Type of Bat allowed playing Nations and/or USSSA

Ok, I am new getting my son into the Select Baseball and looking at bats for him and I am sure this has already been answered in the past.  What types of bats can be used playing Nations and/or USSSA Composite or Alloy?  Also, I heard that it has to have a BPF 1.15...If it is a 2 3/4 no more than a -10Drop can that be used in Nations and USSSA? is there any other stamps needed on the bat?  which is better 2 5/8 or 2 3/4?  Can the bats be both used in USSSA and Nations?  Ok that is all for now but I am sure there are more questions.  Thanks

A bat is legal in USSSA if it has the USSSA stamp on it. That bat is legal in Nations as long as it is a -10 drop or heavier. If it is lighter than a -10 drop it cannot be a 1 piece composite, must be a 2 piece design like composite handle and alloy barrel. Just because a bat has a USSSA stamp that says BPF1.15 doesn't mean it's legal in Nations. TPX has a new bat out thats 100% composite with BPF1.15 and USSSA stamp, legal in USSSA, not Nations, very confusing. What age is your kid?

[quote name="VPATH" post="1133320" timestamp="1322451432"]
A bat is legal in USSSA if it has the USSSA stamp on it. That bat is legal in Nations as long as it is a -10 drop or heavier. If it is lighter than a -10 drop it cannot be a 1 piece composite, must be a 2 piece design like composite handle and alloy barrel. Just because a bat has a USSSA stamp that says BPF1.15 doesn't mean it's legal in Nations. TPX has a new bat out thats 100% composite with BPF1.15 and USSSA stamp, legal in USSSA, not Nations, very confusing. What age is your kid?
[/quote]

He is 7...he has swung a 27/17 2 5/8 no problem at all and he has swung a 29/19 2 5/8 he hit the ball good but it appeared to control him instead of him controlling it....So I was thinking a 28/18..

Hey JWB, the composite bat by TPX is called the Catalyst. It has a 5/8 barrel and is an -11 drop. Look on justbats.com under youth big barrel.

Trueblue, just got my 9 year old the Easton S3. It is this years Rival and he loves it. We were big fans of the Rival last year. I would stay away from the Omen. I knew about 6 kids that bought the big barrel Omen last year and they were all junk. They all hated them. Also, if your son is 7, Easton has a new junior big barrel out that is a -10 drop and starts at 25 inches and goes up. Is made of the same material as the S3 and last years Rival. you may want to check that one out.

Yes the Combat 52 Caliber is legal in both Nations and USSSA. It has the USSSA stamp so it's good there and for Nations it is a 10 drop and is a 1 piece composite so it is legal. As long as it's a 10 drop or heavier it's legal in Nations and thats straight from a directors mouth. IF its lighter than a 10 drop has to be a 2 piece design. No solid composites, basically.
  As far as the TPX Omaha, the 10 drops are all legal in both organizations. Myself and several people I know have bought the Omahas that were made of the ST 20 alloy and they didnt have alot of pop to them. They are dependable but not very hot. If you're looking at an Omaha get the junior big barrel that is white and gold. It's a 2 3/4 barrel and it is made of 7050 alloy. That alloy seems to be a little better. Hope all this helps.   

[quote name="VPATH" post="1141626" timestamp="1323288607"]
I agree, all wood. Or, for heaven's sake, USSSA, Nations, Pony, Little League, etc. all need to sit down and come up with 1 set of bat rules. Right now, it's ALL about the $$$$$$.
[/quote]

That would be a great ideal, but then someone have to say whether or not Ash bats are allowed, vs Maple or Oak or Peacan, Pine or Mesquite.... Or maybe a sythetic wood bat is gonna be available.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder