Vidor Blackout now Whiteout

Sleepy1

The school ordered some memorial shirts for Matt and they happen to be white. It was uncertain if they were going to be here for this Fri game; but they will be. Because so many of the students purchased and want to wear them for the first game after Matt's death, that is what we'll do.
Please I ask that no one take this the wrong way, there is nothing racial about this. We're so far beyond that. This is for a noble cause...to help the Matt Thomas family (cover funeral costs) show some support to those that are mourning, and to help with a scholarship that could help some students, maybe, even Matt's younger brother.

For those of us on the outside looking in it seems like a interesting choice of colors (since black is usually the norm) however (regardless of the color chosen) I hope it helps the healing process and the family deal with the financial aspect of this tragedy...

Guest Pirate_pride_07
I also heard it was still a blackout for Matt friday night. I heard that even mathews is trying to talk to Central to see if our players can wear there black jersey's in his honor as well.

So what is it - Black or White?  I know that the booster club is selling black shirts with the proceeds going to his family.  I understand that there are also some white shirts being sold as well - assuming the proceeds going to the family.  We are going to the game - would like to show our support - just not sure what color we need to wear.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="hsusoccermom" post="1088026" timestamp="1319076624"]
So what is it - Black or White?  I know that the booster club is selling black shirts with the proceeds going to his family.  I understand that there are also some white shirts being sold as well - assuming the proceeds going to the family.  We are going to the game - would like to show our support - just not sure what color we need to wear.
[/quote]
Black

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1088043" timestamp="1319077535"]
In the words of Lee Corso, "Not so fast my friend!"

http://blog.beaumontenterprise.com/huddle/2011/10/19/vidor-football-fans-are-asked-to-wear-white-friday-in-support-of-matt-thomas/
[/quote]

In the words of Michelle Obama, "Don't always believe the press"

lmao  ;D

But i will see what the deal is when i can get ahold of Jeff.

[quote name="hsusoccermom" post="1088054" timestamp="1319078497"]
White or Black - doesn't really matter.  I would think that someone would have this organized.  I'm sure Matt wouldn't care either way as long as we are supporting the Pirates :)
[/quote]

True, just show up and support the PIRATES!!!  :)

Obviously, I'll never make a very good community organizer. :o
This idea was hatched and spread word of mouth amongst friends. It appears that many pursued the original blackout theme and another group (unknowingly and innocently) went the white tshirt route. Early on I had attempted several times contacting administration to coordinate the effort and just to make sure I wasn't stepping on toes. Needless to say, they have been extremely busy taking care of much more important things surrounding this sad event, taking care of the students. So I guess if anyone has more influence or better contacts/information then myself, let us know.
We still have a little time to see how this all works out; but, let's just remember Matt.
Soulja, I don't know if the shirts will be available at the game. There is a main number to the high school and they should be able to tell us. I'll try and find out later today and share that info.
Again, sorry for any confusion I've caused. I just wanted to help everyone get on the same page....which obviously hasn't happened.

[quote name="Sleepy1" post="1088204" timestamp="1319119576"]
This idea was hatched and spread word of mouth amongst friends. It appears that many pursued the original blackout theme and another group (unknowingly and innocently) went the white tshirt route. Early on I had attempted several times contacting administration to coordinate the effort and just to make sure I wasn't stepping on toes. Needless to say, they have been extremely busy taking care of much more important things surrounding this sad event, taking care of the students. So I guess if anyone has more influence or better contacts/information then myself, let us know.
We still have a little time to see how this all works out; but, let's just remember Matt.
Soulja, I don't know if the shirts will be available at the game. There is a main number to the high school and they should be able to tell us. I'll try and find out later today and share that info.
Again, sorry for any confusion I've caused. I just wanted to help everyone get on the same page....which obviously hasn't happened.
[/quote]Ok.  Let me know the information. 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1088221" timestamp="1319120848"]
[quote author=Sleepy1 link=topic=90113.msg1088204#msg1088204 date=1319119576]
[/quote]

The shirts are available at the Vidor High School only I believe.  You can call 409-951-8900 (main number at the school) to verify.  I was told they will be sold to students during lunch and anybody wishing to purchase one that does not have a student in school can go to the front office to purchase one.

[quote name="cyljones227" post="1088268" timestamp="1319123654"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=90113.msg1088221#msg1088221 date=1319120848]
[quote author=Sleepy1 link=topic=90113.msg1088204#msg1088204 date=1319119576]
[/quote]

The shirts are available at the Vidor High School only I believe.  You can call 409-951-8900 (main number at the school) to verify.  I was told they will be sold to students during lunch and anybody wishing to purchase one that does not have a student in school can go to the front office to purchase one.
[/quote]I wish they would sell them in Beaumont.  My schedule prevents me from going to Vidor durring school hours.  That sure sucks.  I may be able to get one at the game if I go to Vidor's side.

[quote name="VPATH" post="1088308" timestamp="1319125321"]
Honest mistake on the black/white out Sleepy. I talked to Jeff earlier and asked about black or white. He said as long as we are honoring Matt, that is all that matters to him and the team, honoring #28.
[/quote]

Also, white is our away game color, black is our home colors. Our game tomorrow (as we all know) is an away game. My "assumption" is that is why it would be a "whiteout" tomorrow. If you do recall I think in 2009 we did a blackout but it was a home game. Our boys should be wearing white jerseys tomorrow night.

I remember 2009 and I agree Pirategirl. Just so everyone knows, if you plan on going to pick up a shirt from the school you must place your order today before 3pm and they will have the shirt tomorrow for pick up. They shirts that they have at school were previously ordered and paid for, no extras. Order and pay today, pick up tomorrow.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder

• Kids suffer because they have irresponsible parents who didn’t practice birth control. They use abortion for their control. 
    • You have more faith than some other WOS fans😂
    • Go live in a third world country then get back to me about the word “poor”…..you ll have a different perspective.  Your right a kid shouldn’t suffer for parents decisions, but that’s the world we live in created by those who don’t teach responsibility as well as handicapping by giving handouts.  Cause and effect.   Now yes there are people who are hit with some tragic unforeseen circumstances who need help to get back on their feet but that’s different then a habitual irresponsible lifestyle  fema is a totally different animal.  And it’s actually  something I’ve never had to deal with…..so I can’t really speak on it but I do know it’s a govt agency and most govt agencies are poorly ran.  Natural disasters have been part of this earth for a long time….way before fema came along and people have managed. said kids get taught by said parents that the govt owes them for their circumstances instead of seeing for what it really is and the lesson that should actually be taken from such a life…..”I’m not going to be like my parent or parents….im going to look at others as examples …..my teachers, my coaches, any aunts or uncles, relatives etc etc that are successful…..I’m going to work hard and smart and make good decisions and what bad decisions I do make I’m going to learn from.” Suffering is a great teacher.  This earthly place is temporary and many will suffer even the righteous and even children. Life on earth is not fair….its not a new concept. The good ole race card.  I’m not surprised. I feel the same way no matter the color.  Whites are just as guilty as any other race.  It’s not a race issue it’s a culture issue.  You have allowed color to guide your thought process…..is that what you were taught. how bout you check out the income of many of those politicians you vote for who care so much about kids.  They go in as an every day working citizens then come out millionaires off of shady deals, kickbacks and taxpayers backs. They keep promising y’all false promises and you keep falling for it….bidens been doing it for over 40 years. i just wasted time on this reply because you are not hearing any of it……..you want handouts with no accountability. .sorry to the posters who wasted their time reading this…..it got off topic.  
    • Atascocita vs Pearland  Game 1: Thursday, May 16 @ Deer Park, 7:00 PM Game 2: Friday, May 17 @ Deer Park, 7:00 PM Game 3: Saturday, May 18 @ Deer Park, 6:00 PM (If Needed)      Deer Park vs Clear Springs  Game 1: Thursday, May 16 @ Crosby, 6:00 PM Game 2: Friday, May 17 @ Crosby, 6:00 PM Game 3: Saturday, May 18 @ Crosby, 1:00 PM (If Needed)   Hardin-Jefferson Vs. Longview Spring Hill  Game 1: Thursday, May 16 @ Lufkin Hudson HS, 6:00 PM Game 2: Friday, May 17 @ Nacogdoches, 6:00 PM Game 3: Saturday, May 18 @ Lufkin HS, TBD (If Needed)  
    • And that was in “deep blue” NJ. 
  • Topics