Vidor vs. Nederland 9-23-11 Predictions

[quote name="bh15" post="1054218" timestamp="1315690141"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=88038.msg1054174#msg1054174 date=1315685568]
Ned - 31 Vidor - 7... If Raines is back..

Ned - 17 Vidor - 7... Without Raines

No disrespect to the backup. He performed about as well as you can ask against BH. But first time starting jitters are hard to shake. Its different when you have time to psych yourself out all week versus just being thrown in there.
[/quote]I did not notice any drop off in quality when the backup qb came in for Ned came in. He didn't miss a beat and surely never seemed  rattled. I don't think Ned is getting enough respect.
My pick is Ned by 7 in this one.
[/quote]
Read my whole post again so I don't have to repeat myself.. Geez

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Kvillecats" post="1054128" timestamp="1315678729"]
[quote author=faub10 link=topic=88038.msg1054121#msg1054121 date=1315678100]
No differant than any other year,,,,nederland runs away with this one,,,as usual vidor fans are pumped up by their 3 and 0 start but come on bridge city and kirbyville,,,,
Nederland 28
Vidor 7
[/quote] Yes BC and Kirbyville are two quality programs. You guys hollin WOS this and that.....didn't Kirbyville beat WOS last year? They have talent and speed, but haven't done anything since dropping down to 3a. [u][b]If[/b][/u] Kirbyville had a little more depth and was scheduled to play Nederland i believe they would embarrass you guys.
[/quote]
If..... ::)

This will be a great game, too close to call .

[quote name="Kvillecats" post="1054133" timestamp="1315679326"]
[quote author=NHS1990 link=topic=88038.msg1054110#msg1054110 date=1315676865]
I don't see Vidor scoring over 20 (much less 28) against this Ned Defense, and I don't see Vidor winning by 10. When is the last time Vidor beat Ned by 10? Nederland's first three opponents are far more competitive teams than what Vidor has played thus far. Playing BC and Kirbyville doesn't compare to WO-S and BH. I think it will be a good game, but Nederland walks away with a 28-14 win.
[/quote]

I guess you are talking about just this year. Yes Kirbyville is in a rebuilding and not as dominate as usual. When was the last time BH beat Kirbyville? Answer is....NEVER!!! Like i said WOS have talent but is highly overrated.
[/quote]

Yes. Definitely talking about this years Kirbyville team. I was very shocked after the Newton game. Regardless of anyone's thoughts on WO-S, Nederland has always struggled to beat them. We only have two wins in 25+ years before we beat them this year, and this year's 'D' held them to 20 points. Again, not typical of a Ned v. WOS matchup. I know WOS is 0-2, but they lost two 2 better than average 4A schools.

Well, lets see....Vidor beat WOS in a scrimmage this year and it was by more than one point.  (one point being all nederland could win by agains WOS)  Texas High is a tough, quality team and yes, Bridge City and Kirbyville are 3A but quality teams none the less!  The game with Vidor/Nederland will be a good game, and it's hard to win in midcounty  but I see Vidor coming out on top in this one.  Vidor 24 Nederland 17

...and that's why I said 'THIS Ned D'. Ok, so you scored 24 ONE yr and won by 10 against basically our 2nd team last year due to our injuries. Not making an excuse for the loss, just stating facts. IMO, Ned has played against superior teams than Vidor has played this year. Apparently you agree since you didn't highlight that part of my post? I don't see Vidor sitting at 3-0 or 2-1 if they played Neds first 3 opponents. I think they have a very good team, and should make the playoffs, but i think they come up short. Again, just my opinion!  :)

The way I see Vidor winning is if Ned looks past to next week against PNG.

[quote name="dockofthebay" post="1054175" timestamp="1315685599"]
[quote author=NHS1990 link=topic=88038.msg1054110#msg1054110 date=1315676865]
[color=red]I don't see Vidor scoring over 20 (much less 28) against this Ned Defense, and I don't see Vidor winning by 10. When is the last time Vidor beat Ned by 10[/color]? Nederland's first three opponents are far more competitive teams than what Vidor has played thus far. Playing BC and Kirbyville doesn't compare to WO-S and BH. I think it will be a good game, but Nederland walks away with a 28-14 win.
[/quote]        Uuuuuuuh last year! 24-14.......looks like your 0 for 2! lmfao
[/quote]

[quote name="lonestartexan977" post="1054296" timestamp="1315696103"]
Well, lets see....Vidor beat WOS in a scrimmage this year and it was by more than one point.  (one point being all nederland could win by agains WOS)  Texas High is a tough, quality team and yes, Bridge City and Kirbyville are 3A but quality teams none the less!  The game with Vidor/Nederland will be a good game, and it's hard to win in midcounty  but I see Vidor coming out on top in this one.  Vidor 24 Nederland 17
[/quote]
Lol I love how people use logic sometimes.. Well this team beat this team in a SCRIMMAGE by x points. And this team beat this other team but only by x-y points. So this team would beat this other team in a regular game by z points. Makes perfect sense.

...not to mention that it was a scrimmage.  :D

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1054305" timestamp="1315697547"]
[quote author=lonestartexan977 link=topic=88038.msg1054296#msg1054296 date=1315696103]
[/quote]
Lol I love how people use logic sometimes.. Well this team beat this team in a SCRIMMAGE by x points. And this team beat this other team but only by x-y points. So this team would beat this other team in a regular game by z points. Makes perfect sense.
[/quote]

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1054174" timestamp="1315685568"]

No disrespect to the backup. He performed about as well as you can ask against BH. But first time starting jitters are hard to shake. Its different when you have time to psych yourself out all week versus just being thrown in there.
[/quote]

First time jitters? I am pretty sure Friday night was as bad as it gets. No disrespect to Raines, but this kid has a better release, sees the field faster and delivers the ball, I don't see Vidor getting anything but a tougher time playing pass defense. I hope Raines returns for Vidor, he deserves the start he paid for it but if he don't I think Vidor is in for a worse time if the Coaches don't screw Woods up it could be we have to much time before the next game!

nederland will have a tough time stopping the 3 headed monster. i know these pirates are giving everything they got every down. no matter who win's the vidor pirates are going to leave it all on the field. this will be an all out war. it'll get ugly, it'll get dirty, and it won't be an easy game for either team, but the victory will be sweet. go pirates.

[/quote]GoDogs27, I think you will be surprised when you see Vidors secondary play.Secondary and Linebacker play has been the strenth of our defense.While Raines is a good player I do not see our secondary getting burnt to often.We have more speed at these positions than we have had in a long time.I think this will be a very physical and close game but, IMO your 31 to 7 prediction is way off. We will see in two weeks. 8)

[quote name="dockofthebay" post="1054428" timestamp="1315702681"]
I hate to break your little tunnel vision heart 1990, but Texas High is better than any team you have played this year. Goose Creek is a below average 4a team and BH is average, we played WOS and went toe to toe with them.  Saying you've played superior competition is laughable! Just my opinion ;)
[/quote]

...and everyone has one-ha!  ;D
Answer me this though. Do you think Vidor would still be 3-0 after playing Nederland's schedule?

NHS1990 / GoDogs27....let's see...what was the final score last year???? And we have a much improved team this year....same bunch of kids that beat you last year plus a couple of extra nightmares for you (Quirante the "Beast"). Your vaunted defense hasn't held anyone under 250 yards of rushing yet....I promise you haven't seen speed yet like we have this year. Have you checked out our defense? Doesn't seem other teams are scoring much. Vidor rushes for 400+ yards on the whining puppies.....and after their refs call back two TDs for holding or some other dreamed up infraction....Mathews has to run out on the field after Nederville receiver catches a pass 10 yards out of the end zone and it's called a TD....we're there until 1:00 a.m. again...... Vidor 28 - Nederville 14.

Very entertaining post! Love the passion!  I understand your optimism, as i'm sure you understand mine. You seem like a reasonable person-that's what coach E told me anyway. With all of our returning starters from defense, we are muched improved as well. This yr, we will (hopefully) have our starting QB-unlike last yr. I realize injuries are a part of the game, but QB is THE most important position on the field-IMO. Although our back up actually looked pretty good though last night.
Lots of passion from both sides, no doubt. Should be a great game... Just hope there are no injuries or fights.

[quote name="robanadana" post="1054445" timestamp="1315703823"]
NHS1990 / GoDogs27....let's see...what was the final score last year???? And we have a much improved team this year....same bunch of kids that beat you last year plus a couple of extra nightmares for you (Quirante the "Beast"). Your vaunted defense hasn't held anyone under 250 yards of rushing yet....I promise you haven't seen speed yet like we have this year. Have you checked out our defense? Doesn't seem other teams are scoring much. Vidor rushes for 400+ yards on the whining puppies.....and after their refs call back two TDs for holding or some other dreamed up infraction....Mathews has to run out on the field after Nederville receiver catches a pass 10 yards out of the end zone and it's called a TD....we're there until 1:00 a.m. again...... Vidor 28 - Nederville 14.
[/quote]

[/quote]

::)

[quote name="TITAN POWER" post="1054501" timestamp="1315707709"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=88038.msg1054174#msg1054174 date=1315685568]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote name="robanadana" post="1054445" timestamp="1315703823"]
[/quote] let's see... BH had 150 total yards in regulation, or 175 including ot. Keep bumping your gums!!!!!!!!

[quote name="NHS1990" post="1054110" timestamp="1315676865"]
I don't see Vidor scoring over 20 (much less 28) against this Ned Defense, and I don't see Vidor winning by 10.[b] When is the last time Vidor beat Ned by 10?[/b] Nederland's first three opponents are far more competitive teams than what Vidor has played thus far. Playing BC and Kirbyville doesn't compare to WO-S and BH. I think it will be a good game, but Nederland walks away with a 28-14 win.
[/quote]

Last year.....Vidor 24/ Nederland 14  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Raza012
    Newest Member
    Raza012