Central's Offense

BMTSoulja1

Mitchell isa REALLY GOOD qb but the zone read offense is not his stregnth.  The Running backs are not good enough for that offense either.  Every time we run it, it gets stuffed.  Lets line up in the I and run down hill, allow for the play action to be set-up, and gte mitchell on the outside of the pocket so he can avoid the rush.  Defenses are pinning thier ears back and coming after the QB because our line is not good enough & the RBs are not shifty to effectively run the slow developing zone-read. Stowers made that mid season change 4 years ago and we went deep in the playoffs after a slow start.  It is time to make that change NOW!

[quote name="ABSENT!" post="1067661" timestamp="1317148204"]
Mitchell isa REALLY GOOD qb but the zone read offense is not his stregnth.  The Running backs are not good enough for that offense either.  Every time we run it, it gets stuffed.  Lets line up in the I and run down hill, allow for the play action to be set-up, and gte mitchell on the outside of the pocket so he can avoid the rush.  Defenses are pinning thier ears back and coming after the QB because our line is not good enough & the RBs are not shifty to effectively run the slow developing zone-read. Stowers made that mid season change 4 years ago and we went deep in the playoffs after a slow start.  It is time to make that change NOW!
[/quote]Very true.  I just wonder how many losses and how many  subpar offensive games it will take for it to click?  I've been preaching to the choir for over a month now.

[quote name="ABSENT!" post="1067661" timestamp="1317148204"]
[/quote]
If your line is not good and your runningbacks are not that good, the I formation will do nothing for your offense! Mitchell is a great talent, but he's run first, pass second. Until that changes the Jaguars offense will continue to struggle in the passing game. Oh and that deep run had alot to do with match ups! You guys were running the wishbone and the t offense then.

Straight up if Central doesn't do better job of passing to open the run it's gonna be a long year.24/49=49.98%=229 yd=0 td=2 int says teams will stack da box.As much as I want to put da Jags dwn as a sure playoff team they better start something differant vs da Lions ;)

The eye formation helps alot when the blocking is subpar.  It is much more simple and everything is going down hill.  The line is not horrible but the zone read develops slowly and has alot of east to west movement. Think about it, if a back is running towards the line to recieve the ball his moimentum will cut 3 - 4 seconds off of a back that is sitting still 5 yards deep waiting to see if he will get the ball or will it be pulled out! Passing to open the run is a backwards tactic, it should always be the other way around! 

Overall I think it;s way too early to write the Jags off.  Their running game and o-Line play is definitely not where it needs to be, but they are still able to beat just about anybody in the district.  I don't think that Mitchell's numbers in the first game suggests that he will struggle this year either.  If they can improve the O-Line and defensive backfield and they will be tough to beat.

I hate to say this on hear Soulja and to the other Jaguar fans but if Mitchell was wearing either of the other 2 uniforms in Beaumont, he would be further along as a QB.  The kid is an exceptional natural talent but the coaching staff has not helped him progress.  From what I've heard and read, they don't even have a QB coach.  Get the kid a coach that works directly with him and I bet he will grow by leaps and bounds. 

The need to scrap the spread and go I or something under Center.  I agree with Absent in that we can be succesful with the 2 backs we have under Center.

I think the defensive backfield would be ok if they played a little less zone and more man.   

With a win tomorrow night, we can still claim our back to back district title... ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder