Comparing Districts 21-3A and 22-3A

ST413

[quote name="ST413" post="1069341" timestamp="1317350409"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=89038.msg1069338#msg1069338 date=1317350287]
I simply see 21-3A going 2-1 in those first round games.

DI    Silsbee defeats Huffman

DII  WOS defeats Cleveland
DII  Coldspring defeats Bridge City
[/quote]
I think thats a good assesment. Out of those the closest has to be the Tigers-Falcons.
[/quote]Like Aggie is this great expert ::)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="AOO7" post="1069411" timestamp="1317360490"]
[quote author=Indian Fan link=topic=89038.msg1069409#msg1069409 date=1317359974]
Alright Cleveland made the playoffs, now i can relax some. But really can't really say on the SILSBEE vs HUFFMAN. I do know when the TIGERS started clicking, they were strong, I have not seen Huffman yet this year and yes Silsbee beat Cleveland in the second half. Like Silsbee we have alot of sophmores starting and going both ways, in key posistions. if they can pull it together and play 4 quartes, I think WOS would also have to play a really good game to win. Coldsprings, I'll go with that.
[/quote]
Go ahead and relax, let's remember this 4-1 Liberty team was getting all the hype until the slip up against Huffman, who handled them last year as well. Liberty is still a good team and shouldn't be thrown out of playoff talk. Liberty's secondary is absolutely terrible, they will match up better with a running team in Cleveland.
[/quote]
I may be wrong , but I have seen alot of film from Cleveland and I do belive they are 50% run and pass, So if Liberty is having problems with there secondary than they Will lose to Cleveland.. JMO

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1069603" timestamp="1317397951"]
[quote author=bambam33 link=topic=89038.msg1069403#msg1069403 date=1317356584]
Ohhhh....k! LOL....... Let me repeat myself 413 maybe in simpler terms.
Huffman over Silsbee
Coldspring over Bridge City
WOS OVER CLEVELAND.......without a question mark! Better?
[/quote]

Don't see Huffman beating Silsbee man. Silsbee is better that when Jeremy Johnson and Silsbee beat y'all twice.
[/quote]

I seriously doubt this silsbee team is better than when yall had jj. Wasn't that like the first time yall beat wos in district? Anyways those Huffman teams yall beat were 5 or 6 win teams that barley squeaked into the playoffs, this and last years teams are alot better.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1069653" timestamp="1317402002"]
Last years Huffman barely beat a 3rd place Tiger team.
[/quote]

It was closer than it should've been ;) score was 27-14 at the half then Huffman came out and had a bad 2nd half defensively, very similar to the navasota game which was 21-20 at half and the final was 43-26. I belive that this team could be better than last years with the way the D is playing. That was our weakness last year.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1069660" timestamp="1317402541"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=89038.msg1069653#msg1069653 date=1317402002]
Last years Huffman barely beat a 3rd place Tiger team.
[/quote]

[b]It was a lot closer than it should've been[/b] ;) I belive that this team could be better than last years with the way the D is playing. That was our weakness last year.
[/quote]

Oh the woulda, coulda, shoulda games. ::)

Kind of like how it was closer than it "should've" been the previous two wins when Silsbee won 20-16 and 56-35?

BTW, Huffman scored the go ahead TD with just 2 minutes left in game in last years game. It was a back and forth game.

[quote name="Indian Fan" post="1069414" timestamp="1317362001"]
[quote author=AOO7 link=topic=89038.msg1069411#msg1069411 date=1317360490]
[quote author=Indian Fan link=topic=89038.msg1069409#msg1069409 date=1317359974]
Alright Cleveland made the playoffs, now i can relax some. But really can't really say on the SILSBEE vs HUFFMAN. I do know when the TIGERS started clicking, they were strong, I have not seen Huffman yet this year and yes Silsbee beat Cleveland in the second half. Like Silsbee we have alot of sophmores starting and going both ways, in key posistions. if they can pull it together and play 4 quartes, I think WOS would also have to play a really good game to win. Coldsprings, I'll go with that.
[/quote]
Go ahead and relax, let's remember this 4-1 Liberty team was getting all the hype until the slip up against Huffman, who handled them last year as well. Liberty is still a good team and shouldn't be thrown out of playoff talk. Liberty's secondary is absolutely terrible, they will match up better with a running team in Cleveland.
[/quote]

Hey I don't count anyone out, anything can happen on Friday Night. As far as all the hype, Liberty was getting all that they could produce. It's just hard to talk alot of hype after Huffman put it on them. As far as Clevland losing it's stars last year, i'll agree 50% we did lose a few good players, but was still 2-8 last year. my point is, this is not last year. if you think the Cleveland that you played last year is going to show up in a few weeks, your wrong. This is all my opinion, we will see in four weeks.
[/quote]
Good post! So glad we're done dealing with the arrogance of the Huffman fans, finally a normal debate. You are right, I agree Cleveland and Liberty are BOTH better than last year, but like UTep said, the Huffman game was closer than what the score indicated, Cleveland is better this year but so is Liberty and the fact that Liberty has bettered themselves in every match up compared to last year I've got to go ahead and say they will better themselves in this one as well. And as far as the topic of 22-3A compared to 21-3A, Huffman beat Silsbee last year and as much as I hate them you have to give them credit, Coldspring went to state, and Liberty was demolished, so last year 22-3A was stronger, in the previous years that featured CS and Cleveland going 2 and 3 rounds 22-3A was stronger, and this year, well the fact that 21-3As top 3 is basically set in stone and 22's has 4 teams competing, along with a power house coldspring team, and the fact that WOS seems to be not as good as last year at this point, well i say 22-3A is stronger once again.

Coldspring Trojans: 503 Students The lowest amount of students in the district makes this an amazing program.
Someone said something about not playing any tough teams, well the scores show that.The Trojans have scored 275 points in 5 games averaging 55 per game. Coach Barbay is the right coach, with the right team at the right time. 2010 record:

Outlook: Most likely one of the most prolific running games in the State of Texas with a tandem of RB’s Sherman Gilbert
and Colton Monroe and an experienced QB Alfred Scott.
You can also expect the Trojans to be a power house on defense anchored by two All-State players, LB Kedrick Harrison, Chance Andries along with Tri Cooper. As long as they stay healthy there is no reason this team does not bring home all the gold this season. This team should settle for nothing less than the 3A Division II Championship. Adding 5 to 6 weeks practice/experience in playoffs last year helps.

Do the Trojans have an Achilles heal? None visible that you can see, big, fast, football smart, experience and good coaching. What you don’t see will be their ability to handle being the top rung on the leader board ladder, playing
week after week on the big stage and always in the spotlight.

Coldspring definitely is a good team but they haven't played good competition yet.  That kinda puts a little cloud over those stats.  Now when playoff time gets here we will really get  to see how impressive these Trojans are. They shouldn't have too much trouble until then.

[quote name="AOO7" post="1069716" timestamp="1317406810"]
[quote author=Indian Fan link=topic=89038.msg1069414#msg1069414 date=1317362001]
[quote author=AOO7 link=topic=89038.msg1069411#msg1069411 date=1317360490]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Hey I don't count anyone out, anything can happen on Friday Night. As far as all the hype, Liberty was getting all that they could produce. It's just hard to talk alot of hype after Huffman put it on them. As far as Clevland losing it's stars last year, i'll agree 50% we did lose a few good players, but was still 2-8 last year. my point is, this is not last year. if you think the Cleveland that you played last year is going to show up in a few weeks, your wrong. This is all my opinion, we will see in four weeks.
[/quote]
Good post! So glad we're done dealing with the arrogance of the Huffman fans, finally a normal debate. You are right, I agree Cleveland and Liberty are BOTH better than last year, but like UTep said, the Huffman game was closer than what the score indicated, Cleveland is better this year but so is Liberty and the fact that Liberty has bettered themselves in every match up compared to last year I've got to go ahead and say they will better themselves in this one as well. And as far as the topic of 22-3A compared to 21-3A, Huffman beat Silsbee last year and as much as I hate them you have to give them credit, Coldspring went to state, and Liberty was demolished, so last year 22-3A was stronger, in the previous years that featured CS and Cleveland going 2 and 3 rounds 22-3A was stronger, and this year, well the fact that 21-3As top 3 is basically set in stone and 22's has 4 teams competing, along with a power house coldspring team, and the fact that WOS seems to be not as good as last year at this point, well i say 22-3A is stronger once again.
[/quote]

Liberty fans thought they would blow out Huffman, and still think the game was close even tho Huffman was up 28-7 for much of the second half, but were the arrogant ones ::) yeah ok

I know Huffman scored at last second kinda like silsbee did three years ago, but last year if I remember right Huffman would've never been in that situation until there was a bad snap that silsbee recovered and gave them great field position late in the fourth.

Anyway the only thing that is pretty much locked is that coldspring will beat whoever they play. WOS seems to be down this year, but they have also played the toughest schedule so far. Cleveland beat them in the first a couple years ago I think they could do it again. Huffman vs silsbee outcome wouldn't suprise me either way, but it should be another good game.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1069868" timestamp="1317417737"]
WOS will steem roll everybody buy Silsbee. The Tiger will win district, crush their 22-3A rival Huffman, roll thru second round, and come on home in round 3.
[/quote]

Silsbee aint rolling Huffman. Keep on talking at that BS. Wouldnt be surprised if it wasnt the other way around.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1069876" timestamp="1317418298"]
Cleveland did not beat WOS in the first round a couple of years ago, it was Coldspring who beat WOS. I was there for that game.

As for that 2nd round opponent, I would not rule out the possibility of Sealy being the opponent and not Navasota. ;)
[/quote]

You're right my mistake who did Cleveland beat that year? bc?

Sealy or navasota early way they are both consistently very good teams. I still think navasota will win tho.

