Vidor vs. Nederland 9-23-11 Predictions

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see Vidor scoring over 20 (much less 28) against this Ned Defense, and I don't see Vidor winning by 10. When is the last time Vidor beat Ned by 10? Nederland's first three opponents are far more competitive teams than what Vidor has played thus far. Playing BC and Kirbyville doesn't compare to WO-S and BH. I think it will be a good game, but Nederland walks away with a 28-14 win.

[quote name="NHS1990" post="1054110" timestamp="1315676865"]
No way Vidor scores over 20 (much less 28) against this Ned Defense, and no way Vidor wins by 10. When is the last time Vidor beat Ned by 10? Nederland's first three opponents are far more competitive teams than what Vidor has played thus far. Playing BC and [b]Kirbyville[/b] doesn't compare to WO-S and BH. I think it will be a good game, but Nederland walks away with a 28-14 win.
[/quote]

I'm totally  :o :o....lol

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="1054116" timestamp="1315677442"]
[quote author=NHS1990 link=topic=88038.msg1054110#msg1054110 date=1315676865]
No way Vidor scores over 20 (much less 28) against this Ned Defense, and no way Vidor wins by 10. When is the last time Vidor beat Ned by 10? Nederland's first three opponents are far more competitive teams than what Vidor has played thus far. Playing BC and [b]Kirbyville[/b] doesn't compare to WO-S and BH. I think it will be a good game, but Nederland walks away with a 28-14 win.
[/quote]

I'm totally  :o :o....lol
[/quote]

Sorry man. I didn't mean to make that personal.  8) it's just that....well, you know.  ;)

[quote name="faub10" post="1054121" timestamp="1315678100"]
No differant than any other year,,,,nederland runs away with this one,,,as usual vidor fans are pumped up by their 3 and 0 start but come on bridge city and kirbyville,,,,
Nederland 28
Vidor 7
[/quote] Yes BC and Kirbyville are two quality programs. You guys hollin WOS this and that.....didn't Kirbyville beat WOS last year? They have talent and speed, but haven't done anything since dropping down to 3a. If Kirbyville had a little more depth and was scheduled to play Nederland i believe they would embarrass you guys.

::) ::) ::) ::)  And if  "ifs and buts" were candy and nuts.......We would all have a Merry Christmas.[quote name="Kvillecats" post="1054128" timestamp="1315678729"]
[quote author=faub10 link=topic=88038.msg1054121#msg1054121 date=1315678100]
No differant than any other year,,,,nederland runs away with this one,,,as usual vidor fans are pumped up by their 3 and 0 start but come on bridge city and kirbyville,,,,
Nederland 28
Vidor 7
[/quote] Yes BC and Kirbyville are two quality programs. You guys hollin WOS this and that.....didn't Kirbyville beat WOS last year? They have talent and speed, but haven't done anything since dropping down to 3a. If Kirbyville had a little more depth and was scheduled to play Nederland i believe they would embarrass you guys.
[/quote]

I don't see Vidor scoring over 20 (much less 28) against this Ned Defense, and I don't see Vidor winning by 10. When is the last time Vidor beat Ned by 10? Nederland's first three opponents are far more competitive teams than what Vidor has played thus far. Playing BC and Kirbyville doesn't compare to WO-S and BH. I think it will be a good game, but Nederland walks away with a 28-14 win.
[/quote]

I guess you are talking about just this year. Yes Kirbyville is in a rebuilding and not as dominate as usual. When was the last time BH beat Kirbyville? Answer is....NEVER!!! Like i said WOS have talent but is highly overrated.

to underestimate vidor would be a grave mistake. win or lose they always play their heart out against ned. this game should be approached like a playoff game. ned should be healthy on defense by then. time will tell with raines. the slot/wing t is a nightmare to defend. you damn near gotta tackle the whole team to find the guy with the ball. remember last year. that being said do you try to stop ned run or pass. you're probably not gonna do both. ned has two good qb, excellent rcvrs and a good o line. the only weakness i see on ned d is trouble containing the edges. ned will again go 5-3-3 or 4-4-3 on d. mathews knows this and will work on the passing game next 2 wks. ned needs to really work on blocking to get to the edges. this one will go down to the wire. i swear every year to quit going to ned games but football is my addiction. i would live longer if i did, but who wants to live forever. anyway this district game is huge. don't overlook vidor cause png is next or you start 0-1 in district. stay focused. texas high is no pushover; bridge city is good; k-ville is rebuilding and alverez is gone but they don't lay down for anyone. ned better snug down the pads for this one.

Ned - 31 Vidor - 7... If Raines is back..

Ned - 17 Vidor - 7... Without Raines

No disrespect to the backup. He performed about as well as you can ask against BH. But first time starting jitters are hard to shake. Its different when you have time to psych yourself out all week versus just being thrown in there.

[color=red]I don't see Vidor scoring over 20 (much less 28) against this Ned Defense, and I don't see Vidor winning by 10. When is the last time Vidor beat Ned by 10[/color]? Nederland's first three opponents are far more competitive teams than what Vidor has played thus far. Playing BC and Kirbyville doesn't compare to WO-S and BH. I think it will be a good game, but Nederland walks away with a 28-14 win.
[/quote]        Uuuuuuuh last year! 24-14.......looks like your 0 for 2! lmfao

First off, Much respect for Kville..... WOS, Vidor and all of our opponents. But to say you would "embarass" us, well I just cant see that happening this year. It seems to me you started the mouthing.[quote name="Kvillecats" post="1054134" timestamp="1315679481"]
[quote author=outanup link=topic=88038.msg1054130#msg1054130 date=1315679092]
::) ::) ::) ::)  And if  "ifs and buts" were candy and nuts.......We would all have a Merry Christmas.
[/quote]

Hmmm....i see. Im pullin for Vidor in this one especially because of your mouth. Cmon Pirates!!
[/quote]

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1054174" timestamp="1315685568"]
Ned - 31 Vidor - 7... If Raines is back..

Ned - 17 Vidor - 7... Without Raines

No disrespect to the backup. He performed about as well as you can ask against BH. But first time starting jitters are hard to shake. Its different when you have time to psych yourself out all week versus just being thrown in there.
[/quote]I did not notice any drop off in quality when the backup qb came in for Ned came in. He didn't miss a beat and surely never seemed  rattled. I don't think Ned is getting enough respect.
My pick is Ned by 7 in this one.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mmj0
    Newest Member
    mmj0