Nominating Forms Have Gone Out

The SETX All Star Basketball Classic games will be on Saturday, March 3rd at the Evadale Gym. We are following the NFL formula as players still playing for a championship will miss these games but we have plenty of talent that will be available from teams whose season will have ended.

Nomination forms went out to area schools this week and while teams that are still in the playoffs will not be sending names in the coaches whose seasons have ended will begin send their names in ASAP. Once a team is eliminated from the playoffs I hope that their coaches will remember the ALl Star games and send in names to us.

We hope that there are still several teams in the boys regional round and girls at state that day, but with our festival moving up to its new date we still wanted to highlight some outstanding senior athletes with this all star opportunity.

If you need additional information please send me a personal message.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1175470" timestamp="1328895118"]
Question, if Evadale happens to find themselves playing for a regional championship that Saturday, will this all star game still take place?
[/quote]

Yes is will! We hope to still be playing, but the show will go on even without the Rebels involved.

[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="1175473" timestamp="1328895340"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=95747.msg1175470#msg1175470 date=1328895118]
Question, if Evadale happens to find themselves playing for a regional championship that Saturday, will this all star game still take place?
[/quote]

Yes is will! We hope to still be playing, but the show will go on even without the Rebels involved.
[/quote]

Thank you.

Didn't mean to leave out the girls, but I assume the same could be said if the Evadale girls are playing for a state championship that day.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1175475" timestamp="1328895483"]
[quote author=Rebel Yeller link=topic=95747.msg1175473#msg1175473 date=1328895340]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=95747.msg1175470#msg1175470 date=1328895118]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thank you.

Yes that is the case. While we hope that both our teams and several others are still playing that weekend, the show will go on. I don't have one playing this year and I have a few sideline buddies that can fill in for me with my newspaper duties. So send in those forms and we are going to have some All Star games.

Didn't mean to leave out the girls, but I assume the same could be said if the Evadale girls are playing for a state championship that day.
[/quote]

[quote name="stevenash" post="1177114" timestamp="1329160846"]

Who will be coaching the games?
[/quote]

We will basiclly have someone on the bench who will help manage minutes to be sure that all the players get time on the floor somewhat equally. These players have been up against the same players since they were in the 7th grade and some even from Little Dribbler days. It is just exciting to watch them compete with and agaisnt these players one last time.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder