I found this article interesting

This certainly doesn't apply to the Ozen today....it's sad that there are maybe 50 people in attendance until they play Central. I can't seem to understand why there isn't at least 1 person from the family there for each child participating including the cheerleaders. As unhappy as I am with the way things are going, I can't see not supporting my child (hurry up June 2013).

This happens every where.  Being the mother of a cheerleader I can't make every game she cheers at since I have a much younger child who has to be in bed by 8.  I also have a husband who works late most nights so he isn't here to watch the younger child.  But I do try to make as many games as I can but sometimes I can't be there and I hate it.

[quote name="Cheermom4" post="1174965" timestamp="1328805803"]
This happens every where.  Being the mother of a cheerleader I can't make every game she cheers at since I have a much younger child who has to be in bed by 8.  I also have a husband who works late most nights so he isn't here to watch the younger child.  But I do try to make as many games as I can but sometimes I can't be there and I hate it.
[/quote]

That's understandable. I just happen to be in the situation where this son is my youngest one so I have nothing to keep me from going. I can't comprehend how there are some parents that don't show up until it's senior night, if they show up then. My son also plays AAU during the summer, we had a kid that had been on the team for years and his mother showed up for a meeting and the coach had to ask who she was. I know there are circumstances that prevent attending every game but at least make it to a couple.

[quote name="uandme08" post="1174990" timestamp="1328807971"]
[quote author=Cheermom4 link=topic=95708.msg1174965#msg1174965 date=1328805803]
[/quote]

That's understandable. I just happen to be in the situation where this son is my youngest one so I have nothing to keep me from going. I can't comprehend how there are some parents that don't show up until it's senior night, if they show up then. My son also plays AAU during the summer, we had a kid that had been on the team for years and his mother showed up for a meeting and the coach had to ask who she was. I know there are circumstances that prevent attending every game but at least make it to a couple.
[/quote]

I hear you there.  I have always tried to attend everything my children are in.  I am that mom with the picture of my child plastered on my shirt and wearing it proudly.

I also know parents who never attend anything for their child and to me that is sad and I couldn't imagine not being their for my child.  Or like you said only coming for parent night so that your name is called out.  ::)

[quote name="uandme08" post="1174963" timestamp="1328805542"]
This certainly doesn't apply to the Ozen today....it's sad that there are maybe 50 people in attendance until they play Central. I can't seem to understand why there isn't at least 1 person from the family there for each child participating including the cheerleaders. As unhappy as I am with the way things are going, I can't see not supporting my child (hurry up June 2013).
[/quote]It was the oposite effect durring the boutte days.  Ozen would come to a gym near you.  You KNEW they would win and it would be ugly.  Not as many people would show up due to the lopsided victories, unless it's playoff games or vs. Central.

[quote name="uandme08" post="1174990" timestamp="1328807971"]
[/quote]

[/quote]There is one Ozen player that has a huge family, but they refuse to show up because he's a bench player and havn't gotten in any games.  Just to think, if this kid at least comes in the game sometimes, his family will be there in full force.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1175003" timestamp="1328809451"]
[quote author=uandme08 link=topic=95708.msg1174990#msg1174990 date=1328807971]
[/quote]

[/quote]There is one Ozen player that has a huge family, but they refuse to show up because he's a bench player and havn't gotten in any games.  Just to think, if this kid at least comes in the game sometimes, his family will be there in full force.
[/quote]

BMTSoulja1, from one of your other post about the Ozen player not playing Senior Night - I had to do some digging.....apparently he got hurt in practice not too long ago and couldn't play but this doesn't explain why he hasn't played in any of the other games before the slight injury.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1175001" timestamp="1328809261"]
[quote author=uandme08 link=topic=95708.msg1174963#msg1174963 date=1328805542]
[/quote]It was the oposite effect durring the boutte days.  Ozen would come to a gym near you.  You KNEW they would win and it would be ugly.  Not as many people would show up due to the lopsided victories, unless it's playoff games or vs. Central.
[/quote]

You are correct! I used to love going to the games then, now it's like "Man, it's Tuesday/Friday again?"

I admit I'm somewhat old school and the way you young people look at sports today is somewhat different. I don't ever remember having a senior game, but maybe we did and memory is slipping. But I do remember letting a player in for his last game integrated with the starters. But I was raised to play your best players and players *earned*  playing time. I just don't see it anymore.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1175015" timestamp="1328811982"]
I admit I'm somewhat old school and the way you young people look at sports today is somewhat different. I don't ever remember having a senior game, but maybe we did and memory is slipping. But I do remember letting a player in for his last game integrated with the starters. But I was raised to play your best players and players *earned*  playing time. I just don't see it anymore.
[/quote]

So TRUE -- BLUE!  ;D  I remember having to have a good lead and then maybe a senior or two would get in if they were bench players or waiting until fourth quarter AND having the lead then the seniors would close out the game (and they had to keep the lead of course). 

[quote name="hfmom08" post="1175031" timestamp="1328813878"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=95708.msg1175015#msg1175015 date=1328811982]
[/quote]

So TRUE -- BLUE!  ;D  I remember having to have a good lead and then maybe a senior or two would get in if they were bench players or waiting until fourth quarter AND having the lead then the seniors would close out the game (and they had to keep the lead of course).
[/quote]I knew I wasn't dreaming- So kids at one time actually had to earn their playing time ;D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1175035" timestamp="1328814354"]
[quote author=hfmom08 link=topic=95708.msg1175031#msg1175031 date=1328813878]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=95708.msg1175015#msg1175015 date=1328811982]
[/quote]

[/quote]I knew I wasn't dreaming- So kids at one time actually had to earn their playing time ;D
[/quote]

Thats the way it's supposed to be but the lefties are even distorting not only our economic values but our values in sports.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1175039" timestamp="1328814543"]
What if the Bench player IS a senior and have been playing on the team the entire year (not a football kid)?
[/quote]

I'm curious to know if he had playing time before the football boys returned? Do you know Soulja? I'm guilty I was too busy with football to go to a basketball game to know the answer to that.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    siiyyaa
    Newest Member
    siiyyaa