Baseball 24-2a

How far can/will  a team from our district go in playoffs???  do we have a team that can make it to final four??  Who?? and why??

I think it will boil down to pitching....and whoever has lots of it, as well as having at least one "stud."  It's wonderful when you have two guns but it seems to always matter most what teams can win when they don't have their star on the mound.

It sounds like lots of teams have depth this year, which sounds like potential for a whole lot of good baseball to be played.  It never helps for a team to win if it is because of sub-par pitching.

Any team that has pitching...accurate pitching, meaning throw strikes, because you can't defend balls. A team that does that will go far.  Any team that has multiple left hand guys will have a grand opportunity. I know Terier, in Buna, thinks just because he says it...it will be true...Buna does not not have a lock on #6.  They do have several good players that came from the Franchise program, Palmer, Richardson, Clark and Franklin. Franklin is really the only ready pitcher at this point as far as freshman...my point...all 2a schools in this district have pitching but how deep and accurate is the question.

Our area is very fortunate for all the higher level organizations that feed better prepared ball players to all the High School programs in the district.  I look forward to watching all the boys in the area advance as young men and contributing members to their perspective schools.  I enjoy seeing all these names of boys that my son and others have competed with around the area and beyond playing for various teams in the area:  I see their names and I think of Gladiators, Young guns, Franchise, Strikeforce, Machine, Yankees, Pirates, Phenoms, and Select Few.  This year is no different than those before and will be not much different than the ones to follow except now I have kid in the mix. 

I agree with Franchiseball in that it will be up to the upperclassmen and what they bring to the table with leadership and talent.

To me, Buna is a sleeper in this one because one of their best talents "Kolton Clark" is still injured and still in Basketball.  If he gets healthy and picks up where he left off as a sophmore, he might just be what they need to solidify the pitching staff along with up coming talent. 

Warn... definitely has talent returning and more on the way

Kountze...their program is off to a new start, new interest and definitely have talent

Deweyville...Have their stud

EC...?? not sure

Buna... Walden, Yoes, Patrick, K Clark (x-factor)

Hardin...Look solid last year and would expect the same

Anahuac.. ???

should and could be a very interesting year!!
I think if a team has 3 name brand pitchers (mid 80's) that can throw strikes at 2A level will go far.  If they are lucky enough to have that one in the upper 80's, we might bring State jewelery back to our district.  Of course I would love it if were Buna but would welcome any team in our district to do it.

Guest sportsmack
  I think freshman can be an impact player, but I agree with the fact that a team is not in very good shape if they are depending on them to do the heavy work.  Granted, there may be the freshman out in Baseball land that is just a beast, but not many of those out there.

I have to get in on this one!  LOL.  In baseball on any given night, a team can be off and lose.  Players as well.  Look at the pros: Ryan, Clemons, etc.  Great days and some bad days.  And sport smack, where were the freshman the last five years.  Buna has two of the best seniors in the district, Yoes made catches in the outfield that could have been named the catch of the year.  Walden has proved himself to be a great and proven hitter throughout high school.  First, when he was in Kountze, and then last year in Buna.  And oh, by the way, did I say proven?  But Buna has a lot more to offer than just three seniors, they have C. Clark, Kelly, both of the Franklin boys, and even though he is our catcher, Patrick.  All of these boys can pitch for Buna!  And then you have the glove of J. Clark, and a player that did not play last year, but who is a great ball player as well, in Askew, who can play anywhere on the field, and Lejeune and if I left anybody out, I'm sorry.  By the way, both of our seniors are hitters along with Franklin the freshman,  and talking about hitting, we have only played two games, and it will be the team as a whole, hitting the ball, five of our starters have not even hit the field.  So sport smack, give it a little time and you will see a whole lot more hitting in the up coming games!  Sincerely a parent, Gerald Walden!

Now concerning the rest of the district, Buna is no shoe in.  However, they will be very tough.  Coach T, has one five straight district titles, and even though he has had a lot of talent, if you have watched some of his games, then you know that he is a great coach, knowing when and how to play small ball will when you some titles.  But enough about Buna.  Kountze has a strong and talented ball club as well,  Price is one of the best seniors in this district, he can play anywhere on the field, and even though he is left-handed, he can play catcher.  Hoke is a fireballer, and Brown has proven to be, one of the best outfielders in the district, and the two freshman looked good at the plate, their first game.  Warren, well let me say this, their name fits them (Warriors).  Last year they were just tough all the way around. And this year, should only show that they will be fighting for a title, by the way, there coach did a great job last year with those kids.  Seen it first hand.  And whatever you do, please do not take Deweyville, Hardin, nor EC for granted.  Deweyville has a team that can hit the ball, along with some great pitchers, and I'm not just talking about there fastballer!  Hardin as well, they were a good team last year, just had a little trouble pulling through a few games.  And finally EC, they were young last year, but still showed some, that they were scrappy.  One of there main pitchers, arm was hurt.  And if you are wondering who I am talking about?  He was there quaterback this year in football.  If healthy, look for Lavergne to be a good one on the mound this year!

Franchise ball, myths or legends?  Are you all about your son or what?  If he is new to varsity, then I'm proud that he has the talent to play on our team.  And I'm sure he is a good ball player.  You must not have a lot of confidence in our team?  You must be a pessimistic.  You need to look at the glass half full and believe in a program that is proven.  As a matter of fact, for the last five years.  Your a grown up, right?  My name is on here, if you don't know who I am, ask around and come visit with me.  You must be trying to use reverse psychology.  Surely a parent would not want to go on here and shed doubt on all of our returning players.  Especially to those that directly contributed to last years title.  "The creme will always rise to the top!". Myths or legends?  ??? ???

Well I'm Chad Shepherd nice to meet you. All I said was it was time to see if they were myths or legends. So I didn't respect anyone or praise anyone kinda like the old saying "time to put up or shutup" and if you"ll notice I put that on here after the basketball boys lost out last night meaning its time to see how good they really are. Thanks Mr. Walden

Guest sportsmack
ATM, you seem a bit jaded or something. I am not sure why you are worked up? Franchise boy was just making a statement. I took it as, enough with all the hype, it's time to play the game and let the cards fall where they may.  I know you are a Big Buna fan and obviously a Kountze fan because you have a Player at both schools, but when it comes to Franchise; negative is the last tag I would give him.  He and several others like Mr. Clark and Mr. Palmer have worked hard over the past few years to help build a successful High School program by getting kids the experience and knowledge needed for High School baseball.  I know those guys bleed blue!  As far as my statement about the freshman ball players; I just meant to communicate that Freshman normally are not the heavy lifters.  It takes a team and generally upper-classman leadership.  Congrats on your son signing with William Baptist, should be a great year for him!

Hardin will be tough to beat this year, they have the whole team returning except one. Correct me if i'm wrong but i believe all of their losses in district were by 1 or 2 runs and all came in extra innings. The have a solid team and are well coached, plus they have one of the best pitchers in the district.

Hype...wow it is an issue. I have a freshman ball player who is on varsity at Kountze and I am ready to see some proven on the field. I hope this year is great for all these kids...I hope all my franchise ball players are amoung the best this year, because that would be a big pay-off for all those Spring, Summer and Fall road trips! Anyway season should be great district wide, because I don't think any one team has a lock on anything.  That's why we play the game and the cream will rise to the top.  One comment on Franchise and ATM...Franchise is a realist and he speaks his mind.  I know, as much as he loves my son and my son loves him as one of the best coaches he has played for, Franchise will not give credit where not deserved.  I dont' think he meant anything negative about returning talent coming back for Buna, just being real...heard all the hype lets get it done now!  Chad and several others created a team with the sole purpose of one day bettering Buna Baseball, so I know tearing it down is the last thing he would do.  The down side to that for me is my son now has to play aginst them...glad it's for only one season.  ATM, I know your a Buna backer as well and I hope Kountze too and thanks for the positive words about my son... Proud of yours for gettings things done and making it to the next level...hope mine has that chance! 

re:Flash 360

Looks like Buna has plenty of Arms available for work on the mound:

E Franklin, B Franklin, Yoes, Walden, Jm Kelly, Richardson, K Clark, J Clark, Patrick
Will be interesting who ends up carrying the load, as always someone always does.

Jm Kelly is one of the most underrated players in the area.  God has blessed this young man with tremendous athleticism and power to boot.  As a Fish, I think he was one of strongest kids on the team.  It will be shocking if we don't see this kid play D1 somewhere either in football or baseball.  His baseball IQ is very high also.  Coach has the luxury of putting him where ever he thinks will do the most good.

Sport smack, jaded?  Maybe or something.  And by the way where's the hype that all of the newcomers dads are talking about?  It really sounds like y'all are concerned about your seniors and juniors.  Give them a little time.  And I have heard of what a good job that franchise ball done with the team.  However, you need to go back and read all that was said.  I gave credit, to where credit was due.  And sport smack if your from Kountze, you know who I am, I'll be in Kountze watching some games, come visit with me.  And by the way, and I'm not being sarcastic. I appreciate the congrats for Richard.

I'm pretty sure no newcomer's dad from Buna said anything about hype. I'm pretty sure I'm the only newcomer dad that post on here. This is just me assuming but I think we all want Buna to do great. I could careless if my son is on varsity or not I'm just glad he chose to be out there but, I'm going to cheer for the varsity no matter what. Don't you think for one second I dont want Buna to do great in everything from football to table tennis if I didn't care about the school I wouldn't be working my butt off for the booster club. Go Coogs.

Ok, maybe I was just exaggerating when I said all the dads.  It was just  some dads.  But Im just curious about the hype talk, and I was confused on the myths or legends.  And before I said, what I said, it was before I knew who you was.  I know you have been working with an offseason program for years, and as I said before heard nothing but good come out of it.  And I believe, that I never questioned your work ethic for the boosters, very proud of that.  Was you at the game tonight? You should have hollered at me and we would have visited.  My main problem was the comment you made about myths and legends.  I think Buna has done really well with there program.  And the coaching you gave the other boys will just be a plus.  However as your supporters have stated, you bleed blue, and I believe that.  I know that you are very involved.  Just the wording from the beginning, made me wonder who you were.  But instead of talking on here, we can just visit at the next game.  I mean we want the same thing for the Buna program, and that is success. 

• 2 weeks later...
There's alot of talent in this district on all teams. Kountze and Warren should be pretty good, but I dont know about anybody else really. I really think 24-2A is Buna's title to lose. Too much talent all over. Though their record may not show it (Buna plays with the big boys before district) they will be ready and focused for their sixth straight district title and a deep run in the playoffs. Eat em up K-Train!

[quote name="jhizzle" post="1192296" timestamp="1330922157"]
There's alot of talent in this district on all teams. Kountze and Warren should be pretty good, but I dont know about anybody else really. I really think 24-2A is Buna's title to lose. Too much talent all over. Though their record may not show it (Buna plays with the big boys before district) they will be ready and focused for their sixth straight district title and a deep run in the playoffs. Eat em up K-Train!
[/quote]

Title..... we need to set our goals a lot higher if we expect to go any further than district.....let's go alllll the way!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder