West Brook vs. Houston Cy Falls Predictions?

KFDM COOP

no doubt, it's going to be a tough fought game; but if our defense continues to improve, and our offense continues to mix it up and keep defenses guessing, then I think WB has a better than average chance of knocking off a very good CY-Falls team. Keep in mind, this is a Cy-Falls team that Katy had to come from behind to beat last year in the Regional Finals.....but that was last year! I'm very proud of our boys, even if they don't get past this game. All they've done is lay the the groundwork for future success at the Brook. NOTE: this is the first time in school history that the Bruins have advanced this far in the playoffs in consecutive years. Although they won the state championship in 1982, they lost in the second round in 1983 to Dickinson,10-0.

Being on the team last year and I can say this for all the seniors that graduated, it's good to see the guys getting back to where we got last year. I got a chance to watch the team for the second time this year last weekend and with Chavis at strong side LB, Coleman in the middle, and Stelly on the weakside this defense should stay stout against the run since the defense is designed for the LB's to make tackles. Defensively against the pass, Chatman and Falgout need to show some leadership this week and talk their guys up and get them ready to play. Offensively all I can say is wow. Michaels tore it up against the varsity defense last year in practice so we knew he was gonna be good but my goodness... And Albert was doing the same thing last year he's doing this year, he just had a senior in front of him... That being said, against Cy-Falls theyll put up respectable games... As long as Powdrill, Banks and the rest of the receiving corps catch the ball, I don't see the offense having trouble cause they will always be able to run the ball... #11 just needs to use his head and make smart throws... Cy-Falls had a close game last week and I talked to a guy that graduated from Falls last year and he's telling me everyone is talking about playing Katy that's on the team... That being said, WB in a close HIGH scoring game...

I'm headed to Cy-Falls practice this afternoon to do a story on them, I'll let y'all know what I see tonight, the story will air sometime this week. From the stats they seem almost a mirror of West Brook, 50/50 offense, questionable defense at times but counters with a lot of points, duel threat qb not as much of a runner a Chaisson but solid. Last week Stratford's kicker missed three times in the one point loss.

Having also played for WB last year during our great run, I must say that I am so so so proud of these guys this year... and I will aggree with you #4(haha... ).... Michaels is a beast... I knew he was going to be good but man oh man....

WB wins... I HOPE!!!!!!!!!!!

well' date=' cy-falls appears to be team that throws the ball pretty well. defending the pass has been one of WB's weaknesses this year. however, the defense is DEFINITELY playing better than it was two weeks ago. i guess i would have to give the edge to WB, If the defense continues to improve! :D also, i'm not sure the golden eagles have seen an ofensive spread like WB's, which should be an advantage. i think the Brook will win....er, hope they win! :P[/quote']

1/2 of the teams on that list throw the ball like crazy.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    julianhudges
    Newest Member
    julianhudges