Vidor vs. Nederland 9-23-11 Predictions

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1056636" timestamp="1316007012"]
[quote author=rzueman link=topic=88038.msg1055924#msg1055924 date=1315929964]
1ri·val noun \ˈrī-vəl\

Definition of RIVAL
1a : one of two or more striving to reach or obtain something that only one can possess b : one striving for competitive advantage
[/quote]

a) Vidor is striving to reach a playoff berth that Nederland possesses almost every year

b) Vidor is striving for a competitive advantage over Nederland

Conclusion: Vidor considers Nederland a rival, but Nederland doesn't consider Vidor a rival. Historically, Nederland has the competitive advantage over Vidor. The overall record is really lopsided. Now, can't we just co-exist?
[/quote]

I for one do not consider Ned. a rival....never have.  ::)

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the past, I haven't either, but 11 pages of 'Smack Talk' back-to-back in a little over 3 days may make some people reconsider!  ;D
What do U think VPirate?

[quote name="VPirate" post="1056656" timestamp="1316008907"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=88038.msg1056636#msg1056636 date=1316007012]
[quote author=rzueman link=topic=88038.msg1055924#msg1055924 date=1315929964]
1ri·val noun \ˈrī-vəl\

Definition of RIVAL
1a : one of two or more striving to reach or obtain something that only one can possess b : one striving for competitive advantage
[/quote]

a) Vidor is striving to reach a playoff berth that Nederland possesses almost every year

b) Vidor is striving for a competitive advantage over Nederland

Conclusion: Vidor considers Nederland a rival, but Nederland doesn't consider Vidor a rival. Historically, Nederland has the competitive advantage over Vidor. The overall record is really lopsided. Now, can't we just co-exist?
[/quote]

I for one do not consider Ned. a rival....never have.  ::)
[/quote]

[quote name="VPirate" post="1056676" timestamp="1316010079"]
Really this whole rival thing was started by 1 or 2 people. What I think is when these young men step on the field they don't like each other very much....;D Off the field I know several Ned. players and Vidor players that get along great.
[/quote]

That's the same with Ned/PNG players and fans. Friends for 51 weeks of the year, then it's ON!!

[quote name="BaseBow" post="1056638" timestamp="1316007127"]
[quote author=lonestartexan977 link=topic=88038.msg1054296#msg1054296 date=1315696103]
Well, lets see....Vidor beat WOS in a [glow=red,2,300]scrimmage [/glow] this year and it was by more than one point.  (one point being all nederland could win by agains WOS)  Texas High is a tough, quality team and yes, Bridge City and Kirbyville are 3A but quality teams none the less!  The game with Vidor/Nederland will be a good game, and it's hard to win in midcounty  but I see Vidor coming out on top in this one.  Vidor 24 Nederland 17
[/quote]another scrimmage winner ....congrats LIL buddy ;)
[/quote]whether it be a scrimmage or a real game, isn't it the same people playing with the same copetitivness.(I might have spelled that wrong)

To me, a scrimmage is about like a pre-season NFL game. You get an idea of what ur team has for the season, but it's not a full 4Quarters with pressure situations when the game is on the line.

[quote name="vp08" post="1057141" timestamp="1316044242"]
[quote author=BaseBow link=topic=88038.msg1056638#msg1056638 date=1316007127]
[quote author=lonestartexan977 link=topic=88038.msg1054296#msg1054296 date=1315696103]
Well, lets see....Vidor beat WOS in a [glow=red,2,300]scrimmage [/glow] this year and it was by more than one point.  (one point being all nederland could win by agains WOS)  Texas High is a tough, quality team and yes, Bridge City and Kirbyville are 3A but quality teams none the less!  The game with Vidor/Nederland will be a good game, and it's hard to win in midcounty  but I see Vidor coming out on top in this one.  Vidor 24 Nederland 17
[/quote]whether it be a scrimmage or a real game, isn't it the same people playing with the same copetitivness.(I might have spelled that wrong)
[/quote]

[quote name="EZDawg" post="1057147" timestamp="1316044845"]
To me, a scrimmage is about like a pre-season NFL game. You get an idea of what ur team has for the season, but it's not a full 4Quarters with pressure situations when the game is on the line.

[quote author=vp08 link=topic=88038.msg1057141#msg1057141 date=1316044242]
[quote author=BaseBow link=topic=88038.msg1056638#msg1056638 date=1316007127]
[/quote]
[/quote]

It's coaches just seeing what their Jimmy's and Joe's can do.

Should be a good game. Anyone have an injury update? Sure would be nice to have some starters back for district. How's Vidor holding up injury wise?

Ned's gotta get a solid running game going especially for district. Luckily we are passing the ball pretty good right now. I don't think we've gotten to witness the whole potential of our defense quite yet due to injuries. If they are back, I feel good about this game behind a solid Nederland crowd.

[quote name="Ned11str8" post="1057193" timestamp="1316050051"]
Veederville must be confusing theirselves for winners instead of weiners ! y'all are about to have have a major reality check , just wait ! I'm going to laugh my tail off after this game !
[/quote]ooooooooooooooooh were scared!..........Nerd 11 you mean tucking your tail right! We shall see who gets the last laugh!

Guest TribePride75
[quote name="dawgnut" post="1057220" timestamp="1316052597"]
The game will not last as long as this thread has, 11 pages in 5 days and we still have more than a week to go.
[/quote] I know serious hype going into this one!

Nederville needs to look at the Pirate [b]DEFENSE[/b] instead of thinking about the Pirate offense which they won't be able to stop. Scroll up to the stats board for the area and look at the rankings. Vidor will rush for 350 - 400 yards on the puppies but the key will be our defense which is the quickest we've had in some time. We have given up a few long plays but none carry to the end zone as in years past. We also return eight defensive starters next year. All in all, this may be the fastest team we've had under Mathews. Final score, Vidor 28 - Nederville 17. The Puppies usually have a good kicker and will get a field goal in. They'll get one touchdown due to officiating. You're down 7 - 0 right now Pirates due to the zebras. You'll have to play with that mentallity.

This has been a pretty fun thread to read through....

My two cents (for what it's worth).....

Vidor NEEDS to win this game.... Not only because they want to start 20-4A with a win against a pre-season favorite for a playoff spot, but because they need to back up their 3-0 start with a meaningful win.... No disrespect to Texas High, no disrespect to Bridge City and no disrespect to Kirbyville.... But those games mean nothing.... Those wins mean nothing.... If you go winless in district or miss the playoffs, who cares????? Vidor HAS to have a win, or anyone not associated with the school will continue to consider them as a non-serious contender....  Vidor fans, if you don't like people talking about the meltdowns in district play, then you have to give them a reason to shut up....

Nederland can really make a statement in this one as well.... The loss to Barbers Hill really shook some heads (I think so anyway).... Nederland can re-establish themselves as a threat to the crown by knocking off the team that has slowly become one of the SETX darlings with their 3-0 start....

Whatever happens, when this game ends next Friday night.... If Nederland is victorious, don't be alarmed by the loud thump you hear.... It's only the sound that lots of people jumping off of a bandwagon makes!!!

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1057309" timestamp="1316061915"]
I dont care how good vidors run game is if the dog's do what they did to BH then i'll take the doggys.
[/quote]
Compare the rushing stats of BH to Vidor's rushing stats. They aren't even close.

BH has 617 rushing yards so far. They put up 147 against Nederland, 208 against Sante Fe, and 262 against Lumberton.

Vidor has put up 1067 rushing yards so far. They put up 413 against Texas High, 219 against BC, and 435 against Kirbyville.

I'll just let the stats speak for itself.

I doubt Nederland will be able to handle Vidor's rushing attack just because they did fairly well against BH.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="outanup" post="1057339" timestamp="1316081846"]
Stats dont win games.......
[/quote]
No they do not. Because You had better stats than BH that night and look who won that game.  ::)  ;D

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1057459" timestamp="1316103180"]
[quote author=outanup link=topic=88038.msg1057339#msg1057339 date=1316081846]
Stats dont win games.......
[/quote]
No they do not. Because You had better stats than BH that night and look who won that game.  ::)  ;D
[/quote]

Do you seriously think that vider is going to win this game ?

*** I do completely understand vidor wanting to enjoy being undefeated but you only have one more week before the ship loses it sails

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder