Freshman

TLB0

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1168034" timestamp="1327931652"]
If you are having to play freshmen in 4a and above, that IMO is not a good sign.
[/quote][quote author=Arrow15 link=topic=95103.msg1168043#msg1168043 date=1327933002]
I don't think Walker "has" to play. PNG is stacked from what I hear. This kid is just good. Can play every position and is a jam-up pitcher. Probably could make just about anybody's varsity squad.
[/quote]

NOT THE CASE AT ALL PNG HAS SOME VERY TALENTED UPPER CLASSMEN. JUST NICE TO SEE A FRESHMAN HANG WITH A VARSITY PRACTICE. HE DOES NOT LOOK LIKE A TYPICAL FRESH.

[quote name="ktownfan" post="1168305" timestamp="1327960650"]
Austin Marshall from Kountze is a name to listen for.  The kid is a lefty with a smooth swing can play first r outfield but will help alot with the pitching.
[/quote]

Agree if he can keep it together on the mound when things get rocky he can be one to watch out for in that district.

[quote name="Arrow15" post="1168043" timestamp="1327933002"]
I don't think Walker "has" to play. PNG is stacked from what I hear. This kid is just good. Can play every position and is a jam-up pitcher. Probably could make just about anybody's varsity squad.
[/quote]And PNG may have a 2nd Freshman on varsity his name is Blake Lane. I heard grades is what the coach is waiting for with him. But both young men are outstanding ball players for Freshman. PNG is loaded with quality JR, SOPH, and FRESHMAN this year on their varsity. Should be a fun team to watch.

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="Half Indian/Wildcat" post="1168442" timestamp="1328012652"]
[quote author=Arrow15 link=topic=95103.msg1168043#msg1168043 date=1327933002]
[/quote]And PNG may have a 2nd Freshman on varsity his name is Blake Lane. I heard grades is what the coach is waiting for with him. But both young men are outstanding ball players for Freshman. PNG is loaded with quality JR, SOPH, and FRESHMAN this year on their varsity. Should be a fun team to watch.
[/quote]

So you have a 15 yr old who is struggling in the classroom and you think he is ready for varsity competition? No way!

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1168448" timestamp="1328015877"]
[quote author=Half Indian/Wildcat link=topic=95103.msg1168442#msg1168442 date=1328012652]
[/quote]

So you have a 15 yr old who is struggling in the classroom and you think he is ready for varsity competition? No way!
[/quote]

DITTO!!!

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="TURN2" post="1168453" timestamp="1328017049"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=95103.msg1168448#msg1168448 date=1328015877]
[quote author=Half Indian/Wildcat link=topic=95103.msg1168442#msg1168442 date=1328012652]
[/quote]

[/quote]

DITTO!!!
[/quote]
It's PN-G and really not any of my business, BUT . . . if he's having a grades problem as a Freshman then somebody in the athletic department needs to give him some "Arm around the shoulder" counseling.  He needs to know that no one will ever see his athletic prowness if those grades are not kept up. :(

Guest hottestbats
What position does the Walker kid play and who will he be backing up? What position does the Lane kid play. If this is the case where PNG has to have 2 freshman on the team than depth must be a problem.

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="Critter" post="1168542" timestamp="1328024131"]
IMO.....Having a freshman start on varsity doesn't always mean you lack depth..... could mean that he is that GOOD and the coach's have seen something in him!!!!
[/quote]

It could.

Guest Dirty Bay
Christian Rios and Zac Garcia made varsity as freshman for their defense and sticks for Baytown Sterling last year. We didn't have a strong year last year but the experience really helped them.

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="Dirty Bay" post="1168556" timestamp="1328025852"]
Christian Rios and Zac Garcia made varsity as freshman for their defense and sticks for Baytown Sterling last year. We didn't have a strong year last year but the experience really helped them.
[/quote]

They may have gained experience, but Sterling had no choice but to play those kids on varsity. Just 5 years ago, the chance of a 9th grader making the varsity at RSS zero.

[quote name="bullwinkle" post="1168516" timestamp="1328022616"]
What position does the Walker kid play and who will he be backing up? What position does the Lane kid play. If this is the case where PNG has to have 2 freshman on the team than depth must be a problem.
[/quote][quote author=Critter link=topic=95103.msg1168542#msg1168542 date=1328024131]
IMO.....Having a freshman start on varsity doesn't always mean you lack depth..... could mean that he is that GOOD and the coach's have seen something in him!!!!
[/quote]

Lets not jump ahead it is way too early,Walker kid may get a look as a backup at 2nd or ss and may give a few innings on the mound. There is alot of upper classman talent that is looking pretty good.

A friend of mine in Groves told me that Walker is now the backup shortstop to Daniel Sparrow (Sr.). Walker can play anywhere except catcher and will see pitching time this year. Lane is a catcher and is NOT on varsity. Lane will be a JV guy due to the depth that PNG has.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin