Hamshire-Fannett Coach DeCello out???

[quote name="dawg13" post="1140539" timestamp="1323149534"]
BLUE DOVE, WHY WOULD YOU BE GLAD TO SEE HIM COACHING.I JUST HOPE WE HAVE SOME ONE ELSE IN MIND AND THIS IS NOT LONG TERM.
[/quote]

73-68
[img]http://files.sharenator.com/original_Always_remember_the_snipe-s140x140-146970-580.gif[/img]

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1141249" timestamp="1323228697"]
[quote author=hj15 link=topic=92671.msg1141241#msg1141241 date=1323228321]
[quote author=Riding Solo link=topic=92671.msg1141113#msg1141113 date=1323220368]
Dove, I applaud you for moving your son out of HF. [glow=red,2,300][sup][b]Way to much drama no matter what the coach did[/b][/sup][/glow]. They will never be happy with any coach. This coach Neil, it won't be long and HF will be hating on him also. There is also a lot of drama going on with another school in the district. Not the same situation but they are trying to get rid of the head football coach and girls basketball coach. Sad society we live in is all I can say.
[/quote]
Way to much drama no matter what the coach did
I think Dove jumped from the kettle to the fire!!!
[/quote]I did? My kid is in Hollywood, CA on a school field trip at the UCLA School of Communications ;) If thats jumping into the fire, just keep on burning me ;D
[/quote] 8)

[quote name="hj15" post="1141271" timestamp="1323229990"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=92671.msg1141249#msg1141249 date=1323228697]
[quote author=hj15 link=topic=92671.msg1141241#msg1141241 date=1323228321]
[quote author=Riding Solo link=topic=92671.msg1141113#msg1141113 date=1323220368]
Dove, I applaud you for moving your son out of HF. [glow=red,2,300][sup][b]Way to much drama no matter what the coach did[/b][/sup][/glow]. They will never be happy with any coach. This coach Neil, it won't be long and HF will be hating on him also. There is also a lot of drama going on with another school in the district. Not the same situation but they are trying to get rid of the head football coach and girls basketball coach. Sad society we live in is all I can say.
[/quote]
Way to much drama no matter what the coach did
I think Dove jumped from the kettle to the fire!!!
[/quote]I did? My kid is in Hollywood, CA on a school field trip at the UCLA School of Communications ;) If thats jumping into the fire, just keep on burning me ;D
[/quote]
But if they had stayed they could have went to College Station on a school field trip to the Texas A@M school of Animal Husbandry.!! ;D ;D
[/quote]They visited Texas A&M on Oct.15th  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) Next question!!!!

[quote name="whsalum" post="1141301" timestamp="1323233755"]
I have no connections to the HFISD and no clue what got the Coach dismissed but it's a sad day for all parties involved. I always liked Coached DeCellos coaching style and it's been years since HF had a team capable of beating Kountze.Hopefully the kids will get a coach that can keep the program on the rise but you usually don't find those type coaches at the junior high.
[/quote]His style whipped the team back into a winning frame of mind. It was obvious.

[quote name="killingmesmalls" post="1141305" timestamp="1323234698"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=92671.msg1140579#msg1140579 date=1323178666]
[quote author=dawg13 link=topic=92671.msg1140539#msg1140539 date=1323149534]
BLUE DOVE, WHY WOULD YOU BE GLAD TO SEE HIM COACHING.I JUST HOPE WE HAVE SOME ONE ELSE IN MIND AND THIS IS NOT LONG TERM.
[/quote] Its only a short term solution for now. I could think of "others" who could have been appointed from the middle school.
[/quote]

Dove, what "others" are you referring to?  The ex-coach, which you ran out and doesn't even coach basketball anymore, the middle school coordinator, the 7th grade coach, or the 8th grade coach that was promotted.

Dawg, any coach they bring in is bound to give your son more playing time than Coach Decello did.  Not sure why your son, who has the most varsity experience of anyone on the team, was getting almost the least amount of playing time of the nine on the team.  Maybe Coach Decello, being the "great basketball mind that he was" saw something that the last coach didn't in your son.  Why are you upset about this being permenant?
[/quote]You just named the "others."  ;)

[quote name="Horns89" post="1141332" timestamp="1323259091"]
Dove if Ozen is so great why did you leave one child behind?
[/quote] lol! You guys keep fishing, don't you! Hmmmm? No one asks me about my older daughter who attended Ozen in the 2007, and the younger ones attended HF schools....hmmm? ;) NEXT QUESTION!!!

How was Blue Dove in any way to blame for this?? ??? He basically said the previous coach wasn't winning at all and the kids deserved a better coach. That's what coaching is about, WINNING! If you can't win then you can't coach! The new coach was doing a great job! He had the team winning! He just got dismissed for things off the court. How is that Doves fault? If anything he should be getting credit for helping the team win a few games! And if the school board is listening to Dove on a message board posting behind an alias (even though we all know who he is) then HF ISD has much bigger problems then the basketball coach.

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="1141396" timestamp="1323267962"]
How was Blue Dove in any way to blame for this?? ??? He basically said the previous coach wasn't winning at all and the kids deserved a better coach. That's what coaching is about, WINNING! If you can't win then you can't coach! The new coach was doing a great job! He had the team winning! He just got dismissed for things off the court. How is that Doves fault? If anything he should be getting credit for helping the team win a few games! And if the school board is listening to Dove on a message board posting behind an alias (even though we all know who he is) then HF ISD has much bigger problems then the basketball coach.
[/quote]WHAT!!! You know who I am? :o :o ;D

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="1141396" timestamp="1323267962"]
[/quote]
False. Winning is not everything at the high school level.

[quote name="forum" post="1141428" timestamp="1323269871"]
[quote author=ForeverADog link=topic=92671.msg1141396#msg1141396 date=1323267962]
[/quote]
[/quote]Really? Tell that to those coaches who have been let go because of losing seasons. And if you have a coach at a high school and he's not instilling a overall winning attitude to his team, then maybe he/she should be re-evaluated.

[quote name="Riding Solo" post="1141102" timestamp="1323219559"]
Wow, I kind of know whats going on also but I will say this, drama is everywhere. Parents are out of control and have pretty much destroyed the [b]purest form of sports which is high school.[/b] So glad my kids are out of high school.
[/quote]
I agree to some level, b/c I have seen a lot of parents whine about little Johnny not getting enough PT, and it's pathetic. If your kid is not playing, tell him to practice more and try harder. I believe a big reason HS sports is no longer the purest forms of sport is b/c coaches recruit (like college) and parents send their kids to another school for a better opportunity. I understand why a parent may send his/her child to another school, but I am still against it. I guess I don't like it, b/c that is not the way it was when I was in school 25 years ago. You represented your community, and nobody ever considered transferring for athletic purposes. The ONLY reason one would change schools is when your parents had to move for an out of town opportunity for work. Now kids change teams like a NBA player.
I remember when the team I played for wasn't very good one year, so we got together and made a difference by playing all summer long. There was a guy (now coach-won't name him b/c i don't want to hijack the thread) who called everyone daily to tell them when and where we were meeting to play. Without his leadership, we would have stunk again. Back then, we didn't have summer leagues, tourneys, AAU, etc. We ended up going to the playoffs that year. My point is that instead of just working harder (these days), people look for the easy way out (and that is towards life choices in general, not just sports). This mentality will continue in their lives which will lead to a lack of loyalty for their job, team, family.  8)

[quote name="NB Dawg" post="1141442" timestamp="1323270728"]
[quote author=Riding Solo link=topic=92671.msg1141102#msg1141102 date=1323219559]
Wow, I kind of know whats going on also but I will say this, drama is everywhere. Parents are out of control and have pretty much destroyed the [b]purest form of sports which is high school.[/b] So glad my kids are out of high school.
[/quote]
I agree to some level, b/c I have seen a lot of parents whine about little Johnny not getting enough PT, and it's pathetic. If your kid is not playing, tell him to practice more and try harder. I believe a big reason HS sports is no longer the purest forms of sport is b/c coaches recruit (like college) and parents send their kids to another school for a better opportunity. I understand why a parent may send his/her child to another school, but I am still against it. I guess I don't like it, b/c that is not the way it was when I was in school 25 years ago. You represented your community, and nobody ever considered transferring for athletic purposes. The ONLY reason one would change schools is when your parents had to move for an out of town opportunity for work. Now kids change teams like a NBA player.
I remember when the team I played for wasn't very good one year, so we got together and made a difference by playing all summer long. There was a guy (now coach-won't name him b/c i don't want to hijack the thread) who called everyone daily to tell them when and where we were meeting to play. Without his leadership, we would have stunk again. Back then, we didn't have summer leagues, tourneys, AAU, etc. We ended up going to the playoffs that year. My point is that instead of just working harder (these days), people look for the easy way out (and that is towards life choices in general, not just sports). This mentality will continue in their lives which will lead to a lack of loyalty for their job, team, family.  8)
[/quote]

Great post.

This coach may or may not be gone. At least he was developing some wins in the HF program. This is very important considering the amount of talent that has left HF over the last two years.
1. Colton Kimler-Nederland
2. Bryan Sturgess-Katy
3. Emmett Worsham-Austin (westlake or Travis?)
4. Cameron Williams-Vidor
5. Ky Walker-PNG
6. Brandon Shielder-Shelbyville
7. Brant Halfin-PNG
8. Jordan Hunter-Ozen
9. Jarred Hunter-Ozen
These are all multi-sport athletes and I think that all are basketball players. Will take good coaching to overcome this kind of loss.

Why are people bashing coach Neal? I played for him back in middle school and personally believe him to be the best coach I had throughout school. He may not scream until he's blue in the face like DeCello but I guarantee no player out there is going to disrespect him. I also know he's not going to play favorites. I watched the way he coached little dove last year and was shocked to see him sit him after a few turnovers and lack of production. This is incredibly rare on the eighth grade level. Then what happened? Little dove came back in the game and put on a show. I hope this is a long term solution. At least for the rest of the year. Don't count the horns out just because of a coaching change

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1141434" timestamp="1323270209"]
[quote author=forum link=topic=92671.msg1141428#msg1141428 date=1323269871]
[quote author=ForeverADog link=topic=92671.msg1141396#msg1141396 date=1323267962]
[/quote]
[/quote]Really? Tell that to those coaches who have been let go because of losing seasons. And if you have a coach at a high school and he's not instilling a overall winning attitude to his team, then maybe he/she should be re-evaluated.
[/quote]
And it's a shame that some decision makers make coaching decisions based solely on winning.
Winning attitude... attitude being the key word.

[quote name="HJ Dawg" post="1141442" timestamp="1323270728"]
[quote author=Riding Solo link=topic=92671.msg1141102#msg1141102 date=1323219559]
[/quote]
[/quote]You made some interesting points and I respect them. You mention several points that actually can lead into other threads, but I will make an attempt to stay on course within the subject matter:

#1:I have seen lots of Little Johnnies from the younger youth games, and I expected this to  happen. I had been away from the high school scene for many years. Seeing "lil johnnies" in high school blew me away. We weren't raised that way. You earn your spot on the team from practice and getting better. Not because your mom is a teacher or your dad is a big time booster. Decello and I still talked  :o ;) He didn't care who your parents were and he still got in your butt for making mistakes.
#2: [color=red]Parents have ALWAYS sent their kids to other schools for better opportunities;[/color] DeCello included. Do you think he took the HF job for more money? Oh Please! All h.s. coaches do not recruit, but I think the majority do in some form or fashion; indirectly and directly. [size=14pt]Surprise![/size][color=red] UIL wrote the transfer rule for athletic purposes way-yyy back in the 1930's[/color]. I'll let this roll around yall's brain a little bit longer before I continue.. Okay! Lets continue! DeCello (da Bobby Knight of basketball) took a team this season and molded them into winners in a very short period of time. He showed he could win with basically the same talent from last year, minus some "lil johnnies."  In my Dave Beck voice, "Do you really want to know why so many kids in all the sports change schools?" The internet, Face Book, bloggers, etc. In other words, kids changing schools is nothing new but our news sources are now able to track every little bit of transfer action even from small towns such as Silsbee to Kountze & Kountze  to Silsbee  :)

#3: Kids still get together and play during the summer. Surely you won't knock a kid who've been selected to play on a top baseball team to miss out playing against some of the best baseball players in the country, would you? If so, we might as well get rid of the Olympics and Pan American Games.

#4: There are kids who work harder. Thats why they are picked to play against the best. There is no easy way out in anything if you want to be the best.

DeCello put in a lot of time leaving the gym open for the players to come and workout. He would tell me how many would showed up on a regular basis. I'm surprised he didn't get in trouble for wasting gym electricity.  ;D

Amen Dove. What do you do about a kid who is willing to do the hard work but his buddies aren't? As far as the coaching situation goes, They don't come better than Keith Nield. Totally different coaching style from Decello. Keith will have to overcome the loss of several really good athletes if he stays.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder