HARDIN TO ANNOUNCE NEW HEAD COACH TONIGHT!

Guest incognito123

Guest incognito123
BISD is a circus. I"m thinking this might have been as bad.  They brought three men and their families to this meeting, after interviewing them all several times, and interviewed them again!  Then they made their final decision in the way one would announce the winner of a beauty pageant!  It just seems wrong.  No one has answered my question I have asked all night, is this normal?  In my experience, it's not, but I could be wrong.

One day someone is going to give Ned Barrier a chance, and when that happens, he will show everyone what he is capable of.  Maybe WH?  We shall see.

With all of that said, Chad Taylor is a good hire for Hardin.  He has been successful and has roots in the area.  Liberty can now see him up close and wonder why they hired Shane Deel over him several years ago. 

Taylor was chosen BUT just because the board picked you doesnt mean that Taylor will accept this job because now comes the meat & potatoe part MONEY!!!!! He could possibly look at the offer and say thanks but no-thanks!!!!! If he does accept Hardin's offer congrats to him & wish the Hornents well but he wouldnt be my first pick that 4sure!!!!!!!!!

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="Hullabaloo,Caneck!Caneck!" post="1187370" timestamp="1330436630"]
Taylor was chosen BUT just because the board picked you doesnt mean that Taylor will accept this job because now comes the meat & potatoe part MONEY!!!!! He could possibly look at the offer and say thanks but no-thanks!!!!! If he does accept Hardin's offer congrats to him & wish the Hornents well but he wouldnt be my first pick that 4sure!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

I would venture to say that "money" is not the driving force behind Coach Taylor. Most young coaches are chompin' at the bit for a Head Coach/AD position. He'll be there.

From what I remember of Coach Taylor, he was first class and a heck of a good guy.

Good luck.

Understood about being a HC/AD!! Question: Would you leave to make less or just say the same amount of money just to become a HC (with all that headache it brings) when your coaching a LaPorte team that has a good chance to compete for a State Title and come to Hardin which will have a hard time winning 2 district games? I sure would think long and hard about that & if its less money the answer is NO for me atleast. I dont think there is a coach in SETX that would leave a school to make less just to have a title of being a HC! With all that said i do think Hardin will get the money right and I wish Taylor the best of luck but money in this day in age is a driving force you would be crazy to think different.

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="Hullabaloo,Caneck!Caneck!" post="1187576" timestamp="1330450298"]
Understood about being a HC/AD!! Question: Would you leave to make less or just say the same amount of money just to become a HC (with all that headache it brings) when your coaching a LaPorte team that has a good chance to compete for a State Title and come to Hardin which will have a hard time winning 2 district games? I sure would think long and hard about that & if its less money the answer is NO for me atleast. I dont think there is a coach in SETX that would leave a school to make less just to have a title of being a HC! With all that said i do think Hardin will get the money right and I wish Taylor the best of luck but money in this day in age is a driving force you would be crazy to think different.
[/quote]

I would take the HC job for less money.
(I seriously doubt this job would be less money.)

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="Hullabaloo,Caneck!Caneck!" post="1187595" timestamp="1330452580"]
Guess i was right and you was wrong because he turned down the job BOOK IT!
[/quote]

Just don't tell my wife. She thinks I'm perfect.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    monebi
    Newest Member
    monebi