Vidor crow eating thread!!

[quote name="daddy23" post="1098496" timestamp="1319861784"]
I will give credit to the PNG team tonight.  They outplayed our Pirate team. 

But the above posts really help explain all the PNG hate in Southeast Texas.

But laugh it up.....Ya'll get the win tonight!
[/quote]

Funny...Vidor displays a run through sign saying our boys aren't "real men" because their coach doesnt believe in it and they do what they are told, but we are the bad guys for making funny comments?? Hate to say it but ...looks like our "girls" took it to your "real men" tonight.

I really wouldnt call it PNG Hate...more like PNG Jealousy

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="KHS 89" post="1098477" timestamp="1319861386"]
I won't even comment on or ask anyone from Vidor to explain their, "REAL men take knees" sign.
  >:(

OH..... and I'm pretty sure you guys weren't resting any of your starters..... Correct??
[/quote]D

That sign was tacky and did nothing but make Vidor look bad. I can only hope that the PNG cheer sponsor and administration has more class than to ever let our girls hang a sign like that! And as someone else said before I hope they enjoyed watching us "take a knee" tonight!

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="longhornmiked" post="1098509" timestamp="1319862033"]
[quote author=daddy23 link=topic=90612.msg1098496#msg1098496 date=1319861784]
I will give credit to the PNG team tonight.  They outplayed our Pirate team. 

[b]But the above posts really help explain all the PNG hate in Southeast Texas.[/b]But laugh it up.....Ya'll get the win tonight!
[/quote]
most of these posts would not be here if not for mytwocents running his mouth all week.
[/quote]
Everyone know it doesn't matter weather i ran my mouth or not PNG would be here bragging about the win regardless.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1098607" timestamp="1319865386"]
Come on people take it easy on us. That was one sign that one person held up. The whole city of Vidor is not reflected by that sign.
[/quote]
Actually for you Vidor fans that didn't see it and most of you couldn't, but the Vidor Cheerleaders put up one of those signs across the railing on the track, that said Real Men Take A Knee.  ::)

Get REAL.

Everyone should brag on their team each and every week and even in your heart of hearts you don't think your team will win you still brag that they will.  Those boys left it all of the field tonight.  Good Luck to Vidor in the playoffs.  Way to go INDIANS for taking care of business and getting the W.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="badndn" post="1098620" timestamp="1319865857"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=90612.msg1098607#msg1098607 date=1319865386]
Come on people take it easy on us. That was one sign that one person held up. The whole city of Vidor is not reflected by that sign.
[/quote]
Actually for you Vidor fans that didn't see it and most of you couldn't, but the Vidor Cheerleaders put up one of those signs across the railing on the track, that said Real Men Take A Knee.  ::)

Get REAL.
[/quote]
Okay. Since when do the freaking cheerleaders speak for the town of vidor?

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1098624" timestamp="1319866179"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=90612.msg1098620#msg1098620 date=1319865857]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=90612.msg1098607#msg1098607 date=1319865386]
[/quote]

Get REAL.
[/quote]
[/quote]
I hear ya.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1098624" timestamp="1319866179"]
[/quote]

Get REAL.
[/quote]
[/quote]
Maybe they don't speak for the whole town but there is an adult that is employeed by the district that allowed it to be made and hung! I was a cheerleader and our sponsor would have NEVER allowed that to happen!

[quote name="ndn mom" post="1098633" timestamp="1319866559"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=90612.msg1098624#msg1098624 date=1319866179]
[/quote]

Get REAL.
[/quote]
[/quote]
Maybe they don't speak for the whole town but there is an adult that is employeed by the district that allowed it to be made and hung! I was a cheerleader and our sponsor would have NEVER allowed that to happen!
[/quote]
and???? It wasn't anything serious just a joke it isn't that big of a deal.

[quote name="BASEBALLFANS" post="1098725" timestamp="1319890610"]
Just so you folks know, that sign represents the Pirates taking a knee at the start of the game & the 3rd quarter when the boys run from the tunnel and take a knee @ the 28 yard line to let #28 Matt Thomas know that they are playing for him.
[/quote]

Thats what I thought it was for.  Nice tribute to Matt and his teammates.

ndn mom : "That sign was tacky and did nothing but make Vidor look bad. I can only hope that the PNG cheer sponsor and administration has more class than to ever let our girls hang a sign like that! And as someone else said before I hope they enjoyed watching us "take a knee" tonight!"

Wow. Some of you are a little hypersensitive. We took a knee last week for our departed Matt just as we did this week. It is our team's way of remembering and honoring him.

And who's tacky????

It was a good game last nite. Fans will be fans...I have had much respect for Vidor and will continue to do so. I feel Vidor has not been given much credit over the past few years. Best of luck going forward, Pirates.

PNG .....HONOR.....PRIDE.....TRADITION!  I support the Indians completely, whether winning or losing. Best of luck in the playoffs!

[quote name="KHS 89" post="1098477" timestamp="1319861386"]
I won't even comment on or ask anyone from Vidor to explain their, "REAL men take knees" sign.
  >:(

OH..... and I'm pretty sure you guys weren't resting any of your starters..... Correct??
[/quote]

Hey, even in the NFL they take knees when there are injuries.  Cowboys v. Rams is still on my DVR if you need proof. 

[quote name="badndn" post="1098620" timestamp="1319865857"]
[/quote]

Get REAL.
[/quote]

That is freaking awesome!  I used to have no respect for the cheerleaders, but now I have a little bit.

[quote name="NDNTime" post="1098557" timestamp="1319863616"]
There is pretty much nothing PNG can do to get the respect of the 'haters' out there.  Forget the fact that PNG wore a #28 on their helmets.  We just go out there, leave it all on the field, and walk away with a W.  I guess its time to just look out for ourselves.
[/quote]
You are absolutely correct.  There is nothing PNG can do to get the respect of the "haters" out there.  Rub it in threads such as this are not going to help the situation.  It's the PNG way, always will be.  There are some good people from PNG, but a few folks have ruined it over the years.

[quote name="purplepassion" post="1098687" timestamp="1319872467"]
Vidor sucks ! Always will  ;D
[/quote]
This is an excellent example of why some "haters" will never respect PNG.  This is just one person, but there are many more classless people like him out there.  It's the TRUTH.

[quote name="the TRUTH" post="1098795" timestamp="1319897487"]
[quote author=NDNTime link=topic=90612.msg1098557#msg1098557 date=1319863616]
There is pretty much nothing PNG can do to get the respect of the 'haters' out there.  Forget the fact that PNG wore a #28 on their helmets.  We just go out there, leave it all on the field, and walk away with a W.  I guess its time to just look out for ourselves.
[/quote]
You are absolutely correct.  There is nothing PNG can do to get the respect of the "haters" out there. [b][/b] Rub it in threads such as this are not going to help the situation[b][/b].  It's the PNG way, always will be.  There are some good people from PNG, but a few folks have ruined it over the years.[/quote]

Had PNG lost, this thread would be a 100 pages....people coming out of the wood works to call us out. We have a winning tradition and we are proud of our Team....With all the smack talk that went one before the game...this thread seems to be very lighthearted and lots of well wishes being given to Vidor.

[quote name="ndnsrock44" post="1098503" timestamp="1319861971"]
Bollinger is definitely still hurt. I take no joy in that and I don't begrudge mytwocents for being proud of his brother. Vidor showed a lot of heart tonight and scared the heck out of a lot of Indians at the end. We need to move on to Central next week AND we need to be Vidor's biggest fans next week. If they beat Livingston, we will be the #1 seed in  D2.
[/quote]

After last night I believe Vidor will beat Livingston

[quote name="the TRUTH" post="1098803" timestamp="1319897753"]
[quote author=purplepassion link=topic=90612.msg1098687#msg1098687 date=1319872467]
[/quote]
This is an excellent example of why some "haters" will never respect PNG.  This is just one person, but there are many more classless people like him out there.  It's the TRUTH.
[/quote]

I believe there is a certain fan on here of Vidors that the same could be said of!

[quote name="the TRUTH" post="1098803" timestamp="1319897753"]
[quote author=purplepassion link=topic=90612.msg1098687#msg1098687 date=1319872467]
[/quote]
[/quote]
The well wishers are the fine Pt. Neches folks.  I was referring to the others like this one.