Beaumont West Brook vs. Vidor Game Thread/West Brook wins 6-3!

westend1

i thought Vidor swung the bat better than LCM or PNG.  If they had left the starting pitcher in the game, not sure that Brook has the hitters to come back.  You guys should do fine and battle for a top 3 spot.  Ned looks real good, but everyone else has some weakness.  Of course, I haven't seen Livingstone or Central, but I am guessing that you guys will be up there with them as well.  Good luck, Pirates!

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="Pirate for Life!" post="1183356" timestamp="1329957414"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=96433.msg1182700#msg1182700 date=1329882692]
Brook beat vidor 6-3.  vidor is goog to be a handful in 20-4a
[/quote]so we lost but still looked good?
[/quote]

At this point of the season, sometimes putting kids in game situations is more important than winning. Seeing how they react to the pressure lets you know who you can depend on when the real games start.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1183406" timestamp="1329963104"]
Who pitched for both teams?
[/quote]
No one pitched for both teams.  However, someone pitched for each team.

[quote name="westend1" post="1183372" timestamp="1329959014"]
i thought Vidor swung the bat better than LCM or PNG.  If they had left the starting pitcher in the game, not sure that Brook has the hitters to come back.  You guys should do fine and battle for a top 3 spot.  Ned looks real good, but everyone else has some weakness.  Of course, I haven't seen Livingstone or Central, but I am guessing that you guys will be up there with them as well.  Good luck, Pirates!
[/quote]

When did you see LCM swing it in game time situation? We only played brook in a scrimmage, which doesn't give an accurate reading on what our players can do.

[quote name="Bear Country" post="1183522" timestamp="1329974483"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=96433.msg1183372#msg1183372 date=1329959014]
[/quote]

When did you see LCM swing it in game time situation? We only played brook in a scrimmage, which doesn't give an accurate reading on what our players can do.
[/quote]  It was just an opinion based on what I saw over a 14 inning scrimmage.  maybe it was just a bad day for LCM.  maybe they weren't trying to hit the ball because it wasn't a "game time situation". i don't know.  Just responding to the question from the Pirate fan.  Good luck, LCM.

[quote name="westend1" post="1183592" timestamp="1330006918"]
[quote author=Bear Country link=topic=96433.msg1183522#msg1183522 date=1329974483]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=96433.msg1183372#msg1183372 date=1329959014]
[/quote]

[/quote]  It was just an opinion based on what I saw over a 14 inning scrimmage.  maybe it was just a bad day for LCM.  maybe they weren't trying to hit the ball because it wasn't a "game time situation". i don't know.  Just responding to the question from the Pirate fan.  Good luck, LCM.
[/quote]

I understand that i just don't think scrimmages are a good place to measure the strength of a team. Lots of players are getting thrown into the line up and tons of pitchers are throwing for only minimum innings. Just my opinion though. We will see. I wasn't bashing you, just defending my Bears.

[quote name="OhBilly18" post="1183657" timestamp="1330011605"]
Does anyone have a lineup for who Vidor started in the game??
[/quote]

Tait Orr  SS
Dalton Croft  LF
John Boy Smith  RF
Matt Peno  P (3 Innings)
Colby Sciarrillo  C
Bryce Cooper  CF
Jeremy Stevenson  2B
Paul Fregia  3B
Nick Foshee  1B

Fregia pitched 3, Travis Gentry pitched, Croft pitched

• Member Statistics