[quote name="CATS80" post="1069926" timestamp="1317421399"]
which ever team plays Silsbee in the first round Cleve. Which we have already beat 42 - 14  or Huff. or liberty. you will not get to the next round. I dont know who said anything about rolling. But Silsbee will win.
[/quote]

You know an awful lot for not having seen some of those teams play.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="ST413" post="1069330" timestamp="1317349840"]
There has already been some talk of playoff matchups between these  two districts.  I wanted to as the question "Which district has the upper hand this year?"Its going to be hard to say this year because most of the schedules have had a lot of weaker teams or teams having down years this year. The playoff favorites in each district seem to be WOS, Silsbee, and BC in 21-3A and Coldspring, Huffman and Cleveland or maybe Liberty in 22-3A.  So far the toughest schedule has been WOS, then Silsbee .  BC's tougher games have been 5A Vidor and Kelly.  Coldspring no doubt has a good team but their schedule has been weak,  not sure how good Madisonville or Crockett are this year. Huffman has played a good Kingwood Park team and Kashmere(not sure about them) the rest of their schedule has been pretty weak. Cleveland has played some competive games but were beat by the Tigers 42-14 so I am not sure what to expect from them. Liberty's schedule before Huffman,  had Kelly as their strongest opponent.  So far the records of the top 3 teams favor 22-3A but that is due to WOS losing some tough games to tough opponents. With all of this considered, the first round matchups this year should be quite interesting.
[/quote]
Vidor's not 5A, were 4A.  8)

[quote name="CATS80" post="1069926" timestamp="1317421399"]
which ever team plays Silsbee in the first round Cleve. Which we have already beat 42 - 14  or Huff. or liberty. you will not get to the next round. I dont know who said anything about rolling. But Silsbee will win.
[/quote]

this is the same cleveland team that everybody in our district spanked last year.. so i'm not getting your point??

[quote name="UTEPminer" post="1070567" timestamp="1317438857"]
[quote author=CATS80 link=topic=89038.msg1069926#msg1069926 date=1317421399]
[/quote]

this is the same cleveland team that everybody in our district spanked last year.. so i'm not getting your point??
[/quote]

Before last year Cleveland was a consistently good team that was going about 3 rounds deep in playoffs. Some people think they are good agian this year, but with the performance against Splendora I think not.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1070582" timestamp="1317439025"]
[quote author=UTEPminer link=topic=89038.msg1070567#msg1070567 date=1317438857]
[quote author=CATS80 link=topic=89038.msg1069926#msg1069926 date=1317421399]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Before last year Cleveland was a consistently good team that was going about 3 rounds deep in playoffs.
[/quote]

you think they're back already? i'm thinking they need a class or two to come up before they'll be good again.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed

• lol, do what you gotta do, sure glad no nonsense occurs on the sports side. smh
    • Talk about Chicken Little. Do I need to rename the forum again? This forum is becoming a joke and an embarrassment to the site.
    • This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up All Times Central - Game times and  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  subject to change The following four Super Regionals will be played Friday June 7th, Saturday June 8th & *Sunday June 9th for the if necessary or weather-delayed games.  Knoxville Super Regional (#1 Tennessee -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) 2:00 PM Evansville vs Tennessee (ESPN2) 10:00AM Tennessee vs Evansville (ESPN2) 5:00 PM Tennessee vs. Evansville* (ESPNU) Tallahassee Super Regional (#8 Florida St. -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) 11:00 AM Connecticut vs Florida St. (ESPN) 10:00 AM Florida St. vs Connecticut (ESPN) 11:00 AM Connecticut vs Florida St.* (ESPN2) Chapel Hill Super Regional (#4 North Carolina -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) 5:00 PM West Virginia vs North Carolina (ESPN2) 7:00 PM North Carolina vs West Virginia (ESPN2) 2:00 PM West Virginia vs North Carolina* (ESPN2) Charlottesville Super Regional (#12 Virginia -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) 6:00 PM K-State vs Virginia (ESPNU) 2:00 PM Virginia vs K-State (ESPNU) 2:00 PM K-State vs Virginia* (ESPNU) The following four Super Regionals will be played Saturday June 8th, Sunday June 9th & *Monday June 10th for the if necessary or weather-delayed games. Lexington Super Regional (#2 Kentucky -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) 5:00 PM Oregon St. vs Kentucky (ESPNU) 8:00 PM Kentucky vs Oregon St. (ESPNU) TBA Oregon St. vs Kentucky* (TBA) Athens Super Regional (#7 Georgia -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) 11:00 AM North Carolina St. vs Georgia (ESPNU) 11:00 AM Georgia vs North Carolina St. (ESPNU) TBA North Carolina St. vs Georgia* (TBA) College Station Regional (#3 Fightin' Texas Aggies -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) 1:00 PM Oregon vs Fightin' Texas Aggies (ESPN2) 6:30 PM Fightin' Texas Aggies vs Oregon (ESPN2) TBA Oregon vs Fightin' Texas Aggies (TBA) Clemson Regional (#6 Clemson -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) 1:00 PM Florida vs Clemson (ESPN) 1:30 PM Clemson vs Florida (ESPN) TBA Florida vs Clemson* (TBA)
    • We had the same type of rules when Coach Stone was at PNG. 
    • I’m curious to see if this will happen next season . 
  • Topics