I am pumped about this trade...

AJ25

The Astros traded Mark Melancon for RedSox young utility IF Jed Jowrie and up and coming pitcher Kyle Weiland. Lowrie has shown HUGE promise (been handed the starting SS job in Boston twice) before going down with injuries... If he can stay healthy, he'll be a staple in Houston for a while. As for Weiland, a starting pitcher, also shows promise. There's no room for him to go up with Boston's pitching depth, so he should find his way into the Houston rotation this year. Looks like a positive trade if Lowrie will stay healthy and Weiland fulfills his promising future.

Guest UHCoog14
Looks like a very good trade. The best part is that his "injury" was for mono and not some physical issue that would hamper him on the field.

So far the new guy gets an "A".

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1146301" timestamp="1323890264"]
Looks like a very good trade. The best part is that his "injury" was for mono and not some physical issue that would hamper him on the field.

So far the new guy gets an "A".
[/quote]

If only one of these guys pan out as 5+ year starters (hopefully Weiland is I had to choose, but I've always had a nack for Lowrie) then this trade is a success. Everyone in baseball knows closers come and go like crazy, but starting pitching depth and a quality SS is hard to find. We may have killed two birds with one stone.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    fasedo9317
    Newest Member
    fasedo9317