good job caroll thomas

tupac7

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="1149646" timestamp="1324497673"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=93384.msg1149423#msg1149423 date=1324471273]
Save the crocodile tears for the locker room forum.  Very  typical to try and place the blame on Dr. Thomas.  Even in the Walker case, the connection that 'you' have been looking for between him and the defendant have not been made [b]yet[/b].  smh...  ::)
[/quote]Im glad you stuck the word "yet" in there. Cause guess what, its coming!
[/quote]Wasn't there a misstrial?  Wouldn't this have been brought to light?  Didn't they have MONTHS to prepare and gather this information?  Where is it?  They sure in the heck did not provide it. Maybe because there is NONE.

The man makes over $300,000 a year for being a figure head, which is most Superintendents of big school districts in the state are.  Let's not make him out to be destitute or a hero for not taking a raise!!!  Beaumont ISD is a joke around the state, right up there with Dallas ISD and Houston ISD.

"Never said she was the reason, just expressed what was told to me by a friend. To be quite honest I could care less why he left WB because I don't have a dog in that fight. Each of you have your assumptions and opinions (what was I thinking knowing this is an opinion forum)."

I corrected your FACT....... Not your opinion.      Oh and... "it's you.....and I ..... Aint that right John?".  'Young Guns'.  Lol

Guess what???

People plan ahead. 

[quote name="uandme08" post="1149644" timestamp="1324497383"]
[quote author=besbolbenbedygud link=topic=93384.msg1149598#msg1149598 date=1324490631]
"On another note, I guess Dr. Thomas is to blame for Stump's wife working for Mobil and having to relocate her office to the Woodlands"

Johnny Feaumont don't have a clue!

There is zero truth behind Stumps wifes job relocating her, or Her being the reason for his leaving.  Leave her alone!!
[/quote]

Never said she was the reason, just expressed what was told to me by a friend. To be quite honest I could care less why he left WB because I don't have a dog in that fight. Each of you have your assumptions and opinions (what was I thinking knowing this is an opinion forum). I hear it's Dr. Thomas fault, I hear it's BISD's fault because of what schools are zoned to WB, I hear it's Ozen's fault because the "talent" has to stay at Ozen (mind you the same kids that are being called criminals and thugs) and the list could go on and on like the many threads on here will. Good luck to Coach Stump and his family!
[/quote]

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1149649" timestamp="1324498171"]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=93384.msg1149646#msg1149646 date=1324497673]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=93384.msg1149423#msg1149423 date=1324471273]
Save the crocodile tears for the locker room forum.  Very  typical to try and place the blame on Dr. Thomas.  Even in the Walker case, the connection that 'you' have been looking for between him and the defendant have not been made [b]yet[/b].  smh...  ::)
[/quote]Im glad you stuck the word "yet" in there. Cause guess what, its coming!
[/quote]Wasn't there a misstrial?  Wouldn't this have been brought to light?  Didn't they have MONTHS to prepare and gather this information?  Where is it?  They sure in the heck did not provide it. Maybe because there is NONE.
[/quote]You dont think its over, do ya? The FBI doesnt come up with 37 trumped up charges, for no reason. It will be tried again, and eventually, somebody is gonna roll over.

[quote name="SETEXFan" post="1149654" timestamp="1324498514"]
The man makes over $300,000 a year for being a figure head, which is most Superintendents of big school districts in the state are.  Let's not make him out to be destitute or a hero for not taking a raise!!!  Beaumont ISD is a joke around the state, right up there with Dallas ISD and Houston ISD.
[/quote]That's very cute.  And I suppose Dayton ISD is the utopia of school districts in the state of Texas, right?  I would love to hear this. 

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="1149676" timestamp="1324501217"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=93384.msg1149649#msg1149649 date=1324498171]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=93384.msg1149646#msg1149646 date=1324497673]
[/quote]You dont think its over, do ya? The FBI doesnt come up with 37 trumped up charges, for no reason. It will be tried again, and eventually, somebody is gonna roll over.
[/quote]Don't you think if there was a connection, that would have been one of the FIRST things thrown out there?  It wasn't thrown not once.  It does not make sense to chance possibly losing the case just to buy more time.  If they have proof, it would have been revealed probably within the first moments of the trial. 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1149678" timestamp="1324501416"]
[quote author=SETEXFan link=topic=93384.msg1149654#msg1149654 date=1324498514]
[/quote]That's very cute.  And I suppose Dayton ISD is the utopia of school districts in the state of Texas, right?  I would love to hear this.
[/quote]
Atleast Dayton held onto there head coach and didn't chase him off.  ::)  8)

[quote name="vp32" post="1149682" timestamp="1324501624"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=93384.msg1149678#msg1149678 date=1324501416]
[/quote]
[/quote]Once again, your understanding and comprehension is lacking again. No one chased him off. 

Let that guy answer the question. I want to know how BISD is a joke and how Dayton ISD is the utopia of school districts in Texas.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1149694" timestamp="1324502260"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=93384.msg1149682#msg1149682 date=1324501624]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=93384.msg1149678#msg1149678 date=1324501416]
[/quote]
[/quote]Once again, your understanding and comprehension is lacking again. No one chased him off. 

Let that guy answer the question. I want to know how BISD is a joke and how Dayton ISD is the utopia of school districts in Texas.
[/quote]
I'm not stopping him from answering. He can answer away. And when did he say Dayton ISD is the utopia of school districts in Texas?

[quote name="vp32" post="1149696" timestamp="1324502350"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=93384.msg1149694#msg1149694 date=1324502260]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I'm not stopping him from answering. He can answer away. And when did he say Dayton ISD is the utopia of school districts in Texas?
[/quote]Most people just start talking to co-sign for someon they think have credibility and have nothing backing what they say.  This guy is a Dayton fan that follows Dayton.  So for him to call BISD, Dallas ISD, and Houston ISD a joke, he must think that Dayton ISD is all peaches and roses.  I'm simply waiting on his response...  8) 8)

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1149699" timestamp="1324502517"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=93384.msg1149696#msg1149696 date=1324502350]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=93384.msg1149694#msg1149694 date=1324502260]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]Most people just start talking to co-sign for someon they think have credibility and have nothing backing what they say.  This guy is a Dayton fan that follows Dayton.  So for him to call BISD, Dallas ISD, and Houston ISD a joke, he must think that Dayton ISD is all peaches and roses.  I'm simply waiting on his response...  8) 8)
[/quote]
So your assuming he thinks that. Thank you that's all I wanted to know.  8)

[quote name="vp32" post="1149702" timestamp="1324502688"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=93384.msg1149699#msg1149699 date=1324502517]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=93384.msg1149696#msg1149696 date=1324502350]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
So your assuming he thinks that. Thank you that's all I wanted to know.  8)
[/quote]Put yourself in his shoes.  You wouldn't call BISD a joke unless you know that Vidor ISD is great, because you know that my rebuttal will be on your district.  You know I'm right.

Sorry for taking so long to get back with you all.  Is Dayton utopia?  No, everywhere has it's problems.  But when the state of Texas cannot set the passing standards for the new tests that are coming out until they get the results in from Houston, Dallas and Beaumont (their tests will be graded first) then you can surmise it is to see where the passing standards have to be set and how low they must be set.  You really do not think that Governor Perry would allow for the state's new tests to fall flat on it's face, do you?  If you set the passing standard before the test, which is when it should be set, and the big districts fail, that does not look good for a presidential nominee. 

So really I guess I mis-spoke when I called Beaumont, Dallas, and Houston ISD a joke.  They are really failures that will be made successful by a joke of a Governor that is trying to be President.

Is everyone in these districts failures, absolutely not!!!  There are some great teachers and great students in these districts, and a lot of them.  They just get overshadowed by the majority. 

I bet I know where the response to this post is going!!!

[quote name="SETEXFan" post="1149749" timestamp="1324509520"]
Sorry for taking so long to get back with you all.  Is Dayton utopia?  No, everywhere has it's problems.  But when the state of Texas cannot set the passing standards for the new tests that are coming out until they get the results in from Houston, Dallas and Beaumont (their tests will be graded first) then you can surmise it is to see where the passing standards have to be set and how low they must be set.  You really do not think that Governor Perry would allow for the state's new tests to fall flat on it's face, do you?  If you set the passing standard before the test, which is when it should be set, and the big districts fail, that does not look good for a presidential nominee. 

So really I guess I mis-spoke when I called Beaumont, Dallas, and Houston ISD a joke.  They are really failures that will be made successful by a joke of a Governor that is trying to be President.

Is everyone in these districts failures, absolutely not!!!  There are some great teachers and great students in these districts, and a lot of them.  They just get overshadowed by the majority. 

I bet I know where the response to this post is going!!!
[/quote]Seems like you're reaching just to prove a point that isn't there at all.  These 'Big' districts are failures, right?  Is that what you want to refer to them now?(nice way to clean it up).  You throw the governer in?  And now before I begin to rip you apart, you Make mention that you know what I'm going to say.  Come on, then.  What will I say about Dayton ISD?  (This is going to be fun.  This will save me more typing.  ;) )

You can say what you want about Dayton, it really does not matter.  Your opinion about Dayton is completely irrelevant, just as mine is about Beaumont ISD.  Dayton is not big enough to make a difference in the overall state and the outcome of the success of a test.  Neither is Vidor, West Orange, Newton, Jasper, Port Neches, or any of the other smaller districts around the state. Beaumont is large enough to make a difference, just as is Dallas and Houston, and that is why I stated those things.  Maybe they will set the bar high, could happen, but do you believe that?  I would hope that you would since you are a Beaumont supporter and Thomas fan.

If you really think that the results of this new upcoming test will not be affected by the upcoming presidential election and Governor Perry, then you truly do live in a bubble.

So please rip away.  I am sure that everyone on this board is waiting.

Who said I was a Thomas supporter? 

And since BISD is bigger than Dayton ISD, that makes Dayton irrelivant to the conversation?  Hogwash!  You are darn right Dayton have their problems, and I very well could fire away on it, but I won't because I'm smart enough to know that NO district is perfect.  Just for future reference, just make sure that YOUR back yard is clean before you start slinging mud.  I'll leave it at that. 

We have kids that are getting a great education and we have teachers and 'higher ups' that are doing a great job steering them in the right direction.  In 2012, I will have several relatives graduating and look forward to them being a productive addition to society, thanks to home upbringing and GOOD roll models and teachers at these schools.  Test scores looked good.  The only reason BISD failed to hit Recognized is because of ONE school. Just one.  If one school does not hit recognized, the district cannot obtain that status.  By the way, where was Dayton ISD ranked.  Just curious?

[quote name="SETEXFan" post="1149782" timestamp="1324513196"]
[b]WOW!!!  How is that nerve doing that I hit?[/b]

I believe I said earlier that Beaumont has some great students and teachers.  Congratulations for having some of those in the family.  You should be proud.
[/quote]Uhh, no.  Why would you think that?  BTW, you still didn't answer my last question.

Thanks for the compliment.

The Thomas question?  Don't know, kind of felt that way.  Maybe I am wrong.  You said that only one school was not Recognized, correct?  I just checked on the TEA website and all of Beaumont's high schools were Academically Acceptable. Same as Dayton's.....

You are more than welcome.

[quote name="SETEXFan" post="1149790" timestamp="1324513752"]
The Thomas question?  Don't know, kind of felt that way.  Maybe I am wrong.  You said that only one school was not Recognized, correct?  I just checked on the TEA website and all of Beaumont's high schools were Academically Acceptable. Same as Dayton's.....

You are more than welcome.
[/quote]Go to this link.
http://ritter.tea.state.tx.us/cgi/sas/broker

You see where ONE school, Smith Middle school is Academically Unacceptable, wich pulled BISD as a whole as Academically Acceptable.  As you know,there cannot have one UNACCEPTABLE if you hope to get Exemplary.  Dayton, on the other hand, had not ONE exemplary anywhere.  BISD had many schools with Exemplary.  Dayton had non and a school that was unacceptable. 

See what slinging mud will get you?

With that being said, I'm done with the Pissing contest. 

I have a co-worker who is absolutly thrilled to see Stump go but on the other hand does not like "Butch" at all. He says that Stump played his favorites and left some great ones on the bench. He also cannot stand the stadium being named what it is. I dont really have an opinion on Stump but would love to know why he left although I know i will never find out. As far as Thomas is concerned I guess that id for you Beaumont folks to work out. Hope you all get a great replacment.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder