19-4A: The Champs are Crowned

Guest UHCoog14

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1065018" timestamp="1316881553"]
i have a feeling 19-4a isn't going to have an undefeated team.
[/quote]

I respectfully disagree  ;D

Next week might be our biggest test after an emotional win this week.  It's hard to keep the level of play consistent after such a big win.  Keep your heads on straight Eagles and go take care of business next week!

[quote name="Mr. Blitz" post="1065060" timestamp="1316883477"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=88789.msg1065018#msg1065018 date=1316881553]
[/quote]

Next week might be our biggest test after an emotional win this week.  [b]It's hard to keep the level of play consistent after such a big win.[/b]  Keep your heads on straight Eagles and go take care of business next week!
[/quote] I agree with that.... BH needs not to get to full of themselves. It could hurt them if they don't stay grounded.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1065144" timestamp="1316888385"]
Enjoy your week. GCM was also picked to make the playoffs. The funny thing is you have to prove it between the white lines.

What's that saying, Get Wrecked BH.
[/quote]

What time should we get to the GCM game for our shoe shine?  ;D ;D  Lee took out Crosby, which helps your point.  There is not a team in 19-4A that will match up with BH's defense.  If you disagree, tell me why. 

Obviously, as much as I hate to admit it, BH is the team to beat after last night. GCM will have to make some changes if they even expect to compete for the playoffs. They still lack a leader to step up and take control offensively and defensively. GCM is way too predictable.

Lee made a statement that they will not lay down. Wide open for anyone to get into the race. Good luck to everyone, this may be fun.

[quote name="panamamyers" post="1065372" timestamp="1316905256"]
Man, Lee could just as easily be down 45-0 at the half next week.
Aint no tellin with the Ganders.
[/quote]
You sound like me with GCM. I also hate to see the Ganders downhill spiral the last few years. It used to be that no team really wanted to play the Ganders back in the day. You knew you were in for a fight every time you played them.

[quote name="cbear4" post="1065385" timestamp="1316905736"]
[quote author=panamamyers link=topic=88789.msg1065372#msg1065372 date=1316905256]
[/quote]
You sound like me with GCM. I also hate to see the Ganders downhill spiral the last few years. It used to be that no team really wanted to play the Ganders back in the day. You knew you were in for a fight every time you played them.
[/quote]

Yep, Drew Tate has thrown for a yard or two in Stallworth, for sure. 

[quote name="Mr. Blitz" post="1065060" timestamp="1316883477"]
[/quote]

Next week might be our biggest test after an emotional win this week.  It's hard to keep the level of play consistent after such a big win.  Keep your heads on straight Eagles and go take care of business next week!
[/quote]I am grateful Lee beat Crosby for the simple fack it will serve as the impetus to prevent BH's overconfidence. It is a reminder anyone can win on any given night, however improbable it may seem.

[quote name="bh89-2" post="1065598" timestamp="1316917457"]
[quote author=cbear4 link=topic=88789.msg1065385#msg1065385 date=1316905736]
[quote author=panamamyers link=topic=88789.msg1065372#msg1065372 date=1316905256]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Yep, Drew Tate has thrown for a yard or two in Stallworth, for sure.
[/quote]I understant that Drew Tate's State record for single game passing yardage was eclipsed by the QB from Channelview tonight.

Tate doesn't have that record.  The record is 634 and Hurts threw for 493 according to the Chronicle.  10th place would be 557. 
Tate doesn't appear in the top 10 at all or yardage in a game.  Tate did have 8 td's in a game which is still the record.  Seven of those came in the first half against Sterling.
He probably could have reached double figures pretty easily had Sterling been scoring at all and caused him to stay in the game.

I see now that Hurts went for 560 last week against Friendswood which puts him at #10 now.

Not sure where this thread came from, but most folks that have labled BH the district champion has not been BH posters! I for one know that we have still some tough games ahead and upsets can happen. The next game against Lee could definietly by a let down game after such a big win! It aint over till it's over!!

[quote name="octfeb" post="1065101" timestamp="1316885349"]
[quote author=Mr. Blitz link=topic=88789.msg1065060#msg1065060 date=1316883477]
[/quote]

Next week might be our biggest test after an emotional win this week.  [b]It's hard to keep the level of play consistent after such a big win.[/b]  Keep your heads on straight Eagles and go take care of business next week!
[/quote] I agree with that.... BH needs not to get to full of themselves. It could hurt them if they don't stay grounded.
[/quote]

Where have you been?? I haven't seen you at the Crow thread yet! I can't beleive coming from you about BH getting Full of themselves!!! Do you read any of your post 8)

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1065851" timestamp="1316967950"]
[b]Not sure where this thread came from, but most folks that have labled BH the district champion has not been BH posters![/b] I for one know that we have still some tough games ahead and upsets can happen. The next game against Lee could definietly by a let down game after such a big win! It aint over till it's over!!
[/quote]
I GUARANTEE ALL OF 19-4A BETTER COME READY EVERY FRIDAY THIS YEAR.....STARTIN TO GET A BIT OF BALANCE BETWEEN THE TOP AND BOTTOM  ;)

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="1066065" timestamp="1316984625"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=88789.msg1065851#msg1065851 date=1316967950]
[b]Not sure where this thread came from, but most folks that have labled BH the district champion has not been BH posters![/b] I for one know that we have still some tough games ahead and upsets can happen. The next game against Lee could definietly by a let down game after such a big win! It aint over till it's over!!
[/quote]
I GUARANTEE ALL OF 19-4A BETTER COME READY EVERY FRIDAY THIS YEAR.....STARTIN TO GET A BIT OF BALANCE BETWEEN THE TOP AND BOTTOM  ;)
[/quote]

i agree i believe the TALENT level is pretty even. and that the coaching at gcm/lee are going to make them much better, i mean compare bh 4 years ago to today, not even close to the same level of team. Dayton is feeling some adversity. BUT i think this will make the 4 teams who make it out BETTER football teams. Also Dayton/BH at the end of the cougs schedule, might be good games given we have 2 sophmores whom will grow as the season continues and who knows what 2 sophs can do to people.

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1065853" timestamp="1316968039"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=88789.msg1065101#msg1065101 date=1316885349]
[quote author=Mr. Blitz link=topic=88789.msg1065060#msg1065060 date=1316883477]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Where have you been?? I haven't seen you at the Crow thread yet! I can't beleive coming from you about BH getting Full of themselves!!! Do you read any of your post 8)
[/quote]Dude seriously.. I haven't even read that crow eating thread.. and don't plan on it... And as for me saying BH(The Football team) don't need to get full of themselves, was meant as they(The football team) need to stay focused and grounded on the next game.... I for one don't have a problem when Dayton loses... someone has to win and lose. Dayton just happen to lose this one.. I have said congrats to BH on every thread that was about Dayton and BH.  ::) 

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1065018" timestamp="1316881553"]
[/quote]
May be the case. GCM will hopefully play a strong game against their tough defense. Good shot at running the table though if they can escape them and Crosby. All teams should improve along the way.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder