Top 5 Under the Radar QB's- Houston Chronicle

Guest UHCoog14

Guest UHCoog14
http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/article/Five-QBs-may-spring-from-shadows-in-high-school-2273560.php

Top 5 under-the-radar QBs

Many teams' playoff fates are in the hands of their quarterbacks. But for five teams, advancing to the next round depends on these semi-secret weapons:

1. Preston Townley, Huffman

The junior's stats are impressive, completing 198 of 329 passes for 2,547 yards and 29 touchdowns, and come Friday he will try to lead the Falcons past Navasota at Woodforest Stadium.

2. Jake Blakeledge, Clear Springs

When the Chargers face Port Arthur Memorial on Saturday at Stallworth Stadium, Blakeledge, who has started the last eight games for Clear Springs, will try to add to his totals of 2,526 passing yards and 36 TDs.

3. Troy Mitchell, Cypress falls

The senior has completed 143 of 216 passes for 2,371 yards. He has thrown for 29 touchdowns and rushed for 515 yards and nine scores. The Eagles face Lamar on Friday at Tully Stadium.

4. Andres Herrera, Dayton

The senior has a tough challenge this weekend as he tries to lead the Broncos past Magnolia West on Saturday at Galena Park ISD Stadium. But he has a lot of experience in the playoffs and this year alone has 2,430 passing yards, 448 rushing yards and 27 total touchdowns.

5. Lance Miles, The Woodlands

When the Highlanders face Round Rock Westwood on Saturday at Waco ISD Stadium, they will rely on Miles, who has 2,122 passing yards and 24 TDs. Last week in a bi-district victory over Klein Collins, he threw for 318 yards and four touchdowns.

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="octfeb" post="1121112" timestamp="1321556543"]
[quote author=EAGLE07 link=topic=91748.msg1121092#msg1121092 date=1321555439]
Atta boy, Preston !
Great job for the Huffman Falcons.
[/quote] Wasn't he the QB for BH
[/quote]

"QB in waiting". Moved when Gage changed the offense.

I agree with everybody on the list but Herrera for a few reasons. I am not hating on him, he does remind me a little of the "old Michael Vick", but his offensive line gives him plenty of time to throw the ball or take off running, if they are not rushed. If he is rushed then he collapses. He does have good arm strength, but to me in my personal opinion he does not do well outside the pocket. Again I am not hating on him. He is a good athlete, again I am not hating.

[quote name="latinladym" post="1121124" timestamp="1321557087"]
I agree with everybody on the list but Herrera for a few reasons. I am not hating on him, he does remind me a little of the "old Michael Vick", but his offensive line gives him plenty of time to throw the ball or take off running, if they are not rushed. If he is rushed then he collapses. He does have good arm strength, but to me in my personal opinion he does not do well outside the pocket. Again I am not hating on him. He is a good athlete, again I am not hating.
[/quote]

Why you hatin??? Lol.

[/quote]

so, he's not good throwing on the run? or he's not good at buying time? both? Just trying to understand.

[/quote]

If you'd have read the title of the article then you might rescend your response....Top 5 QB's [color=green][i][b]Under the Radar[/b][/i][/color]!!!!

Now if the article would have been titled Top 5 QB's in the Greater Houston Area, then yes that's a stretch.  But he succeed's in the offense that he has been given and has adapted to it very well.  He's not the fastest or biggest guy on the field but he runs the offense very well.  He's really quick and shifty which makes him hard to tackle in the open field.  What makes him the most dangerous is his years of experience running the Dayton offense.  AH does very well with what he has and makes the most of it.  Now go flick your boogers somewhere else latin lover.

[quote name="diego cruz" post="1121170" timestamp="1321561179"]
dayton qb seemed to have a strong arm the game i saw vs. png
[/quote] Yeah he does have a good arm.. And pretty accurate too.

I did read the article and again I am not taking anything away from the Herrera or the Dayton offense. But when he is rushed he doesn't make good decisions with the ball. The game against PN-G he had all freaking day to throw and yes the defense wasn't putting enough pressure on him. But when they did he did not make his completions. He is a good athlete and does have a good arm, I was not disputing that.  Again, when he is not pressured he has all day to choose where  he wants to throw the ball and make an accurate throw which he does at least 80% of the time.  And when he decides to run, he gets big runs, so again he has some skills.  Once again, I am not hating but if you Dayton fans can't take criticism.....oh well!!!!!!! 8) 8) 8)

[quote name="latinladym" post="1121395" timestamp="1321578683"]
I did read the article and again I am not taking anything away from the Herrera or the Dayton offense. But when he is rushed he doesn't make good decisions with the ball. The game against PN-G he had all freaking day to throw and yes the defense wasn't putting enough pressure on him. But when they did he did not make his completions. He is a good athlete and does have a good arm, I was not disputing that.  Again, when he is not pressured he has all day to choose where  he wants to throw the ball and make an accurate throw which he does at least 80% of the time.  And when he decides to run, he gets big runs, so again he has some skills.  Once again, I am not hating but if you Dayton fans can't take criticism.....oh well!!!!!!! 8) 8) 8)
[/quote]

I just wanted clarification on the out of the pocket part. thanks for giving that. You're entitled to your opinion.  ;)

True dat but the Bmt/Orange area newspapers never put anything sports related this direction either.As a matter of fact they shunned Dayton when we were in that dist 06-07.The Surprize did a huge article on dist teams w/pictures of coaches,players,cheer,band.Every single team except Dayton who's considered out of the coverage area.No pun intended but in my old arse Bob Dylan song voice"How does it feeeeeel,how does it feeeeeel,to be own your ownnnn,with no direction oorrrr ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83