Vidor vs. Nederland 9-23-11 Predictions

[quote name="VPirate" post="1060957" timestamp="1316482519"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=88038.msg1060952#msg1060952 date=1316482228]
I saw some video of Vidor and think they are pretty good.  [b]Their only downfall is fumbles at key points of the game.[/b]  I think Vidor will be up for a full game vs. Big Ned and will pull it off by a score.
[/quote]

Your right fumbles and dumb penalties could hurt us in this game.
[/quote]Defense may also be a concern, but I don't think Nederland will be one of the high powered offenses that you will face in district, but their defense will be legit.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a young O line that is just now learning how to run block. In the 4th quarter against BH they finally started to open up some holes. It may not be this week, but when they get it together they are big enough to make some serious noise. I wouldn't take this group to lightly, you may not like the results!

The Pirate O/L has been playing lights out, our defense has been getting better each game especially our pass rush, and the secondary has improved. I could point out what I think needs to improve, but they hear that from the coaches. Nobody really knows how this game will turn out. Keys to this game will be whoever has the most T and T's.  ;D

[quote name="robanadana" post="1061059" timestamp="1316504373"]
Size isn't the thing with the Pirates, it's speed! We haven't faced a team yet that wasn't bigger across the line than us; especially Texas High. Speed kills.......and our boys are in the best shape I've ever seen a Pirate team.
[/quote]

exactamundo my fellow Pirate fan.  ;D ;D

Guest kellybulldawg
I have had the oppurtunity to watch both Vidor and Nederland play. This is my unbiased opinion .
I have to give the edge to Vidor based on what I've seen. I heard that Vidor started 10 sophmores on defense last year . Their defense is rock solid and next year , well watchout . Nederlands running game is suspect and Vidor can defend the pass well.

With all this being said , I will not give a score prediction. GOOD LUCK to both teams and remain injury free

I know opinions don't mean much,,,,but I see nederland totally dominating this game,,,,I just don't see vidor doing much,,,,,I predict matthews out on the field half the nite complaining to the refs as usual and throwing his headset in disgust with his p-rats,,,,,,yal just sit back and watch all the vidorians leaving bulldog stadium with a lost look on their face,,,,,,,,,

[quote name="faub10" post="1061656" timestamp="1316566302"]
I know opinions don't mean much,,,,but I see nederland totally dominating this game,,,,I just don't see vidor doing much,,,,,I predict matthews out on the field half the nite complaining to the refs as usual and throwing his headset in disgust with his p-rats,,,,,,yal just sit back and watch all the vidorians leaving bulldog stadium with a lost look on their face,,,,,,,,,

[/quote]

LMBO  ;D ;D  Do you just dream this stuff up out of thin air......or are you really that far removed from reality..smh  ???

[quote name="faub10" post="1061656" timestamp="1316566302"]
[/quote]

;D Yep them Vidorians will have plenty of excuses Saturday morning ( refs , cheating , Mathews head set being broken ) .
Everything but the truth , which is : The dogs are a better football team ( always have been and always will be )
I do not blame Vidor for dreaming though. How can I ? Everybody wants to be like the Dogs  :-* ;D RUFF RUFF

[quote name="Ned11str8" post="1061700" timestamp="1316571729"]
Just found the Vidor School Song online  ;D

Oh Bulldogs
Hats off to you.
Forever you whip us,
We're sad and blue.
Soft and slow,
Always we'll be.
Here's to the Ned,
We love:
Here's a cheer but still no victory !

[/quote]

lol.......Did your mother drop you on your head when you were a baby or something.  ???

[quote name="VPirate" post="1061721" timestamp="1316573239"]
[quote author=Ned11str8 link=topic=88038.msg1061700#msg1061700 date=1316571729]
Just found the Vidor School Song online  ;D

Oh Bulldogs
Hats off to you.
Forever you whip us,
We're sad and blue.
Soft and slow,
Always we'll be.
Here's to the Ned,
We love:
Here's a cheer but still no victory !

[/quote]

lol.......Did your mother drop you on your head when you were a baby or something.  ???
[/quote]

I hope Friday gets here soon, I don't know how much more we can take!

Ive seen both team play and I really dont have a feel for how this game will come out. Nederland has a young O-line, but by now they should be getting it together better.  The Pirates played a much larger team when they went up against Texas High and beat them in OT.  The Texas High team reminded me a little of PNG in their offensive scheme.  The Pirate secondary had some holes in it for that game, but they have made some drastic improvements in that area since then.  Nederland is always tough, especially at home, so who knows...but you can count on one thing for sure; at some point in the game, the refs are going to show their bias towards Nederland.  Kindof like they did at the WOS game.  Nederland gets the calls.  Just my opinion, but there you have it.

Seems to me that some of the Vidor posters on here are assuming that Nederland is garbage...hold on tight to that assumption, fellas...hold on real tight...I don't doubt for a second that Vidor will be tough and very competitive, however, I do think that Nederland prevails...Friday night can't get here soon enough for me

[quote name="Razor" post="1061864" timestamp="1316610067"]
Seems to me that some of the Vidor posters on here are assuming that Nederland is garbage...hold on tight to that assumption, fellas...hold on real tight...I don't doubt for a second that Vidor will be tough and very competitive, however, I do think that Nederland prevails...Friday night can't get here soon enough for me

[/quote]

I for one am not assuming anything about Ned. Hey I hope they show up ready to play and gives Vidor a good game, but hey what do I know, they could be even worse than they were last year against us...... ;D lol

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="VPirate" post="1061895" timestamp="1316612877"]
[quote author=Razor link=topic=88038.msg1061864#msg1061864 date=1316610067]

[/quote]

I for one am not assuming anything about Ned. Hey I hope they show up ready to play and gives Vidor a good game, but hey what do I know, they [s]could be[/s] even worse than they were last year against us...... ;D lol
[/quote]
Will be  ::)  ;D  8)

[quote author=Razor link=topic=88038.msg1061864#msg1061864 date=1316610067]

[/quote]
And by no means am i saying that Nederland is garbage. IMO they are one of the top four teams in our district and they have one of the best defenses. They are one tough team. Thats for sure.

[quote name="football04" post="1059881" timestamp="1316371705"]
I think 01 was something like 10-8 Vidor
[/quote]But that was also in Vidor because I remember I betted $50 on that game with my uncle and I was just a kid but we actually won and he still hasn't paid me.haha

Just like ned will pull for the tribe except during mcm I think some vidor fans not all some are really showing there a$$ on here. I dont care if you 0 and 3 in pre district or 3 and 0 20 4a is a district of anything can happen your not only going against the bulldogs players you are going up against Neuman he will have something ready for your pirates I promise....... Vidor I believe deep in my heart until you learn to pass the ball against a mid county team your still only second best Go Dogs till next week and come get your whoopin

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder