how about a shoutout for the vidor coaches?

[quote name="vidor pirate" post="1123294" timestamp="1321688077"]
It seems to me that coaches get blamed a lot when things go wrong, but don't get very much credit when things go right, so I would like to give them a shoutout. Say what you will about our coaching staff, but you cannot argue with the fact that they had the boys ready to play tonight :)
[/quote]

AWESOME JOB!! Not only tonight but for the entire season.... with all that happened and they were able to keep these young men focused! Hands down the entire coaching staff should get 20-4A COACHES OF THE YEAR!

WOOO HOOO WTG PIRATES!!!!! WTG FANS!!! I WAS SIMPLY IN AWE OF THE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE FROM VIDOR AND THE GT THAT MADE THE TRIP!!!!! I know the boys enjoyed it!!! SAIL ON BLACK PEARL!!!

[quote name="vidor pirate" post="1123294" timestamp="1321688077"]
It seems to me that coaches get blamed a lot when things go wrong, but don't get very much credit when things go right, so I would like to give them a shoutout. Say what you will about our coaching staff, but you cannot argue with the fact that they had the boys ready to play tonight :)
[/quote]
Great Post...The Pirates were definately prepared!!! Great game!!!!!!

Jeff Mathews and his staff should be 20-4A coaches of the year, not because of their preparedness for the games or their game plan but how they brought these kids through all the adversity. I mean, how much can a bunch of teenagers endure and stay focused through the season??? I'm sure they won't have any problems come awards time except where to hold the banquet.

[quote name="robanadana" post="1123315" timestamp="1321689637"]
Jeff Mathews and his staff should be 20-4A coaches of the year, not because of their preparedness for the games or their game plan but how they brought these kids through all the adversity. I mean, how much can a bunch of teenagers endure and stay focused through the season??? I'm sure they won't have any problems come awards time except where to hold the banquet.
[/quote]
hopefully in jerryworld after we strap on that championship betl! :)

Guest blackflag
I could not say enough good things about this coaching staff . I would like to commend each coach for his role in these young mens lives because you have taught them to believe in themselves . Thats Awesome ! My hat goes off to Jeff Mathews and his entire staff . I have waited 30 years to see what I am witnessing and it feels great . Confidence is brewing in Pirate country and this would not be possible without these coaches

[quote name="robanadana" post="1123315" timestamp="1321689637"]
[/quote]
I AGREE!!!!

[quote name="Sleepy1" post="1123591" timestamp="1321721654"]
I love the enthusiasm with which they coach and the way they prepare these boys week after week. However, what I'm most impressed with is how they keep  the players emotions in check, the respect they demand, and the discipline they have instilled.
[/quote]

These are all characteristics of a Jeff Mathews team.  Integrity starts with him and he expects it from his coaches and players.  Both on and off the field.

And to think that on this very board, more than a few folks were calling for a new coach in Vidor a couple of years ago....... :o.
Jeff Matthews is a quality AD, coach, and most importantly a quality man.  He loves his players and is very complimentary to players on opposing teams.  Congrats Jeff and all the super coaches he has hired for his staff!! 8) Keep it going Pirates!!  Orange County and 20-AAAA is supporting you all the way!!

[quote name="swampdude" post="1124438" timestamp="1321739871"]
And to think that on this very board, more than a few folks were calling for a new coach in Vidor a couple of years ago....... :o.
Jeff Matthews is a quality AD, coach, and most importantly a quality man.  He loves his players and is very complimentary to players on opposing teams.  Congrats Jeff and all the super coaches he has hired for his staff!! 8) Keep it going Pirates!!  Orange County and 20-AAAA is supporting you all the way!!
[/quote]

Yea, it's a shame some of the things the coaching staff endures from fairweather fans. I watched Jeff start building the Vidor athletics programs starting with football of course, but some of the other coaches he has hired. Let's not forget that Jeff started Brian English's career as a head coach, he has an outstanding baseball coach in Kyle Green, we have quite a few state champion powerlifters (Bolinger) because of Coach Burks, etc. etc. etc. A lot of Vidorians knowledge of sports is limited to what channel ESPN is on. Jeff and his staff are our treasure and we need to do everything possible to keep them happy here in Pirateland.....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder