Vidor Blackout now Whiteout

Sleepy1

The idea around the blackout in 2009 had nothing to do with whether they were playing a home or away game. It just so happen to be home & senior night. The thought, from a football players point of few, was the thrill you get when you look into the stands and see all the fans wearing the same color. Blackout should be for every game.

Now, for tomorrows game, wear whatever you want to honor Matt and cheer loud and proud for your Vidor Pirates. I'm sure that's what he would have wanted.

Look.  You guys don't have to walk on eggshells for anyone.  You lost a kid that was close to you and you want to honor him.  Everyone should respect that.  There is no ulterior motives here or any racial crap.  If ANYONE would think the T-shirt thing as otherwise needs to slap themself in the face.  It don't matter what color the shirt is.  What VPFan says makes total sense.  They want the crowd to dress in the same attire as them while honoring Thomas.  'Blackout' can be done at any other time.  Great idea, guys! 8)

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1088468" timestamp="1319136181"]
Look.  You guys don't have to walk on eggshells for anyone.  You lost a kid that was close to you and you want to honor him.  Everyone should respect that.  There is no ulterior motives here or any racial crap.  If ANYONE would think the T-shirt thing as otherwise needs to slap themself in the face.  It don't matter what color the shirt is.  What VPFan says makes total sense.  They want the crowd to dress in the same attire as them while honoring Thomas.  'Blackout' can be done at any other time.  Great idea, guys! 8)
[/quote] I know I am on the west side of the Trinity.. But Souja is right black/white don't matter.. just as long as the young man is being honored and respected... I am wearing a black t-shirt tomorrow night to our game...in honor of him... maybe the other Dayton posters will wear black too tomorrow night to the game... 

Many different sports teams show their support by doing a _______out. Texas A & M does "Maroon out", Penn State has "White out", Baltimore Ravens have "Purple out" just to name a few. Apparently no racial motives, just supporting the team. Vidor football fans are great and have always shown support by wearing school colors (black and gold), but we have never had a complete "Black out." I think it is time to show our support by blacking out EVERY game to show our support to our Pirate football team.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1088468" timestamp="1319136181"]
[/quote]

Great post Soulja

[quote name="vpfan" post="1088458" timestamp="1319134622"]
The idea around the blackout in 2009 had nothing to do with whether they were playing a home or away game. It just so happen to be home & senior night. The thought, from a football players point of few, was the thrill you get when you look into the stands and see all the fans wearing the same color. Blackout should be for every game.

Now, for tomorrows game, wear whatever you want to honor Matt and cheer loud and proud for your Vidor Pirates. I'm sure that's what he would have wanted.
[/quote]

Completly agree with you.  When my brother played years ago he would always say how awesome it was to look into the stands and see hundreds of people all wearing the same color.  Now that I am older with children of my own I love the fact that the boys can look into the stands and see one huge mass of Pirate Fans all wearing the same color as our wonderful Vidor Pirate Football Players! There is nothing like our Pirate Pride.  Once a Pirate, Always a Pirate.  Thank you to all of our surrounding schools and cities for all the support you have shown our town.  I thank Central especially, the young man, their Captian (I believe #63) represented Central very well yesterday.  :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder