Vidor vs. Nederland 9-23-11 Predictions

[quote name="baddog" post="1054880" timestamp="1315786109"]
VPirate, we can't look back either. Every year is different with new faces. I haven't seen Vidor this year, but I know they are well coached and play hard-nosed football. Ned plays with a never give-up approach and I love that. We have some injured players returning who will be difference makers.[b] I hope for a well played, clean game, with no injuries.[/b]
[/quote]

Hey this yrs. Bulldog team is TUFF and the Pirates know that. I'm like you baddog, looking for a well played, clean game, with no injuries. Have a good one baddog gotta go watch my Boys beat the Jets...... ;)

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are six pages of comment for this thread and the game's two weeks away....sure glad there isn't a rivalry or nothing like that. Black and Gold Bowl....that's great.....too bad we haven't played anyone this year (Texas High, BC, Kirbyville, you getting this?)!!! TitanPower, I'm not even gonna comment on your replies to me because you seem to be an expert, I don't want to bump heads with an expert....first time for me on these boards.....(I mean since 2006 and vidorsports.com).....I just enjoy talking smack on here.....don't know much about sports.

i think that vidor will win in overtime just like the Texas high game. Nederland is one of our biggest rivalries. the vidor boys have really stepped up this year, they are doing an amazing job so i dont think that they should be under estimated just yet. our defensive team is the best it has been in years in leading the division. we also have the top rushing running back in the league.

[quote name="robanadana" post="1054967" timestamp="1315793649"]
There are six pages of comment for this thread and the game's two weeks away....sure glad there isn't a rivalry or nothing like that. Black and Gold Bowl....that's great.....too bad we haven't played anyone this year (Texas High, BC, Kirbyville, you getting this?)!!! TitanPower, I'm not even gonna comment on your replies to me because you seem to be an expert, I don't want to bump heads with an expert....first time for me on these boards.....(I mean since 2006 and vidorsports.com).....I just enjoy talking smack on here.....don't know much about sports.
[/quote]

Its still not a rivalry no matter how much you wish it is.

[quote name="bigdog" post="1055097" timestamp="1315799891"]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=88038.msg1054967#msg1054967 date=1315793649]
[/quote]

[b]Its still not a rivalry no matter how much you wish it is.[/b]
[/quote]

It may not be a rivalry but it is a game that means something to the players and fans. In a football game there are winners and there are losers. The winners celebrate and the losers cry. All I'm saying is the city of Nederland better stock up on tissue.  ;D ;D

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="Ned11str8" post="1055128" timestamp="1315804033"]
Ned owns vidor . Always has and that won't change this year. I honestly don't think that vidor knows what they are in for ;) . Losers
[/quote]
Yeah they really owned us last year with a 24-14 LOSE! I think the Nederland puppies know what they are in for.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="Ned11str8" post="1055128" timestamp="1315804033"]
Ned owns vidor . Always has and that won't change this year. I honestly don't think that vidor knows what they are in for ;) . Losers
[/quote]
Oh and incase you didn't know we haven't lost a game so the losers would be applied more to your team who lost last week if i remember right.  ::)  ;D  :o  8)

[quote name="robanadana" post="1054967" timestamp="1315793649"]
[/quote]

What??? are you  :'( about?? and what is vidorsports.com?  I must have hit a nerve about something.  My job here is done.  ;D

Sorry BR 8) 8) 8)

png is Nederland's rival................not vhs 8) 8) 8)

vhs may be 5 or 6 back...........................

[quote name="Blackrose#2" post="1055059" timestamp="1315798155"]
i think that vidor will win in overtime just like the Texas high game. Nederland is one of our biggest rivalries. the vidor boys have really stepped up this year, they are doing an amazing job so i dont think that they should be under estimated just yet. our defensive team is the best it has been in years in leading the division. we also have the top rushing running back in the league.
[/quote]

Guest Pirate_pride_07
I love the fact that us calling this a rivalry is getting under yall's skin. Yall just can't stand the idea that Vidor considers yall a rival. There's just no possible way lol.

What upsets us is the fact that you are trying to move into territory that is not Jones to move into......there is now and forever only one rival for the Bulldogs like the Preacher said at the wedding one and only one. There is only two standing in front of the Preacher not three. If you want to be a rival of the Bulldogs, move to Port Neches.

If there is one thing I can't stand, it's playing Nederland in Nederland.  I hate the officiating; I hate the disrespect, but one thing is... we will make sure the officials don't give you a reason to win 10 yards out of the end zone...we will keep the score far enough ahead and make sure we come out as winners. 

We have a lot of pride for our team.  These boys have done an awesome job of containing many different offenses and defenses...BRING IT ON!!!  Play your "HEARTS" out boys and you will come out on top. 

[quote name="pirate68" post="1054418" timestamp="1315701877"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=88038.msg1054174#msg1054174 date=1315685568]
Ned - 31 Vidor - 7... If Raines is back..

Ned - 17 Vidor - 7... Without Raines

No disrespect to the backup. He performed about as well as you can ask against BH. But first time starting jitters are hard to shake. Its different when you have time to psych yourself out all week versus just being thrown in there.
[/quote]GoDogs27, I think you will be surprised when you see Vidors secondary play.Secondary and Linebacker play has been the strenth of our defense.While Raines is a good player I do not see our secondary getting burnt to often.We have more speed at these positions than we have had in a long time.I think this will be a very physical and close game but, IMO your 31 to 7 prediction is way off. We will see in two weeks. 8)
[/quote]texas high fan here for the Vidor fans that field goal in overtime is still the last points to score on are defense. So keep ya'll head high yall stuck it to us . Got the #1 team in Arkansas and #25 in nation coming to town this Friday so that is pro. going to change.lol keep the good work up.

[quote name="dawgnut" post="1054360" timestamp="1315700180"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=88038.msg1054174#msg1054174 date=1315685568]
Ned - 31 Vidor - 7... If Raines is back..

Ned - 17 Vidor - 7... Without Raines

No disrespect to the backup. He performed about as well as you can ask against BH. But first time starting jitters are hard to shake. Its different when you have time to psych yourself out all week versus just being thrown in there.
[/quote]

First time jitters? I am pretty sure Friday night was as bad as it gets. No disrespect to Raines, but this kid has a better release, sees the field faster and delivers the ball, I don't see Vidor getting anything but a tougher time playing pass defense. I hope Raines returns for Vidor, he deserves the start he paid for it but if he don't I think Vidor is in for a worse time if the Coaches don't screw Woods up it could be we have to much time before the next game!
[/quote]Dawgnuts i totally agree Woods was in control with out any jitters that I could see. His arm is stronger than Raines and he does see the field alot better. I am like you Raines does deserve the start but coaching needs to look at running Woods alot more. Last year on JV Woods and Barrows were a lethal combination and it would seem they would realize this. But then again seems like Nederland coaches would have realized its hard for a rt footed kicker to be on the rt side hash mark also.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin