The Golden Triangle = The Best Fans in Texas.

I was really disappointed to see Livingston's football team show up last Friday to play what essentially was a playoff game for them and only have 100 fans in the stands. David Henry had a good article in Sunday's Enterprise about the PNG-Nederland-Vidor fan base that packs the stands regardless of their team's record. I can only speak for the Pirates but I've seen us go 1 - 9 and still put 5000 on the Vidor side of the field. That's loyalty. I expect to see some pretty big crowds starting Thursday night @ Lamar and continuing through the weekend. GO PIRATES, DOGS, INDIANS and PANTHERS!!! Crush 19-4A!!!

Well I was all into your post until i seen the CRUSH 19-4A  :o I think 19-4A gonna at least be 3-1 after Saturday... Now as for fans? I find very sad when fans can't seem to come out and support the team when they are having a down season... I support my Broncos... Cause I ALWAYS BELIEVE in them... Good luck to all the teams..  :D

I know this shouldn't matter but the first two weeks of November are always booked for deer season.  This shouldn't be a big surprise to anyone living in east Texas.  The crowds are always down regardless if its a meaningful game or not.  The deeper the team goes in the playoffs the larger the crowd.  Unless you're the PNG fan base in which, well, they show up in masses to watch their team get ousted in the first round.......hey, what'd you do Saturday night?  Ah, I went to the Butch and watched them Indians get totally humiliated by a far more superior football team from 19-4A.

[quote name="7mary3" post="1108970" timestamp="1320772780"]
I know this shouldn't matter but the first two weeks of November are always booked for deer season.  This shouldn't be a big surprise to anyone living in east Texas.  The crowds are always down regardless if its a meaningful game or not.  The deeper the team goes in the playoffs the larger the crowd.  Unless you're the PNG fan base in which, well, they show up in masses to watch their team get ousted in the first round.......[b]hey, what'd you do Saturday night?  Ah, I went to the Butch and watched them Indians get totally humiliated by a far more superior football team from 19-4A.[/b]
[/quote] LOL... :)

[quote name="octfeb" post="1108783" timestamp="1320761003"]
Well I was all into your post until i seen the CRUSH 19-4A  :o I think 19-4A gonna at least be 3-1 after Saturday... Now as for fans? I find very sad when fans can't seem to come out and support the team when they are having a down season... I support my Broncos... Cause I ALWAYS BELIEVE in them... Good luck to all the teams..  :D
[/quote]

I believe it's deer season over here in Orange and Jefferson counties as well. Vidor puts 3000 - 5000 fans in the stands regardless of where the game is played. To me there are few excuses for not supporting a team as good as Livingston no matter where they play. You have to think the kids were looking in the stands and not seeing anyone there to cheer them on and everyone knows as well as I do that it means A LOT to those boys. If your child is playing football and you choose a deer stand over that you deserve how he may turn out.....

Not only do we have great fan support in SE Texas, but we have knowledgable fans as well.  When in the stands, you can hold a REAL football x's and o's conversation with just about any of your neighbors (sometimes even women and children).  Football is just king here.  I've sat with oposing fans of other teams and have never been given a hard time.  everyone is there to watch good football.  It's amazing that something as simple as football can bring us as fans who come from different areas together for the common cause. 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1108992" timestamp="1320773923"]
Not only do we have great fan support in SE Texas, but we have knowledgable fans as well.  When in the stands, you can hold a REAL football x's and o's conversation with just about any of your neighbors (sometimes even women and children).  Football is just king here.  I've sat with oposing fans of other teams and have never been given a hard time.  everyone is there to watch good football.  It's amazing that something as simple as football can bring us as fans who come from different areas together for the common cause.
[/quote]

I agree.  Every week our family cheers our boys on and sometimes my kids cheer louder than anybody around! LOL (thank god we have always had season tickets and sit by the same ppl all year!) Needless to say, setexas has the best fan base around!!! I will say too that Livingston fans have never been the type (no matter how good the are doing) to travel with their boys. The only ones that tend to travel with them are the parents/families of the kids playing. Whereas Vidor, PNG, Nederland, etc have the whole town that shows up.

[quote name="robanadana" post="1108734" timestamp="1320757330"]
I was really disappointed to see Livingston's football team show up last Friday to play what essentially was a playoff game for them and only have 100 fans in the stands. David Henry had a good article in Sunday's Enterprise about the PNG-Nederland-Vidor fan base that packs the stands regardless of their team's record. I can only speak for the Pirates but I've seen us go 1 - 9 and still put 5000 on the Vidor side of the field. That's loyalty. I expect to see some pretty big crowds starting Thursday night @ Lamar and continuing through the weekend. GO PIRATES, DOGS, INDIANS and PANTHERS!!! Crush 19-4A!!!
[/quote]

You should have saved this topic for next week, so 20-4A would have something to talk about.

Vidors thursday game will have Nederland and PNG fans there to watch and support. I know after the Nederland pep rally thurday there are going to be alot of fans heading to Lamar to catch the second half of the game. Friday night will bring alot of the same crowd for Nederlands game and Saturday PNG's side will have both Nederland and Vidor fans. We have a rich tradition of following local teams into play offs. I say thank you to all the devoted fans who go out and support these young men. For the players who may be reading this post THANK YOU for giving us all a wonderful season. Most of all before each game lets all ask for the protection of all involved. And let us not forget the silent prayer for the men and women in the armed forces who are protecting our country and our freedom so those of us at home can enjoy HS Football.

[quote name="bronco1" post="1109002" timestamp="1320774688"]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=91139.msg1108734#msg1108734 date=1320757330]
[/quote]

You should have saved this topic for next week, so 20-4A would have something to talk about.
[/quote]

They'll be plenty to talk about after PNG scalps ya'lls little ponies by 14. Dayton who?

[quote name="Cap Rock Brewing Co." post="1109422" timestamp="1320796173"]
I wonder if this big following will carry over into the basketball gyms next week in the Golden Triangle?
[/quote]

Nah, we tend to focus on football while we're still in the playoffs. Dayton and other 19-4A fans may show up though, if they're not too busy joining us in the stands to cheer PN-G on. ;) ;D

I'm probably a bigger basketball fan than football fan and in my opinion, the crowds have gotten larger in 20-4A. Again, only speaking for the Pirates, I've seen us go from 10s of people to 100s in the last decade. If we have anywhere near a winning record, you can count on us packing the gym. Also, I've seen the fan base of other schools not known for basketball such as PNG really start putting them in the stands. Basketball is alive and well in SE Texas.

[quote name="robanadana" post="1109574" timestamp="1320804522"]
I'm probably a bigger basketball fan than football fan and in my opinion, the crowds have gotten larger in 20-4A. Again, only speaking for the Pirates, I've seen us go from 10s of people to 100s in the last decade. If we have anywhere near a winning record, you can count on us packing the gym. Also, I've seen the fan base of other schools not known for basketball such as PNG really start putting them in the stands. Basketball is alive and well in SE Texas.
[/quote]

One of my favorite stories from high school was PN-G packing the stands at our first basketball playoff game in 22 years and breaking out into Cherokee in the middle of the game. We lost a close one to Crosby, but that had to be a sight to see. I just wish I could have been there.

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1109579" timestamp="1320804633"]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=91139.msg1109574#msg1109574 date=1320804522]
[/quote]

One of my favorite stories from high school was PN-G packing the stands at our first basketball playoff game in 22 years and breaking out into Cherokee in the middle of the game. We lost a close one to Crosby, but that had to be a sight to see. I just wish I could have been there.
[/quote]

To quote "Hoosiers"..."I hate playing ya'll in that PURGATORY you call a gym."

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder