Vidor crow eating thread!!

[quote name="NDNation" post="1098837" timestamp="1319899586"]
[quote author=the TRUTH link=topic=90612.msg1098803#msg1098803 date=1319897753]
[quote author=purplepassion link=topic=90612.msg1098687#msg1098687 date=1319872467]
Vidor sucks ! Always will  ;D
[/quote]
This is an excellent example of why some "haters" will never respect PNG.  This is just one person, but there are many more classless people like him out there.  It's the TRUTH.
[/quote]

I believe there is a certain fan on here of Vidors that the same could be said of!
[/quote]
Agreed.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed prepballfan.  My alma mater in El Paso were the Indians, and I understand traditions.  I understand supporting your team as well.  Most fans from area schools enjoy their sports and their teams, but some get ridiculous in how they portray themselves, and as a result, the team and town get blamed.  These are the same people wholikely start a bar fight and run out when things get difficult.  I appreciate passionate fans...but jerks are another matter.  I don't need to call any out...they will do that themselves.

[quote name="prepballfan" post="1098852" timestamp="1319900558"]
Ok purplepassion do yourself and this school a favor and remove that crap you put up there.
[/quote]

+1

[quote name="NDNation" post="1098769" timestamp="1319895434"]
I think we all know what that sign meant...and Vidor knew exactly how we we would interpret it....but its all good. Glad we had an injury free game....One of the best games I have seen this season!
[/quote]You can believe what you want to believe that is your right but our team and community lost a friend and a teammate last week and really still are not over that. The sign could have said real men pray, but someone probably would have said that was not right, but please stop thinking everything has to do with ya'll. I think that would not be allowed by Mathews or his wife who is the cheerleader sponsor. Maybe some some on here feel a little defensive for some reason. Hmmm 

Some people can not handle winning.  Look on here every season towards the end of the year when "their" team looks good the kookoos come out of the wood work. Most you'll never see unless your winning. Those people I take with a grain of salt as my old grandpa would tell me.

[quote name="prepballfan" post="1098893" timestamp="1319902780"]
Some people can not handle winning.  Look on here every season towards the end of the year when "their" team looks good the kookoos come out of the wood work. Most you'll never see unless your winning. Those people I take with a grain of salt as my old grandpa would tell me.
[/quote]

+1

[quote name="Sleepy1" post="1098759" timestamp="1319894853"]
ndn mom : "That sign was tacky and did nothing but make Vidor look bad. I can only hope that the PNG cheer sponsor and administration has more class than to ever let our girls hang a sign like that! And as someone else said before I hope they enjoyed watching us "take a knee" tonight!"

Wow. Some of you are a little hypersensitive. We took a knee last week for our departed Matt just as we did this week. It is our team's way of remembering and honoring him.

And who's tacky????
[/quote]

Oh ok, as long as you had a sign up last week that said the same thing then all is well.  ;) I actually defended Vidor earlier in the week when people made personal attacks and I still will because I know some very good people from Vidor. I am not saying that the whole town is bad because of one sign but it really says something about your cheerleaders and their leader. Just remember next time you want to put all PNG fans in the "classless" category that we all have some that fit the bill. Good luck to the Pirate boys in the playoffs!

[quote name="bb88" post="1098891" timestamp="1319902691"]
[quote author=NDNation link=topic=90612.msg1098769#msg1098769 date=1319895434]
I think we all know what that sign meant...and Vidor knew exactly how we we would interpret it....but its all good. Glad we had an injury free game....One of the best games I have seen this season!
[/quote]You can believe what you want to believe that is your right but our team and community lost a friend and a teammate last week and really still are not over that. The sign could have said real men pray, but someone probably would have said that was not right, but please stop thinking everything has to do with ya'll. I think that would not be allowed by Mathews or his wife who is the cheerleader sponsor. Maybe some some on here feel a little defensive for some reason. Hmmm 
[/quote]

I will admit the sign could have been worded differently, but it is what it is and if it helps any I will apologize for our community and cheerleaders and whomever else if this will be dropped.  Our kids are still mourning the loss of their brother and that is all it was meant for...again we are sorry it offended anyone and I am sure it will be reworded for next weeks game.  If anyone of you know Coach Matthews, he would not have allowed this sign to do harm to any oppossing team...he is not like that, nor is his wife who sponsors the cheerleaders.

[quote name="Lady Pirate" post="1098933" timestamp="1319905726"]
[quote author=bb88 link=topic=90612.msg1098891#msg1098891 date=1319902691]
[/quote]

I will admit the sign could have been worded differently, but it is what it is and if it helps any I will apologize for our community and cheerleaders and whomever else if this will be dropped.  Our kids are still mourning the loss of their brother and that is all it was meant for...again we are sorry it offended anyone and I am sure it will be reworded for next weeks game.  If anyone of you know Coach Matthews, he would not have allowed this sign to do harm to any oppossing team...he is not like that, nor is his wife who sponsors the cheerleaders.
[/quote] I for one think Matthews is a class act ! He has told my boy great job on plays that he made on his sideline this year and last. Good luck Vidor !

[quote name="pngdad-8-4-20" post="1098938" timestamp="1319906092"]
[quote author=Lady Pirate link=topic=90612.msg1098933#msg1098933 date=1319905726]
[quote author=bb88 link=topic=90612.msg1098891#msg1098891 date=1319902691]
[/quote]

[/quote] I for one think Matthews is a class act ! He has told my boy great job on plays that he made on his sideline this year and last. Good luck Vidor !
[/quote]
Thats because he's made alot of those plays the past two years against Vidor. Chase has really turned into a great player. One of the all time great PNG DB's!

everyone needs to get over the sign....its a takeoff of the Pirates signs and Oakland Raiders signs that say Real Men Wear Black....its to honor Matt and if you seriously think it meant anything else your wrong...those kids really need to be acknowledged for how they have handled this whole tragedy with class and respect....good luck to PNG and God Bless the Pirates

[quote name="NDNation" post="1098821" timestamp="1319898678"]
[quote author=the TRUTH link=topic=90612.msg1098795#msg1098795 date=1319897487]
[quote author=NDNTime link=topic=90612.msg1098557#msg1098557 date=1319863616]
There is pretty much nothing PNG can do to get the respect of the 'haters' out there.  Forget the fact that PNG wore a #28 on their helmets.  We just go out there, leave it all on the field, and walk away with a W.  I guess its time to just look out for ourselves.
[/quote]
You are absolutely correct.  There is nothing PNG can do to get the respect of the "haters" out there. [b][/b] Rub it in threads such as this are not going to help the situation[b][/b].  It's the PNG way, always will be.  There are some good people from PNG, but a few folks have ruined it over the years.[/quote]

Had PNG lost, this thread would be a 100 pages....people coming out of the wood works to call us out. We have a winning tradition and we are proud of our Team....With all the smack talk that went one before the game...this thread seems to be very lighthearted and lots of well wishes being given to Vidor.
[/quote]

Good point....tables turned it would have been just as worse...prolly worse

The coaches from PNG and Vidor have a very good relationship with each other. There are a lot of them that have coached together and they respect each other. Having said that, there is no way Mathews or his wife would have made a sign to disrespect Faircloth. If you noticed, the Vidor players all stopped and said a prayer on the 28 yard line when they came out before the game and after halftime. I even saw some of them after the  game kneeling and praying at the 28. Believe it or not, not everyone lives and dies by this message board. The people who made this sign probably had no idea of the posts on this  board.

[quote name="ndnsrock44" post="1099594" timestamp="1319943450"]
The coaches from PNG and Vidor have a very good relationship with each other. There are a lot of them that have coached together and they respect each other. Having said that, there is no way Mathews or his wife would have made a sign to disrespect Faircloth. If you noticed, the Vidor players all stopped and said a prayer on the 28 yard line when they came out before the game and after halftime. I even saw some of them after the  game kneeling and praying at the 28. Believe it or not, not everyone lives and dies by this message board. The people who made this sign probably had no idea of the posts on this  board.
[/quote]You are 100% correct....Neither of these Coaching staffs are going to tit for tat with one another over issues on this message board.

[/quote]

On the same note...our team also come out and run straight to kneel at the end of the field!

[/quote]

If the sign was symbolic of taking a knee at the 28 yard line, then why was the sign placed at the goalline at the opposite end of the field instead of at the 28? If it were at the 28, I might buy such explanation.

PN-G will always have haters for a number of reasons. Yes, we have posters and fans in general who take things way too far. Yes, we probably have more of them than anyone else. But with that said, we have more fans than everyone else. It follows that we have more of each type of fan since we have more fans altogether.

By the same token, fans of other teams that aren't exactly classy love to focus on PN-G more than any other school. Why? Everybody loves to pick on the big guy. PN-G has more name-recognition, more fans and more influence than any other school out there, as well as more success than most. There aren't many schools that can lay claim to the legacy PN-G has established and there are none that can claim the community support PN-G has, has had and will continue to have in the future. There's a reason we have the national record for fan attendance at a high school football game and there's a reason that PN-G is almost feared in almost every field of high school competition. Heck, there's a reason most fans of other teams know our fight song better than their own. Those rabid fans of other schools (not all fans of other schools) hate that fact more than anything else and they key in on that. Some will blow small, isolated incidents way out of proportion to make PN-G look bad, some will stretch things to try and blame PN-G for this, that and the other, and some will just spew unadulterated, nonsensical hatred. As far as I'm concerned, it just means we're doing something right and that we're still good ol' PN-G.

For those two reasons, you tend to get a more... colorful, for lack of a better word, exchange of posts and "trash talk" in threads relating to PN-G than in others.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1099788" timestamp="1319989949"]
PN-G will always have haters for a number of reasons. Yes, we have posters and fans in general who take things way too far. Yes, we probably have more of them than anyone else. But with that said, we have more fans than everyone else. It follows that we have more of each type of fan since we have more fans altogether.

By the same token, fans of other teams that aren't exactly classy love to focus on PN-G more than any other school. Why? Everybody loves to pick on the big guy. PN-G has more name-recognition, more fans and more influence than any other school out there, as well as more success than most. There aren't many schools that can lay claim to the legacy PN-G has established and there are none that can claim the community support PN-G has, has had and will continue to have in the future. There's a reason we have the national record for fan attendance at a high school football game and there's a reason that PN-G is almost feared in almost every field of high school competition. Heck, there's a reason most fans of other teams know our fight song better than their own. Those rabid fans of other schools (not all fans of other schools) hate that fact more than anything else and they key in on that. Some will blow small, isolated incidents way out of proportion to make PN-G look bad, some will stretch things to try and blame PN-G for this, that and the other, and some will just spew unadulterated, nonsensical hatred. As far as I'm concerned, it just means we're doing something right and that we're still good ol' PN-G.

For those two reasons, you tend to get a more... colorful, for lack of a better word, exchange of posts and "trash talk" in threads relating to PN-G than in others.
[/quote]
The ultimate version of self flattery. Come on Bamakid. When i was living in the FWD area I talked to a lot of people about football and when i could i mentioned high school football and more people mentioned the likes of Dayton and Vidor then they did PNG. Just stating my opinion.  8)

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1099796" timestamp="1319990505"]
The ultimate version of self flattery. Come on Bamakid. When i was living in the FWD area I talked to a lot of people about football and when i could i mentioned high school football and more people mentioned the likes of Dayton and Vidor then they did PNG. Just stating my opinion.  8)
[/quote]

Bud, I've been in New York City, Washington, DC, Alabama, and Florida while wearing PN-G attire and have had it recognized, to say nothing of how many times it's been recognized all over Texas and Louisiana. When we were at the Alamodome, we brought so many fans that we had businesses advocating dying the river purple and having a pep rally. I've had people ask me where I'm from and they almost automatically start talking about Cherokee, the band or the football team in all parts of Texas. I've walked into UIL meets and heard sponsors - not kids - say something to the tune of "Oh, sh*t, PN-G's here. We know who's going to win now." Sorry, but Vidor and Dayton just don't have that.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1099796" timestamp="1319990505"]
The ultimate version of self flattery. Come on Bamakid. When i was living in the FWD area I talked to a lot of people about football and when i could i mentioned high school football and more people mentioned the likes of Dayton and Vidor then they did PNG. Just stating my opinion.  [/quote]

I lived in the DFW area also and when the city of Vidor was mentioned up there it had nothing to do with Sports unfortunately. Lived in Grapevine and worked in Southlake. The good folks at the old "Dragons Den" knew all about PNG football. And go to Plano and ask folks about PNG. We stayed in Plano durring Ike and when we went out wearing PNG shirts we had several people stop and talk about HS football.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1099801" timestamp="1319990865"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=90612.msg1099796#msg1099796 date=1319990505]
[/quote]

Bud, I've been in New York City, Washington, DC, Alabama, and Florida while wearing PN-G attire and have had it recognized, to say nothing of how many times it's been recognized all over Texas and Louisiana. When we were at the Alamodome, we brought so many fans that we had businesses advocating dying the river purple and having a pep rally. I've had people ask me where I'm from and they almost automatically start talking about Cherokee, the band or the football team in all parts of Texas. I've walked into UIL meets and heard sponsors - not kids - say something to the tune of "Oh, sh*t, PN-G's here. We know who's going to win now." Sorry, but Vidor and Dayton just don't have that.
[/quote]
Well maybe you mention it or maybe the people you ran into were different than the people i ran into but i can tell you that because of the navy i have been to chicago, new york, cali, nevada, virginia, florida, mississippi, and washington dc as well and the people i talked to about high school football never said one thing about PNG or the color purple or indians.  Yes you set the record at the Alamodome and that is amazing man but PNG is not the poster school for Texas High School Football like yall are making it sound.