Humble?

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1112732" timestamp="1321034368"]
I can sum it up in two words-

Summer Creek
[/quote]

I think your right, Summer Creek took alot of athletes from Humble when they opened. Summer Creek might be a sleeper team this year. 9-1 with only lose to Willis. Keep an eye on them if they beat Magnolia West 1st round.

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="1112827" timestamp="1321039547"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=91304.msg1112732#msg1112732 date=1321034368]
I can sum it up in two words-

Summer Creek
[/quote]

I think your right, Summer Creek took alot of athletes from Humble when they opened. Summer Creek might be a sleeper team this year. 9-1 with only lose to Willis. Keep an eye on them if they beat Magnolia West 1st round.
[/quote]

Should be good game between these 2.

lol... i haven't gone anywhere. 

I still believe Humble is a force to be reckoned with, but we had some unfortunate things occur this year.  a giant storm of crap flew our way, and the end result is a losing season.

1. Summer Creek has players that are zoned to Humble but play for them due to a state law that says if a school gets on the peg list (title 1), they can transfer to another school of their choice.    Well, given that our former Head coach Walt Beasley (He has retired as of last week) was not well liked.  Many saw it as an opportunity to play for Coach Ford, a coach with a resume of success. 

2. We sustained some heavy loses on defense early in the season.  D1 prospect Kyndhal Hill decided to quit football and focus on Basketball, and his replacement DE Daunte Doucette (a D1 athlete as well), was no longer on the team as of game 4.  We sustained several injuries, that ate away at our depth.

3. Our offense was a turn-over machine, we routinely lost the turnover battle by at least 5-6 turnovers-  This falls on coaches, plain and simple.

We were competitive defensively until Huntsville, when we lost a 13-6 battle against a team that had no business hanging with us.  We had 6 turnovers, and they scored twice off of them...one inside our own 20.  One on a pick-6.

We showed up against Willis, and had them beat with 7 minutes in the 4th quarter...But alas, We threw 5 INT's that game...and they edged us out 17-14.

The coaches lost the kids confidence, and the rest is history.

a new coaching staff is coming in, and the Sophomore and Freshman classes are strong.  we will be back.

Atascocita is also going to be redrawing the lines apparently, so this my be our last stint in 4a.  We registered just under 1500 for the snap shot i believe.  Thats a mighty huge blow for a school that had 5,000 in 2005.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder