Vidor crow eating thread!!

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1099805" timestamp="1319991839"]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=90612.msg1099801#msg1099801 date=1319990865]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=90612.msg1099796#msg1099796 date=1319990505]
The ultimate version of self flattery. Come on Bamakid. When i was living in the FWD area I talked to a lot of people about football and when i could i mentioned high school football and more people mentioned the likes of Dayton and Vidor then they did PNG. Just stating my opinion.  8)
[/quote]

Bud, I've been in New York City, Washington, DC, Alabama, and Florida while wearing PN-G attire and have had it recognized, to say nothing of how many times it's been recognized all over Texas and Louisiana. When we were at the Alamodome, we brought so many fans that we had businesses advocating dying the river purple and having a pep rally. I've had people ask me where I'm from and they almost automatically start talking about Cherokee, the band or the football team in all parts of Texas. I've walked into UIL meets and heard sponsors - not kids - say something to the tune of "Oh, sh*t, PN-G's here. We know who's going to win now." Sorry, but Vidor and Dayton just don't have that.
[/quote]
Well maybe you mention it or maybe the people you ran into were different than the people i ran into but i can tell you that because of the navy i have been to chicago, new york, cali, nevada, virginia, florida, mississippi, and washington dc as well and the people i talked to about high school football never said one thing about PNG or the color purple or indians.  Yes you set the record at the Alamodome and that is amazing man but PNG is not the poster school for Texas High School Football like yall are making it sound.
[/quote]

You're right. It's not the poster school. To most, the poster school is Odessa-Permian... despite PN-G bringing more fans to and beating them in the 1975 state championship.

Nonetheless, PN-G still on the forefront of Texas high schools. If you don't believe me, take a trip to Austin and tour the Bob Bullock museum.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No one said anything about poster boy scholl of Texas. Actually currently Euless Trinity, Katy and SLC are the poster boys. Just stated facts that people do recognize PNG as a brand. That makes us proud. We feel like we must be doing something right.

Vidor Pirate fans should be very happy about the direction of their Athletic programs. Great strides have been made the past five years in most sports. When your athletic programs are good, your student base takes more pride in all things scholastic, which is a great thing to be a part of.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="badndn" post="1099811" timestamp="1319992523"]
No one said anything about poster boy scholl of Texas. Actually currently Euless Trinity, Katy and SLC are the poster boys. Just stated facts that people do recognize PNG as a brand. That makes us proud. We feel like we must be doing something right.

Vidor Pirate fans should be very happy about the direction of their Athletic programs. Great strides have been made the past five years in most sports. When your athletic programs are good, your student base takes more pride in all things scholastic, which is a great thing to be a part of.
[/quote]
Thank you and by all mean i am not "dissing" or "dogging" the png fan base at all or there team. You will catch me rooting for PNG and any and all 20-4A teams in the playoffs cuz thats just who i am. I see yall as brothers. We may fight and argue but when it comes to someone besides family aka 19-4A only i can pick on my lil brother lol. I just don't think the PNG fan base is that big or recognizable but i may be wrong.

[quote name="NDNTime" post="1099781" timestamp="1319988957"]
[quote author=ndnsrock44 link=topic=90612.msg1099594#msg1099594 date=1319943450]
The coaches from PNG and Vidor have a very good relationship with each other. There are a lot of them that have coached together and they respect each other. Having said that, there is no way Mathews or his wife would have made a sign to disrespect Faircloth. If you noticed, the Vidor players all stopped and said a prayer on the 28 yard line when they came out before the game and after halftime. I even saw some of them after the  game kneeling and praying at the 28. Believe it or not, not everyone lives and dies by this message board. The people who made this sign probably had no idea of the posts on this  board.
[/quote]
If the sign was symbolic of taking a knee at the 28 yard line, then why was the sign placed at the goalline at the opposite end of the field instead of at the 28? If it were at the 28, I might buy such explanation.
[/quote]
Who cares? Its over. That is my point. People have explained Coach Faircloth's reasoning on this. If other teams fans don't like it, it really doesn't matter. I thought people from other schools were being ridiculous for making a big deal about...I think you and others are being ridiculous about throwing a fit about A SIGN. I am sure Coach Faircloth hasn't given any thought to it, if he even saw the sign. If Vidor fans say it was a tribute to Matt Thomas then why shouldn't we believe them? If they would lie about something like that, they have bigger problems than a sign

[quote name="ndnsrock44" post="1100210" timestamp="1320021171"]
[quote author=NDNTime link=topic=90612.msg1099781#msg1099781 date=1319988957]
[quote author=ndnsrock44 link=topic=90612.msg1099594#msg1099594 date=1319943450]
The coaches from PNG and Vidor have a very good relationship with each other. There are a lot of them that have coached together and they respect each other. Having said that, there is no way Mathews or his wife would have made a sign to disrespect Faircloth. If you noticed, the Vidor players all stopped and said a prayer on the 28 yard line when they came out before the game and after halftime. I even saw some of them after the  game kneeling and praying at the 28. Believe it or not, not everyone lives and dies by this message board. The people who made this sign probably had no idea of the posts on this  board.
[/quote]
If the sign was symbolic of taking a knee at the 28 yard line, then why was the sign placed at the goalline at the opposite end of the field instead of at the 28? If it were at the 28, I might buy such explanation.
[/quote]
Who cares? Its over. That is my point. People have explained Coach Faircloth's reasoning on this. If other teams fans don't like it, it really doesn't matter. I thought people from other schools were being ridiculous for making a big deal about...I think you and others are being ridiculous about throwing a fit about A SIGN. I am sure Coach Faircloth hasn't given any thought to it, if he even saw the sign. If Vidor fans say it was a tribute to Matt Thomas then why shouldn't we believe them? If they would lie about something like that, they have bigger problems than a sign
[/quote]

Please go through this whole post and find where I've been throwing a fit about the sign.  All I said was I don't buy the explanation about what it stood for. 

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="NDNTime" post="1100227" timestamp="1320022132"]
[quote author=ndnsrock44 link=topic=90612.msg1100210#msg1100210 date=1320021171]
[quote author=NDNTime link=topic=90612.msg1099781#msg1099781 date=1319988957]
[/quote]
[size=10pt][b]If the sign was symbolic of taking a knee at the 28 yard line, then why was the sign placed at the goalline at the opposite end of the field instead of at the 28? If it were at the 28, I might buy such explanation.[/b][/size]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[size=10pt][b]Please go through this whole post and find where I've been throwing a fit about the sign.  All I said was I don't buy the explanation about what it stood for. [/b][/size]
[/quote]
That right there. That right there is throwing a fit and honestly Vidor doesn't care if you believe it or not. We don't have to explain ourselves to you.

That is my  point exactly...LET IT GO. aries456 said it perfect..a few people are making two good communities look ridiculous. NDNtime...Let's say you are right...Vidor put that sign up as a shot at Faircloth and then LIED ABOUT A 18 YEAR OLD'S DEATH TO COVER IT UP.... do you think those same people have a conscience about what you think about them? That is an amazing accusation you have made that they would lie about A KID'S DEATH. Many people have been very vocal about disagreeing with Faircloth/PNG not taking a knee...why would they make up this kind of excuse now, instead of owning  it? Also, it was LCM who brought up this whole taking a knee issue, not Vidor.....why would they make a sign about it? LET IT GO.