PORT NECHES-GROVES VS. LIVINGSTON/ Livingston wins!!

WOSgrad

[quote name="footballfan21" post="1065604" timestamp="1316917598"]
I think the lions will go deep into the playoffs...they're a great team
[/quote]Thanks, we think our team will go deep also (if) they remain focus and continue to get better each week, that is what coach Rowe is making them to  understand. The kids trust in him that if they work hard the best player will play, he's getting player to play who are good basketball player, baseball player and all other sports to tryout. Something the other coaches couldn't do.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Pirate_pride_07
You know if PNG's trouble is containing the corners and if Bolinger is good to play then Vidor should give em plenty of fits when they play with him and Quirante and Powell.  8)

Sorry couldn't help it. This should stir the pot a lil bit  ;D

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1065711" timestamp="1316929058"]
You know if PNG's trouble is containing the corners and if Bolinger is good to play then Vidor should give em plenty of fits when they play with him and Quirante and Powell.  8)

Sorry couldn't help it. This should stir the pot a lil but  ;D
[/quote]
We'll be ok, but thanks.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1065711" timestamp="1316929058"]

Sorry couldn't help it. This should stir the pot a lil but  ;D
[/quote]
We have a long way to go before that game and I hope our D improves by then. I wish Bolinger well with his injury and pray for a speedy recovery. I want Vidor to bring their best to the Reservation so there will be no excuses!!!!! ;D 

[quote name="BBHS-65" post="1065457" timestamp="1316908662"]
I agree with PNGFan when he said  "The problem with our defense is we cannot contain the corners and our offense can't run on the corners. I love Bertrand, but he has no corner speed and if you cannot run the corners you cannot open the middle of the line. We have 2 running backs in Womack and Arvie who have corner speed and they stand on the side line all game long."

My question to Coach Faircloth is "If Bertrand is not getting the job done (as in the game last night), why not give Arvie and Womack a chance"?  Bertrand was very good last year, but he had probably the best Offensive Line that PNG has ever had.  Those 5 guys were awesome and they played a major part in Bertrand's success last year.  Nicotre #70 (Left Tackle) -- the only remaining starter from that line is doing a terrific job this year.
[/quote]The biggest problem isnt talent at PNG its getting the talent on the field. I know that Faircloth does not like the idea of playing kids both ways but when you dont have any size on the Defense what keeps happening is the missed tackles at the point of attack is 3 to 4 yards on the side of the defense is never gonna change. Our staff needs to look at playing some kids both ways at times to make stops when you have to have them to get the defense off the field. And the thought of getting Arvie and Wommack involved in our offense would help we need more speed on that side of the ball for sure. And man would putting Chase Romero at wide out with his speed along side Nelson would be a nightmare for defenses the rest of the way. I know our defensive line has had numerous injurys which plays a huge role on how effective you will be but we had 3 to 4 kids on the line against Livingston at times that doesnt even weigh 200 pounds and when you have the size kids that we have faced in our first 4 games on opposing o-lines have had your gonna have major trouble stopping the running game. Change is needed before we get ourselves in a posistion like last year. This is gonna be a very competitive district with anybody on any given Friday nite being able to beat anybody.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86