dave campbell's winter edition final 4a rankings

bhsfan

[quote name="robanadana" post="1174160" timestamp="1328704128"]
What's funny about that is, without my Pirates, they don't even make the playoffs. Go figure.
[/quote]

You are so right. Trust me we appreciated the help from the Pirates but I think this ranking consists of what was done once playoffs started. I'm not saying that Vidor nor the teams they played don't deserve to be ranked but IMO Ozen received much attention and many accolades after beating Brenham. Vidor helped get Ozen there, beating Barbers Hill got us closer, beating Brenham put us on the map and in the game that was supposed to be played at Cowboys Stadium then here came the brawl.  ::)   

Those final rankings take into account what happened in the playoffs as well... Ozen had a nice win over Brenham that really put the spotlight on them.... They were a play or two away from beating La Marque....

I don't have a problem with them ranked....

[quote name="HubTx" post="1174394" timestamp="1328721443"]
Those final rankings take into account what happened in the playoffs as well... Ozen had a nice win over Brenham that really put the spotlight on them.... They were a play or two away from beating La Marque....

I don't have a problem with them ranked....
[/quote]

The thing is "some people dont really know the game and understand that rankings arent simply about your win/lose record but more valued is placed on who you beat and when you beat em.. NY GIANTS.. Barely made it into the play-offs but won when it counted so I guess they really dont deserve RINGS!!!

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1174439" timestamp="1328723999"]
Also, take into account what Ozen has comming back.  They were YOUNG last year.
[/quote]

So are we SoulJa. So is Nederland. All three went three rounds deep. Ozen LOST to both of us. It's sorta like taking the MVP away from Montana and giving it to Jokobi (both juniors). I'm not understanding the math.

[quote name="robanadana" post="1174810" timestamp="1328791725"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=95670.msg1174439#msg1174439 date=1328723999]
Also, take into account what Ozen has comming back.  They were YOUNG last year.
[/quote]

So are we SoulJa. So is Nederland. All three went three rounds deep. Ozen LOST to both of us. It's sorta like taking the MVP away from Montana and giving it to Jokobi (both juniors). I'm not understanding the math.
[/quote]

Again I think the whole concept stems from who Ozen beat in the playoffs. Again taking nothing away from Vidor, Nederland, PNG or the teams they faced in the playoffs but being the 4th seed, making it to the playoffs on a prayer and a win by Vidor, crossing over BH then defeating Brenham - I didn't look at the rankings but heard that Brenham was 25...so why is nobody questioning Brenham's ranking considering they only made it 2 rounds?

How can you take something away from someone that wasn't in their possession? MVP wasn't sitting on top of Montana's dresser for whoever to go in, take it and then give it to Jakobi. Seriously IMO both boys play extremely well in their positions whether they played 1 or 5. IMO both boys are honored to receive any and all nominations. Just because our opinions may not match others doesn't mean that we know more or less. I wish both of them continued success.

[quote name="liltex" post="1174663" timestamp="1328745610"]
Soulja Ozen was not young this past year.This was a team that was in alot of close games last year but won just a cpl.My playoff roster vs BH in bi-dist says Ozen had 31 seniors this year 8)
[/quote]

I think he meant that there wasn't that much 20 year olds on the varsity this year ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder