Vidor vs. Nederland 9-23-11 Predictions

[quote name="outanup" post="1054505" timestamp="1315707884"]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=88038.msg1054445#msg1054445 date=1315703823]
NHS1990 / GoDogs27....let's see...what was the final score last year???? And we have a much improved team this year....same bunch of kids that beat you last year plus a couple of extra nightmares for you (Quirante the "Beast"). Your vaunted defense hasn't held anyone under 250 yards of rushing yet....I promise you haven't seen speed yet like we have this year. Have you checked out our defense? Doesn't seem other teams are scoring much. Vidor rushes for 400+ yards on the whining puppies.....and after their refs call back two TDs for holding or some other dreamed up infraction....Mathews has to run out on the field after Nederville receiver catches a pass 10 yards out of the end zone and it's called a TD....we're there until 1:00 a.m. again...... Vidor 28 - Nederville 14.
[/quote] let's see... BH had 150 total yards in regulation, or 175 including ot. Keep bumping your gums!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

::)

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="robanadana" post="1054445" timestamp="1315703823"]
NHS1990 / GoDogs27....let's see...what was the final score last year???? And we have a much improved team this year....same bunch of kids that beat you last year plus a couple of extra nightmares for you (Quirante the "Beast"). Your vaunted defense hasn't held anyone under 250 yards of rushing yet....I promise you haven't seen speed yet like we have this year. Have you checked out our defense? Doesn't seem other teams are scoring much. Vidor rushes for 400+ yards on the whining puppies.....and after their refs call back two TDs for holding or some other dreamed up infraction....Mathews has to run out on the field after Nederville receiver catches a pass 10 yards out of the end zone and it's called a TD....we're there until 1:00 a.m. again...... Vidor 28 - Nederville 14.
[/quote]
robanadana, don't feel bad as you aren't going to get calls from the officials at Nederland. We had a RB score on a screen play from about 35 yards with forty seconds left in the game and the play was called back due to a lineman down field. (Lineman can be down field if the receiver is behind the line of scrimmage) Which I have video of the play and the RB was two yards behind the line of scrimmage when he caught the ball.

We ended up losing by four pts.

I say Vidor wins this year in a close hard fought game but Vidor has a running game to eat up the clock and keep Nederlands defense on the field a lot. 

[quote name="dockofthebay" post="1054513" timestamp="1315708413"]
Actually 90 you might want to research before you open your trap....... Vidor is 7-15 against WOS, while ned is 6-25.....not a good example, but keep talking because i look smarter every time you do! :)
[/quote]

Before I open my trap?? Wow, there are some sensitive Vidor fans! All i asked was when is the last time y'all beat WOS? I don't recall the last time y'all beat them-sorry! So for someone to say that y'all would be 3-0 under Ned's schedule makes me question  his thought process. As I mentioned, we've only beaten WOS 2 times in the past 25 plus years, until this year. So, yes, I am optimistic. Back to my question, when is the last time Vidor beat WOS?

[quote name="bigred360" post="1054518" timestamp="1315708662"]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=88038.msg1054445#msg1054445 date=1315703823]
[/quote]
robanadana, don't feel bad as [b]you aren't going to get calls from the officials at Nederland[/b]. We had a RB score on a screen play from about 35 yards with forty seconds left in the game and the play was called back due to a lineman down field. (Lineman can be down field if the receiver is behind the line of scrimmage) Which I have video of the play and the RB was two yards behind the line of scrimmage when he caught the ball.

We ended up losing by four pts.

I say Vidor wins this year in a close hard fought game but Vidor has a running game to eat up the clock and keep Nederlands defense on the field a lot.
[/quote]

You guys always say the same thing, the officiating is against us in Mid-County, obviously you weren't at the game last night because most all the calls went against us so you may want to rethink your strategy!

I agree. Not having your starting QB makes a big difference. It was like night and day last year comparing the Vidor game to the PNG game.

[quote name="NHS1990" post="1054459" timestamp="1315704931"]
Very entertaining post! Love the passion!  I understand your optimism, as i'm sure you understand mine. You seem like a reasonable person-that's what coach E told me anyway. With all of our returning starters from defense, we are muched improved as well. This yr, we will (hopefully) have our starting QB-unlike last yr. I realize injuries are a part of the game, but QB is THE most important position on the field-IMO. Although our back up actually looked pretty good though last night.
Lots of passion from both sides, no doubt. Should be a great game... Just hope there are no injuries or fights.

[/quote]
[/quote]

Very interesting tread by the way... Vidor fans are still the same like they are every year being respect hungry and feeling like they are against the world...its like the have little man syndrome about football...... Nederland fans are still the same cocky, closeminded fans thinking that just cause tradition is on their side they will blow through vidor easily.... i live for this haha

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="NHS1990" post="1054541" timestamp="1315710271"]
[quote author=dockofthebay link=topic=88038.msg1054536#msg1054536 date=1315710006]
We last played them in 02 and we beat them in 99, thats the best i can recall.
[/quote]

Thanks! That's probably why I don't remember. I can barely remember last year, much less 9 or 12 years ago!  ;D
[/quote]
I don't doubt that at all  ::)  ;D

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="TribePride75" post="1054563" timestamp="1315712437"]
Man can you imagine these boards after this game is played?...Wow  :o Looking forward to this one! "The Black n Gold Bowl."
[/quote]
I'm definitely liking the sound of that.  8)  ;D

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1054593" timestamp="1315717332"]
[quote author=TribePride75 link=topic=88038.msg1054563#msg1054563 date=1315712437]
Man can you imagine these boards after this game is played?...Wow  :o Looking forward to this one! "The Black n Gold Bowl."
[/quote]
I'm definitely liking the sound of that.  8)  ;D
[/quote]

'The Black n Gold Bowl'! Kinda catchy...I like it too!

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="Ned11str8" post="1054785" timestamp="1315772251"]
Nederland is a better team than vidor . We have better coaches , talent and speed. Nederland will run away with this game
[/quote]
Speed? I don't think so. Vidor has the best Defense in 20-4A just check the stats and the leading rusher in 20-4A. I think Vidor will run away with this one.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1054832" timestamp="1315778863"]
[quote author=Ned11str8 link=topic=88038.msg1054785#msg1054785 date=1315772251]
Nederland is a better team than vidor . We have better coaches , talent and speed. Nederland will run away with this game
[/quote]
Speed? I don't think so. Vidor has the best Defense in 20-4A just check the stats and the leading rusher in 20-4A. I think Vidor will run away with this one.
[/quote]

I agreed with ya...Vidor 72, Nederland 0

[quote name="dockofthebay" post="1054833" timestamp="1315779510"]
[quote author=Ned11str8 link=topic=88038.msg1054785#msg1054785 date=1315772251]
[/quote]  Don't yall have the same coaches and basically the same kids as last year? ???
[/quote]

The Pirates aren't looking back at last seasons win over Ned. They are looking forward and staying focused on taking
care of business 1 game at a time. It's hilarious how[b] some[/b] Ned. fans run off at the mouth about their team or coach being better,
or their cheerleaders are prettier and our mascot can beat up your mascot.....lol. [b]Most[/b] Ned. fans just like to talk smack about
their team and high school football and that's what makes this stuff fun, most posters on this forum know how to talk smack
with the best of em, but some have yet to learn the art of how to do this without being obnoxious.....and the funny thing is they
have no clue how stupid they look.  ;D
On Sept. 23rd we will see who has the best team that night.......and the prettiest cheerleaders. ;)

VPirate, we can't look back either. Every year is different with new faces. I haven't seen Vidor this year, but I know they are well coached and play hard-nosed football. Ned plays with a never give-up approach and I love that. We have some injured players returning who will be difference makers. I hope for a well played, clean game, with no injuries.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Raza012
    Newest Member
    Raza012

• Maybe.. however..  Many athletic director / head football coach have lost their job despite the athletic program as a whole being successful.. if the football team struggles.  On the other hand, when football teams are doing great but the rest of the program stinks.. AD/HFC still keeps their job. WOS.  Newton. .. programs as a whole were fairly weak during those many years of football power and very few people even knew it.  Or cared. Yet, AD/HFC kept their jobs for years. Meanwhile, I remember an AD/HFC at Barbers Hill lost his job after every program in the school won district championships and even had several team sports (baseball, softball, girls hoops, etc.) making runs at state.  But the football team was mediocre.  Fired. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that perception is reality.  And the perception is that your athletic program can suck as long as football wins.. it doesn't matter how strong the athletic program is if football sucks. 
    • 5A Bi-District Baseball: Friendswood vs. Nederland -Game 1: Thursday (May 2): 6:30pm -Game 2: Friday (May 3): 6:30pm -Game 3 (If Needed): Saturday (May 4): 12pm *All games at Goose Creek Memorial HS*
    • Baseball mafia can cry all they want but when the talent isn’t there it ain’t there lol
    • It's only a matter of time before the baseball mafia starts greasing the tracks to run Crumedy out of town. It'll be a dang shame too, but mark my words. 
    • Conditioning should be done by the coach that they are IN SEASON with. This is a simple concept that's missed by so many. Way too many kids are overworked these days. I don't really care what was done 20, 30 or 40 years ago. We know more now and should do better. And maybe kids were more durable in the past, but they also had a great foundation of manual labor, etc. And lifting... done right, should be done all year round. Dayton's S&C coordinator is top notch when it comes to putting this together.
  • Topics