U.I.L. Eligibility question

marshman

Anyone know how long it takes for the U.I.L. in Austin to approve a decision on eligibility that was approved by the district U.I.L. committee?  We had a hearing last Wednesday and the local committee approved the case and we were told everything would be sent to Austin where they almost never overturn the local districts decision. Its been 8 days and I would have thought we would have heard back from Austin by now. 

[quote name="marshman" post="1062581" timestamp="1316706058"]
Anyone know how long it takes for the U.I.L. in Austin to approve a decision on eligibility that was approved by the district U.I.L. committee?  We had a hearing last Wednesday and the local committee approved the case and we were told everything would be sent to Austin where they almost never overturn the local districts decision. Its been 8 days and I would have thought we would have heard back from Austin by now. 
[/quote]

My understanding is that once the district committee approves a player that the decision does not need to be approved by Austin.  The only decisions that are made by Austin are those in which the district committee rules against a player and the player appeals or where the district committee does not take action and sends the matter to Austin for a decision.

What was told to us after they ruled in his favor was everything would be sent to Austin where they only had to sign off on the districts decision.  Then they could fax the paperwork back to school and the student would be immediately eligible. It just seems like it is taking entirely too long unless there's something else going on they are not telling us.  I would like to think they would be up front and keep us advised if anything was wrong.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder