Bickham

Another football hater starts a topic. I don't think he will leave for awhile. JV team only lost 1 game (PNG JV). They were district CHAMPS! I can see the Pirates making 6 or 7 straight playoff appearances in football. We now have 2 straight playoff teams in football! Wow! The A/D and his coaches are well respected by his players. He is a great fit in Deweyville and I for one hope that he and his coaching staff stay. If he ever leaves Coach Pachuca would also be a great fit in Deweyville and is well respected by the kids at the school. jmo

So what your saying is Coach Jackson resigned and what about Graves what happened to him.I love Football I'm just saying It always seems like football gets the royal treatment and baseball and basketball get the shaft.I can remember my junior year in baseball after to regional baseball runs in the playoffs having to duct tape my shoes cause we didnt have any new shoes that year but the football team was like 2-8 and got new shoes. That just doesnt seem right.

Graves??????? Not sure what you are talking about. Coach Bickham will make sure all sports have what they need to compete. I have and will support ALL SPORTS at Deweyville. Good luck to you and Buna in ALL SPORTS. School Board selling out to football that's crazy have you seen our 2 NEW GYMS? It just might be basketball is getting the royal treatment.

Rick can you honestly tell me why coach Jackson left .Did he not like Bickham or the other way around or did he just find a better job.I was under the impression that he liked it in Dville and i meant Vines earlier sorry.I'm not meaning to ruffle your feathers but it always seems basketball and baseball tale back stage to football and we have always been more productive in those sports since i have been aroundand your a smart man and you know that and by the way i was betting on Dville in that game against Buna and lost so tell me im not a pirate at heart

Why worry about things you cannot control? If Coach Bickham decides to leave, that's his decision, just like when he was hired, it was his decision to bring in the Staff he wants. You might not agree with his decisions on personnel, but guess what, it's his decisions not yours or anyone else's in Deweyvilles. The man has brought Pride back to Deweyville, not just in Football, but other sports as well. My kids attend the Schools there and I support all Athletics, and personnally, I love to attend Volleyball or Basketball games in the New Gym, and I can't wait to see the New Football and Baseball Facilities next year. We need to Support the school and enjoy the success we are currently having, instead of tearing it down.

The few coaches that Bickham kept were almost all demoted to middle school sports. We lost several good coaches, like Thibodeaux (AD @ Sabine Pass now) and Jackson, who could have coached middle school if he stayed. IMO.....he is a Varsity coach, not middle school, that was a slap in the face for him. Time will tell with the coaches he brought in this year, our Varsity basketball coach will also be the Varsity Baseball coach since he never found one. I'm not downing Bickham, I'm sure he has done some good this year with the football program, but give these kids some credit. The majority of our JV and Varsity teams have grown up playing together in our little league program, we always knew when they got to high school, we were going to have some great teams.....AND WE DO!! All of our sports programs deserve to be recognized as much as the football program is, and I feel like that is the AD's job to make sure that they are. I'm afraid that if they don't get the recognition they deserve, we will continue to lose good athletes and all of our programs will suffer. Remember.....it's all about the kids!!

Why worry about things you cannot control? If Coach Bickham decides to leave' date=' that's his decision, just like when he was hired, it was his decision to bring in the Staff he wants. You might not agree with his decisions on personnel, but guess what, it's his decisions not yours or anyone else's in Deweyvilles. The man has brought Pride back to Deweyville, not just in Football, but other sports as well. My kids attend the Schools there and I support all Athletics, and personnally, I love to attend Volleyball or Basketball games in the New Gym, and I can't wait to see the New Football and Baseball Facilities next year. We need to Support the school and enjoy the success we are currently having, instead of tearing it down.[/quote']

Good post. :)

Im just saying Deweyville basically brought Bickham in to win football games and he does a great job at that .Wether he liked Jackson or not he was one of the winningest coaches in basketball at dvill and was a great teacher to move him to middle school is a disgrace to him.I think the baseball team was pretty good and we had one of dvilles best baseball players wanting to coach there and they didnt hire him so now he's at a district rival so we'll see how that works out and from what im hearing the basketball coach is the baseball coach .Tell me how that works when baseball starts in jan. in the middle of district.

DP#1FAN

Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:59 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chad S. you will have to talk to the Superintendent and Principal about that. You should be more interested in the school district in which you live.

i happen to know that two school board members were trying to get rid of him (jackson), one didn't get re-elected, this is from a VERY reliable source. After watching Chireno play, something is telling me coach jackson isn't missing Deweyville too much, or atleast some of the attitudes around there. (Thats not directed toward the kids either) And besides...when did this turn into a coach jackson thread? i thought it was titled Bickham :lol:

Recognition does not come from the AD, it comes from the community, parents and fans that show up for the games or events. Deweyville has a budget it has to stay within, a 2a school District budget, not a 4a or 5a budget. It would be real nice to go out and hire all the good Coaches in the area for every sport and pay them accordingly, however that's not realistic. We have Coaches here that want to Coach, so let them. We cannot do anything about past Coaches or Teachers that have moved on, Sounds like Coach Jackson is doing well at his new school, congrats, now lets move on at Deweyville and support what we have here, instead of digging up past incidents.

Guest bleed orange

If you don't think coach Bickham is for every sport, you are dead wrong. Are you forgetting that he graduated from Deweyville. I guarrantee his heart and soul and blood is deweyville. Football will always get the most attention, its brings in the most money. It is like that at every single school in the area. Bridge City went to the state tounament in baseball for the last two years and their kids had to buy their on shoes. The kids at Orangefield have to buy their own shoes and have been for 30+ years. This is nothing new. As far as coach jaskson goes, I am sure he was a good coach and great person but he also brought two son's with him to help deweyville win. We also lost a good coach in Nathan Toon. But thats life. He is actually better off were he is at and we wish him nothing but good things.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder