has coming back, losing Prudhomme, and the houston schools dropping down to 3A, this was probably HJ's last chance to go to state for awhile, and had they made it through this region, there wasn't a team they were going to face that was any better than the teams they'd faced in regionals.  all of that whining being done, great season to the hawks.  39-2 is a fantastic year by any stretch of the imagination.  Good luck to the seniors in the future, and i look forward to seeing another very solid HJ team next season.
[/quote]
Bullets I completely agree!  The late turnovers hurt & DJ's three being so close and not going in was like a dagger to the heart.  After reviewing the regional program, Athens, HJ & La Vega were built to make their best run at state this year with each school losing at least seven seniors(La Vega had nine).  Silsbee, losing only one senior, should not only be the prohibitive favorite for district champions next year but also perhaps a regional favorite.  Yes, should HJ and or Silsbee made it through regionals, they were not going to face any better teams beyond that point than what they had faced in their region.  Like you said, with the Houston schools shift to 3A, we'll have to wait awhile for any success in that classification.       

[quote name="homeless" post="1192231" timestamp="1330911313"]
[quote author=setxslam link=topic=96967.msg1191888#msg1191888 date=1330826483]
Anything can happen in the playoffs.  Waco LV is going to State, and[b][u] I believe they might've finished third in 21-3A.[/u][/b]  Ah, well, there it is.  Heckuva year.  That's a great thing about high school basketball: the season always ends with terrible sadness or ultimate joy and, either way, you can't wait for it to start all over again.
[/quote] What evidence is that based on?
[/quote]

Just his opinion.  Its no different than the opinion of a coach that referees cost his team a game in a holiday tournament.

HJ has nothing to be ashamed of but I do understand how high the bar is set in their program. Regionals and State trips are the goals [color=red]*unlike a certain 4-A school in Mid-County where winning district is their ultimate goal ::) ;D[/color]

I guarantee there are many other schools wishing they could have had the run HJ had this year. Turn your pain into the momentum for next season's championship run. NOW! Just think what could have been if yall played a harder schedule? ** Now you know I could not leave "well enough alone."  :D ;D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1192372" timestamp="1330956786"]
HJ has nothing to be ashamed of but I do understand how high the bar is set in their program. Regionals and State trips are the goals [color=red]*unlike a certain 4-A school in Mid-County where winning district is their ultimate goal ::) ;D[/color]

I guarantee there are many other schools wishing they could have had the run HJ had this year. Turn your pain into the momentum for next season's championship run. NOW! Just think what could have been if yall played a harder schedule? ** Now you know I could not leave "well enough alone."  :D ;D
[/quote]
MESSY!!! ;D ;D ;D LOL

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="1192393" timestamp="1330957861"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=96967.msg1192390#msg1192390 date=1330957708]
[quote author=86hawk link=topic=96967.msg1191723#msg1191723 date=1330819751]
1 on the Dunk-O-Meter.
[/quote]by H-J or LaVega?
[/quote]Actually, since it had an affect on the final score, you could say that HJ had 2 dunks.... (sigh).
[/quote]Interesting.

[/quote]

Hmmmm-  Seems to me that the harder schedule generated identical results

[quote name="stevenash" post="1192408" timestamp="1330959632"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=96967.msg1192372#msg1192372 date=1330956786]

[/quote]

[/quote]So we are at the crossroads of life.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1192436" timestamp="1330964572"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=96967.msg1192408#msg1192408 date=1330959632]

[/quote]

[/quote]

with the glass either half empty or half full

[quote name="stevenash" post="1192438" timestamp="1330964783"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=96967.msg1192436#msg1192436 date=1330964572]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=96967.msg1192408#msg1192408 date=1330959632]

[/quote]

[/quote]

with the glass either half empty or half full
[/quote]LOL! Yes Sur-rrr!!!

[/quote]
BD3-The season is less than a week over and U start with that WEAK comment (started by an insinuation by DV  ::) ) to drag me into discussing 'Ultimate Goals'! Lord it's gonna be a long Spring/Summer.  ;D 8)
TBH, I have no clue what Ned's Ultimate Goal may be. I would have to presume that Winning District is ONE of their team goals (as most teams probably have), but the Ultimate Goal would be the same as MOST teams (I would hope  ??? )? I'm sure every season provides different goals depending on the previous years success and returning players. I would guess that Ned's goals will be much higher next year than they were this year after losing so much.
The same goes for Silsbee, HJ, Ozen, and Central. I would guess that Silsbee will probably have higher expectations than anyone considering all they are returning next year.

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1192457" timestamp="1330966538"]

[/quote]
BD3-The season is less than a week over and U start with that WEAK comment [b](started by an insinuation by DV  ::) )[/b] to drag me into discussing 'Ultimate Goals'! Lord it's gonna be a long Spring/Summer.  ;D 8)
TBH, I have no clue what Ned's Ultimate Goal may be. I would have to presume that Winning District is ONE of their team goals (as most teams probably have), but the Ultimate Goal would be the same as MOST teams (I would hope  ??? )? I'm sure every season provides different goals depending on the previous years success and returning players. I would guess that Ned's goals will
be much higher next year than they were this year after losing so much.
[/quote]
Now wait a minute!!  >:( ;D  HOW did I start that trend of thought again? ??? ??? 8)

[/quote]
BD3-The season is less than a week over and U start with that WEAK comment (started by an insinuation by DV  ::) ) to drag me into discussing 'Ultimate Goals'! Lord it's gonna be a long Spring/Summer.  ;D 8)
TBH, I have no clue what Ned's Ultimate Goal may be. I would have to presume that Winning District is ONE of their team goals (as most teams probably have), but the Ultimate Goal would be the same as MOST teams (I would hope  ??? )? I'm sure every season provides different goals depending on the previous years success and returning players. I would guess that Ned's goals will be much higher next year than they were this year after losing so much.
The same goes for Silsbee, HJ, Ozen, and Central. I would guess that Silsbee will probably have higher expectations than anyone considering all they are returning next year.
[/quote]

Forget it Dawg  1.  You are naive  2.  At the end of the day, it's just Nederland

[quote name="stevenash" post="1192462" timestamp="1330966862"]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=96967.msg1192457#msg1192457 date=1330966538]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Forget it Dawg  1.  You are naive  2.  At the end of the day, it's just Nederland
[/quote]
I agree that it's #2... 8) ;D

[/quote]
[/quote]Sorry dawg, I assumed winning district was the ultimate goal for the mid-county fan base. Sorry!  ;D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1192472" timestamp="1330967417"]

[/quote]
[/quote]Sorry dawg, I assumed winning district was the ultimate goal for the mid-county fan base. Sorry!  ;D
[/quote]
Bluedove, you didn't actually think that they thought they could make a trip to state, did you? :o ;D ;D

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1192474" timestamp="1330967486"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=96967.msg1192472#msg1192472 date=1330967417]

[/quote]
[/quote]
Bluedove, you didn't actually think that they thought they could make a trip to state, did you? :o ;D ;D
[/quote]Nah, winning district would be the climax. The community would be throwing parades, businesses would close, a mid-county holiday would proposed, and a key to the city. ;D

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1192474" timestamp="1330967486"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=96967.msg1192472#msg1192472 date=1330967417]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

You had better hope they never make a trip to state because if they do, you will be reminded incessantly in a less than subtle manner for a very long time.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder