VIDOR VS. MONTGOMERY BROADCAST/Vidor wins 42-35!!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Wildcat979" post="1123416" timestamp="1321712067"]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=91772.msg1123283#msg1123283 date=1321687319]
How many Pirate fans were at this game? 8000+? I don't care who the home team is on paper against Angleton because we will be. This is a total community effort and you know it has to affect those kids on the field.
[/quote]

Guess you never been to a Angleton playoff game. Last week when we played at Robertson there was 11k there just on the Angleton side and even last night there was no room on the Angleton side. But I can guarantee that there will not be a empty seat at GPISD. [b]When Angleton played Central[/b] there in '08 they had the place full within 20 minutes after they opened the gates.
[/quote]
Everytime I hear Central/ Angleton I cringe. Reminds me of 1989 Area round in Pasadena when we were both 5a. We were winning on penatrations with 2min left and had a punt blocked in our own endzone and lost 6-0. Cried like a baby! The memories all these boys are making and don't even realize it yet. This Vidor run is something special! Will last a lifetime for this group of young men! Cherish every moment!

[quote name="BentlyBear" post="1121911" timestamp="1321634583"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=91772.msg1121902#msg1121902 date=1321633992]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=91772.msg1121893#msg1121893 date=1321633554]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=91772.msg1121884#msg1121884 date=1321632537]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=91772.msg1121882#msg1121882 date=1321632447]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=91772.msg1121866#msg1121866 date=1321631554]
R we still gonna see ya @ da show next week Justin if there happened to be a combo sweep 20-4a 19-4a,just askin ;D
[/quote]

Good luck with that!    ::) Really don't see that happening, but if it does, I'll treat it like any other day. (Have to make sure I can get off) If we sweep y'all, their might not be a show....
:-\
[/quote]
In all honestly BrenhamFan i think 19-4A had a better chance at a sweep than yall do. All yall got is Brenham and Mont and after tonight you'll only have Brenham.  8)
[/quote]

SMH....  I really hope your not serious.  Our 2nd, 3rd and 4th place teams all finished 5-2 in district.  The top half of 17-4A is good, even of you don't believe me.
[/quote]
And the second and third teams of 20-4A finished 5-2 in district. I think you have some pretty good teams in Stratford and MW but top 4 to top 4 we are a better district. And you will see that this weekend. Yes i know i'm looking to eat a lotta crow if i'm wrong but so are you if i'm right.  8)
[/quote]

Your kidding ,  right ? Vidor wouldnt stand chance in our district . I bet they would finish last or maybe at best , next to last . You'll see tonight . make sure that you save some room for that crow . Theres gonna be alot of it.

NA NA NA NA NA NA HEY HEY HEY GOODBYE
[/quote]

How's that crow tastin' this morning??? Good luck Bears in basketball!!

[quote name="Pirate88" post="1123496" timestamp="1321717040"]
[quote author=BentlyBear link=topic=91772.msg1121911#msg1121911 date=1321634583]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=91772.msg1121902#msg1121902 date=1321633992]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=91772.msg1121893#msg1121893 date=1321633554]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=91772.msg1121884#msg1121884 date=1321632537]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=91772.msg1121882#msg1121882 date=1321632447]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=91772.msg1121866#msg1121866 date=1321631554]
R we still gonna see ya @ da show next week Justin if there happened to be a combo sweep 20-4a 19-4a,just askin ;D
[/quote]

Good luck with that!    ::) Really don't see that happening, but if it does, I'll treat it like any other day. (Have to make sure I can get off) If we sweep y'all, their might not be a show....
:-\
[/quote]
In all honestly BrenhamFan i think 19-4A had a better chance at a sweep than yall do. All yall got is Brenham and Mont and after tonight you'll only have Brenham.  8)
[/quote]

SMH....  I really hope your not serious.  Our 2nd, 3rd and 4th place teams all finished 5-2 in district.  The top half of 17-4A is good, even of you don't believe me.
[/quote]
And the second and third teams of 20-4A finished 5-2 in district. I think you have some pretty good teams in Stratford and MW but top 4 to top 4 we are a better district. And you will see that this weekend. Yes i know i'm looking to eat a lotta crow if i'm wrong but so are you if i'm right.  8)
[/quote]

Your kidding ,  right ? Vidor wouldnt stand chance in our district . I bet they would finish last or maybe at best , next to last . You'll see tonight . make sure that you save some room for that crow . Theres gonna be alot of it.

NA NA NA NA NA NA HEY HEY HEY GOODBYE
[/quote]

How's that crow tastin' this morning??? Good luck Bears in basketball!!
[/quote]

Maybe they should've played 20-4As JV teams first....stay east of the Trinity 17-4A....

We debriefed after the game yesterday, and everyone of our kids, said that the Vidors boys were very cool and respectful, throughout the game, had nothing but respect for them. There are a lot of teams that don't show that after a game, more than we'd really like to see. That shows just how great those kids really are. Because in an era of an outbreak of total disrespect for your nation, your family and your fellow man. Those kids were able to stand above all of that. Vidor Pirates you boys are a class act. My boys came home hating the loss, but knew they had been beaten by the better team that Friday night.

To quote "Dad they came to play, they played hard, but they weren't cheap about it. They confused us at first with that wheel route, and when we finally adjusted, they came right at us with their bread and butter and challenged us to stop it. By the time we got to firing on all cylinders, we ran out of time. As bad as it hurt, I felt good knowing I lost to a good team, that had as much respect for us as we had for them, it left me feeling kinda good, even though I felt bad."

After hearing that from my boys, I had a sense of pride in our system, and a sense of pride their are more out their like them. Because there is one thing we push in my household, and that's respect, without that, we have nothing. And the Montgomery program pushes that as well. If you noticed if one of our boys was called for a personal foul, involving unsportsman like conduct, he is immediately bench for that series. It a penalty that we just don't stand for. Coach Bolfing even benched his son, the starting QB last year in the playoffs for a series, because Tyler made a bone headed move and drew a flag for it. It's just not acceptable play in our book.

Once again Good Luck Vidor, we're definately a fan.....

Well Mark after reading your last posts, I have grown to like and respect you.  After reading your first few post, I was begining not to like you so well, kinda arrogant and self centered.  My mind has been changed.  Both teams played hard till the end, left it all on the field.  Good Luck to Montgomery

[quote name="Mark F Barnes" post="1125493" timestamp="1321812018"]
We debriefed after the game yesterday, and everyone of our kids, said that the Vidors boys were very cool and respectful, throughout the game, had nothing but respect for them. There are a lot of teams that don't show that after a game, more than we'd really like to see. That shows just how great those kids really are. Because in an era of an outbreak of total disrespect for your nation, your family and your fellow man. Those kids were able to stand above all of that. Vidor Pirates you boys are a class act. My boys came home hating the loss, but knew they had been beaten by the better team that Friday night.

To quote "Dad they came to play, they played hard, but they weren't cheap about it. They confused us at first with that wheel route, and when we finally adjusted, they came right at us with their bread and butter and challenged us to stop it. By the time we got to firing on all cylinders, we ran out of time. As bad as it hurt, I felt good knowing I lost to a good team, that had as much respect for us as we had for them, it left me feeling kinda good, even though I felt bad."

After hearing that from my boys, I had a sense of pride in our system, and a sense of pride their are more out their like them. Because there is one thing we push in my household, and that's respect, without that, we have nothing. And the Montgomery program pushes that as well. If you noticed if one of our boys was called for a personal foul, involving unsportsman like conduct, he is immediately bench for that series. It a penalty that we just don't stand for. Coach Bolfing even benched his son, the starting QB last year in the playoffs for a series, because Tyler made a bone headed move and drew a flag for it. It's just not acceptable play in our book.

[/quote]Very good post Mark...Our passing early caught your defense by surprise for sure..I was truly worried about this game because the Bear defense is a little undersized but very quick..These types have given us trouble before...They are quick and agile making it difficult to cut block which is what we like to do..Your recievers were the best group I have seen us play.

[/quote]

Kudos and +1 Mark.... I do believe #12 is a SUPERB Athlete... i was sitting on about the 42 yd line on field house side of 50 and watched as the cramp in his lower left leg popped up and then he hobbled around working it out... it was the size of a small turtle shell... the most impressing part was when he didn't wave to sideline to be pulled but that he stayed in game and still ran his routes... me and Brenhamfan watched as this young man fought the rest of the night and ran some great routes and even caught a few passes.... AWESOME player!  #4 is also a beast very agile and fast I wish all the Sr's of Montgomery success in their life after football! Great team! Hats off to each and every one of them!

[/quote]

Great Post. Sounds like two great teams.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1123200" timestamp="1321680851"]
[quote author=pirate68 link=topic=91772.msg1123196#msg1123196 date=1321680701]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=91772.msg1123186#msg1123186 date=1321680246]
HS football is a game of emotions.What looked to be an outright rout by Vidor wound up being a 1 score differance caused by on side kicks,etc,etc but you don't have to explain a Victory.I'm so proud of Vidor's never quit team and their fans r awesome not just this year but in 09 when we played them last.I picked Vidor in da pic-ems on HEART,they didn't let me down 8)
[/quote]Keep hanging with us liltex...I am starting to think your good luck.
[/quote]

It was the green shoes!  Last week I sat on Dayton's side with them and they won too.
[/quote]

Well we better see your green shoes on our side in Galena Park Friday!!! LOL  ;)

Thanks Mark! Great Post! I believe we saw two very well coached football teams hit the field and it was extremely enjoyable. Angleton will have to really show me something to prove they're a better team than you are; you're the best team we faced this year, IMO. Jeff Mathews demands respect and discipline of his players as well and our kids adore him. Many of the teams we face (Bmt Central and Ozen) meet with us after the game in the middle of the field for a team prayer. It was the idea of Jeff and Donald Stowers, Central previous coach, to do this and the kids love it. Perhaps now you guys will put us on the schedule for a pre-district series next year. We have problem getting teams to play us pre-season; you know, that stupid stigma thing from 50 years ago.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Raza012
    Newest Member
    Raza012